Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times

Advertisements

[quote=ocpaul20;16215782]
I have posted this official NASA photo on this forum about 3 or 4 times and no-one has made any comment at all about it - because there is no comment to make. It says it all. I doubt anyone will comment on it this time either.

OK, want a comment? I looked at the photo and just like all the other UFO pictures/videos over the last 50 years you gotta use your imagination with it.

The picture shows black rocks, sand and the horizon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
The picture shows black rocks, sand and the horizon.
Yes, to some people it does, and to some people there is nothing "wrong" in these photos.

There is nothing wrong with this belief - except that it is taking what is said at face value and not using the filter of our common sense perhaps.

My common sense asks various questions when I look at these photos.

When I zoom in and look closely, why are the 'shadows' blacked-out as if they are censored? Why would government agencies need to do that if there is nothing to hide?

Why does a planet which we are told is 'uninhabited' have things on it which cannot be explained? (such as 'rocks' of regular shapes, carvings, writing, statues, earthworks, pipes)

Why have we leap-frogged the Moon and gone to Mars which is further, more expensive etc when a base on the Moon makes far more sense as it is nearer home and reachable in 4 days? It just does not make sense and the explanations given dont make sense either.

Will my other beliefs in other things (religion etc) conflict with anything I might find out?

All this, along with other information which is not forthcoming from the government does not make me believe they are telling us the truth about aliens.

It is all about how safe we feel. If considering the answers to these kind of questions makes us feel unsafe, then we do not want to ask them or even think about any possibility that aliens might exist.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:59 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,825,288 times
As plwhit has said, all that I see in the photo are rocks, sand, and the horizon. What are we supposed to be seeing, exactly, and where are these censored areas at?

Old 10-19-2010, 11:36 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
As plwhit has said, all that I see in the photo are rocks, sand, and the horizon. What are we supposed to be seeing, exactly, and where are these censored areas at?
One of the things that has puzzled ocpaul about the NASA/JPL image is a rectangular or squarish shape to which he feels such shapes don't appear in nature, in other words, artificial. Unfortunately, odd geometrical shapes like this can and do indeed appear in nature.

Below is an enlarged view of the "shape" which he refers to as a "compound", is bordered in red near the lower left. I also lightened the image to better enhance the details. This is all that's showing of the lines in the original photo, so we have no idea how the far left side of the unseen part of the shape ends. The shape could just as easily not have any "line" on the unseen left side, in which case it would then not be a square or rectangle at all.

Near the top right of this enlarged view, you'll notice I've placed a red arrow pointing to a curved shape which almost circular. Could that also be an artificial border meant to enclose something? No, because shapes like that can also appear in nature.

The entire area of the original photo appears to be crater. My guess is that the crater was caused by the impact of a meteor. The curved line looks like it may be a sand slide or some form of erosion. The raised dark line is simply caused by debris pushed ahead by the slide. It appears to have a fan-like spread which can be caused by slides. In the original photo, we can also see various lines and spot that may have been caused by dust devils. The trails of the dust devils have swept off the surface which has exposed either bedrock or lighter colored compacted soil.

As for the squarish "compound", it looks to be slightly elevated around the edges leaving an indentation inside. My hunch is that if we swept away all the dust and sand from the configured area, we'd probably find it's just a weird fragmentation or shearing of the bedrock caused by the meteor impact and has been covered over with sand and dust over time.

It also appears that the location of this shape is on the side or shallow wall of the crater, on the rover's side of the crater. It's hard to say just how near or far away the shape is from the rover, or the size of it, but I'd say it's probably much too small to be a compound or a border from a long disintegrated fort created by aliens or Martians, unless they were only a few inches tall. But with a little imagination, I guess it could sort of look like a "compound", in the same way we can 'see' faces, etc., in rocks, clouds, trees, toast, etc., right here on Earth.

The bottom line is that we are indeed seeing nothing more (in the original photo) than the effects of a meteor impact, as well as sand and rocks now covering the entire area.

As for the "censored" areas and "missing shadows", I have no idea what ocpaul is referring to either. It might turn out to be nothing more than digital glitches, or pixalated artifacts caused by degradation from enlarging a jpg image.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
If I squint I can see...
  • a square/rectangular area that was made by captives shuffling their webbed feet along in the sand
  • a dashed red line in the infrared spectrum not previously visible to the naked eye
  • a red arrow (also in the infrared spectrum) that appears to be pointed directly at earth in much the same way one would point out an upcoming conquest
my response to these alien free rangers; "bring it on melon-heads, bring it on!"

Old 10-19-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
If I squint I can see...
  • a square/rectangular area that was made by captives shuffling their webbed feet along in the sand
  • a dashed red line in the infrared spectrum not previously visible to the naked eye
  • a red arrow (also in the infrared spectrum) that appears to be pointed directly at earth in much the same way one would point out an upcoming conquest
my response to these alien free rangers; "bring it on melon-heads, bring it on!"
Speaking of rangers, Duke Nukem, Serious Sam Stone and the guy from Doom are already on it to help sort it all out.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I don't think there is any ET's walkin around, and if there is, my bet is fighting with them would be pointless. If they can get here from farther out in space than we know, then they can beat us at our own game which has always been war.

I have no doubt that if there were, they would start that last war and end it, and we would loose.

I don't know how to explain things I see on tv, I don't know how to explain a few things I have seen alone, in the sky. The oddest thing i ever saw in the sky made a sound like bacon frying in a pan, and what ever it was, was headed due north in night, and burning up. But I have never before or since 'heard' a shooting star, which was what caused me to look up in the first place.

And of course when it comes to the unknown, it's always best to send out a little girl to see what happens to her. If she gets vaporized, I will know it was a good thing to be hiding under a rock.

It is right?
Have you ever seen the sci-fi movie 'Invasion of the body snatchers'??
An excellent sci-fi concept of the idea of aliens arriving here in a 'dormant' like state...like seeds...that could have drifted for ions...and upon proper climate conditions, sprout and seek out biological life to infest or take over...like parasites...
Another movie that demonstrates this is 'The Thing'...John Carpenters version in the 80's...

Or even Aliens, the movie...the way the creatures incubate inside of human bodies....
An astronaut could get contaminated is space and bring back spores or alien seeds...just saying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
If is were to be revealed,

maybe the world would go into a panic state.

Just the thought of there being unearthly civilization/species exisitng out of this world that is more "intelligent" than human beings pumps fear.
Along with the fact that they are constantly visiting this world with an unknown agenda.

"You fear what your dont understand"
Panic??? This is one concept I could never understand...why would people panic??

I think most would be in 'awe'...'amazement'...people aren't that emotionally flimsy...at least not the majority...

Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Have you ever seen the sci-fi movie 'Invasion of the body snatchers'??
An excellent sci-fi concept of the idea of aliens arriving here in a 'dormant' like state...like seeds...that could have drifted for ions...and upon proper climate conditions, sprout and seek out biological life to infest or take over...like parasites...
Another movie that demonstrates this is 'The Thing'...John Carpenters version in the 80's...

Or even Aliens, the movie...the way the creatures incubate inside of human bodies....
An astronaut could get contaminated is space and bring back spores or alien seeds...just saying...

Panic??? This is one concept I could never understand...why would people panic??

I think most would be in 'awe'...'amazement'...people aren't that emotionally flimsy...at least not the majority...

Spores? Did you say spores? Hmm. Now that you mention it, I think you might be on to something there. The Japanese have known about those kinds of invasions for half a century. No one knows for sure, but it either involved deadly radiation, or they came from outer space. There's clearly a global plot going on to spread their kind around the world. They quietly lurk everywhere... forests... fields... the produce department at grocery stores... just waiting to infect the next unwary consumer. It's the origin of terms like, "There's a fungus among us", and "moldy oldy". Word is Campbell's Soup is somehow involved.

Attack of the Killer Shrooms
(Better known as Matango)

Old 01-05-2011, 08:07 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Those giant killer shroons better stay away from Grateful dead concerts...they might get all smoked up...
And they better stay away from Italian spagetti resturants...yum...

Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Those giant killer shroons better stay away from Grateful dead concerts...they might get all smoked up...
And they better stay away from Italian spagetti resturants...yum...
That's just it. Shrooms have nothnig to fear. It's all part of the sinister plot. After smoking the shrooms, you can find yourself in an alternate universe of shrooms, where you're the ingredient in their spaghetti restaurants, or you're made into Cream of Human Soup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal