Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 07:10 AM

101 posts, read 38,248 times

Advertisements

*~* Witchcraft and Wicca Forum *~* EUTM
What other sites can you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 07:50 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Gotta have a little bit more posting history before I dare to click on a new member's link. Sorry.
Anyone else want to "take one for the team"?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:44 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
I ran the site URL through Sucuri's malware checker and it came up clean. Design features lots of black, pinks, and purples which I suppose is supposed to look witchy.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:36 AM

101 posts, read 38,248 times
and it's:
https://traditionalwitch.net/forums/

Old 12-30-2019, 04:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveshnikov View Post
I get a message that the link is not secure. I do admit that there is a rise in witchcraft as many millennials turn their backs on organized religion: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ogy-2017-10-20.

I do not know why one would free themselves from organized religion only to embrace another 'god'. It sounds like they did not learn their lesson the first time. But that is my two cents on the subject.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:42 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I get a message that the link is not secure. I do admit that there is a rise in witchcraft as many millennials turn their backs on organized religion: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...ogy-2017-10-20.

I do not know why one would free themselves from organized religion only to embrace another 'god'. It sounds like they did not learn their lesson the first time. But that is my two cents on the subject.
There are a lot of millennials in the Pagan/Wiccan community. I am Pagan. There has been an explosion of interest in psychic matters and astrology especially. I remember reading a recent article talking about how the astrology app market is soaring and the number of related astrology posts from millennials on social media is far more popular than ever. As far as turning their backs on organized religion, when I talk to them, some don't go to church but may hang onto parts of their private faith while availing themselves of classes, etc. in topics that interest them (healing, dream work, divination and so forth). Others have walked away from organized religion altogether like I did. We do not all embrace another god though. Many do, some don't. Many are into researching the Pagan religions of their ancestry. Or embrace as I do, the Goddess. For me it is much more relevant to my life than what I find in organized religion.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveshnikov View Post
What other sites can you recommend?
The only forums that I visit anymore that discuss these kind of things is the Reddit forums. They have all types of subforums for Pagans, Wiccans, astrology, dreams, psychic, mediumship, various types of healing like Reiki, etc. You just search for what you are interested in. They are pretty active.

I also read the Sagewoman blogs:
https://witchesandpagans.com/sagewoman-blogs.html
That is my primary interest but I don't know if that would interest you or not. Its not a forum, just blogs.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:16 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
There are a lot of millennials in the Pagan/Wiccan community. I am Pagan. There has been an explosion of interest in psychic matters and astrology especially. I remember reading a recent article talking about how the astrology app market is soaring and the number of related astrology posts from millennials on social media is far more popular than ever. As far as turning their backs on organized religion, when I talk to them, some don't go to church but may hang onto parts of their private faith while availing themselves of classes, etc. in topics that interest them (healing, dream work, divination and so forth). Others have walked away from organized religion altogether like I did. We do not all embrace another god though. Many do, some don't. Many are into researching the Pagan religions of their ancestry. Or embrace as I do, the Goddess. For me it is much more relevant to my life than what I find in organized religion.
I am an atheist. Organized religion was money hungry so it was easy to see how many have moved away. I just cannot figure out why some are turning from one addiction to another. Like you state; there is a lot of money involved. The believers are buying the apps or buying information, kits, or pay for lectures. That is why I stated trading one god for another.

To me this is more of a rebellion against the traditional. Many of the beliefs have been scientifically disproven on more than one occasion. But some are obviously making money off witchcraft.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:23 AM

1,045 posts, read 759,658 times
Quote:
I am an atheist. Organized religion was money hungry so it was easy to see how many have moved away. I just cannot figure out why some are turning from one addiction to another. Like you state; there is a lot of money involved. The believers are buying the apps or buying information, kits, or pay for lectures. That is why I stated trading one god for another.

To me this is more of a rebellion against the traditional. Many of the beliefs have been scientifically disproven on more than one occasion. But some are obviously making money off witchcraft.
I became a Wiccan in 2007 but lost interest a few years later. I discovered it was really no different than Christianity - too much emphasis on mumbo jumbo (magic), same as Christians put on prayer. I'm now agnostic.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:

You pay for what has value to you in this and anything else. I've been Pagan for decades and spent very little money on it. I will occasionally buy a book if it really interests me. Often I've read the library copy first and just want to purchase my own. It is not necessary at all to spend large sums of money to be Pagan or Wiccan or anything else. Being closer to Nature is not expensive. Those who purchase an astrology app do so because they value the information.

There is no rule against making money.

Want to add, some of us have a much broader range of interests other than science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal