Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:29 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

No not really, I don't do much science fiction. I just figure if space aliens are here which I don't belive, that it would be pointless to fight with them. I don't cast silver bullets either. I do cast lead bullets though.

My thing is early history and learning skills from them. I do have a clovis pointed spear in reserve for space aliens if I find I must fight them. The reasoning there is space aliens have no defence for very low tech weapons. And of course I have a Alcoa wrap tin foil hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 10:31 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
It's possible that these so-called "superior" alien life forms are smaller than us in which case we could simply squish them. Probably why they haven't yet revealed themselves to us.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
It's possible that these so-called "superior" alien life forms are smaller than us in which case we could simply squish them. Probably why they haven't yet revealed themselves to us.
Naw....... We would call them wives Now I don't know about you, but I squish my wife every chance I git!

Old 01-05-2011, 03:27 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,145,952 times
If they have the means to fly around the galaxy then why would they ever want to come here. They are most likely waiting for us to come to them.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No not really, I don't do much science fiction. I just figure if space aliens are here which I don't belive, that it would be pointless to fight with them. I don't cast silver bullets either. I do cast lead bullets though.

My thing is early history and learning skills from them. I do have a clovis pointed spear in reserve for space aliens if I find I must fight them. The reasoning there is space aliens have no defence for very low tech weapons. And of course I have a Alcoa wrap tin foil hat.
I wonder how we would fair against the galactic empire from Star Wars??

Let's hope Vader hasn't set his sights for this corner of the Galaxy...

Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Beats me....

Old 01-06-2011, 12:20 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christi123 View Post
Just want to hear people's opinions as to what is going to happen when the government confirms to the world the very real existence of E.T. Why do you think the government has kept the facts a secret for so long? I think it will cause world wide panic, although there is no evidence they are hostile. How close are we to having the aliens come out of the wood works, so to speak? Do you think this is the basis for 2012 end of the world as we KNOW it? Did the Myan's, Egyptian's, and others already know them on a first hand basis? What would cause them to quit communication in ancient times, only to come back now? How long do you think it will be before the government will confirm to us they "speak" to them regularly? Why is it just now the U.N. is coming forward and having meetings about this? I think it's closer than we all realize...
Which government? Our government? THE Government? No government is going to "admit" to anything. For one, the scrutiny that would ensue not only from its own people, but from other countries around the world would be disastrous; at least publicly.

Also, why does the Government/military have the monopoly on UFOs and ETs? There is the joke that it is always the redneck hillbilly that sees the UFO or gets abducted, but seriously-if UFOs and ETs really do exists, they would have made themselves known to more "normal" people. If they really wanted to make contact, they would more than likely just go up to the first person, or cow, they see and start up a conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post

If these theories are correct, then our quarantined status would prevent contact with ET. The only question beyond that is that if the previous statement is true, then where did these theories come from in the first place? A rouge alien that decided to break intergalactic law to let a few select people in on the secret? If not, where would any knowledge that such a thing exists in the first place have come from?
It's called a couple of dudes sitting around with too much pot and too little to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
That's just it. Shrooms have nothnig to fear. It's all part of the sinister plot. After smoking the shrooms, you can find yourself in an alternate universe of shrooms, where you're the ingredient in their spaghetti restaurants, or you're made into Cream of Human Soup.
You can't smoke shrooms. Yes, I have tried. And apparently, I am one of the normal ones on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Yeah, just like the Intergalactic Fleet of alien space craft that came to conquer the Earth...then the entire fleet was swallowed by a small dog.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
You can't smoke shrooms. Yes, I have tried. And apparently, I am one of the normal ones on here.
LOL! Normal? Evidently the ones you tried weren't the radioactive kinds that glow in the dark around nuclear bomb test sites. Matangos are pretty picky about things like that.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,712,176 times
What would happen if we make contact with ET?

Well surprisingly enough we had a pretty good demo of such a scenario. Back in the 90s SETI scientists received a signal that they thought was ET in nature (it turned out later to be an orbiting satellite). Surprisingly enough, as SETI scientists recall, the CIA or the army or the tall guys with black suits and sunglasses didn't show up. It was also determined that you wouldn't be able to keep it secret since you'd need many people (from all over the world) involved in the process of identifying, checking, double-checking, confirming the signal if it was indeed an ET.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:37 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
I've just posted the truth about this issue on "What Would Aliens Say". I'm a witness to the truth about this. No such thing.

Third page, fourth post down.

Last edited by O-Ducky; 01-06-2011 at 04:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal