Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I don't believe in ghosts and I still don't. But this past weekend I went with my husband to visit his mother for mothers day. There were 7 other people at the house visiting. We were all sitting around a coffee table when suddenly all 7 of us saw a lighter lift itself up from the table about 12 inches and fly across the room until it hit a wall.

Also before that happened I had a bottle of milk for my youngest in my purse, it squirted out of the bottle on it's own on me. The bottle was hard so it couldn't be that it got sqeezed.

A lot of people think it's a spirit, but there has to be a scientific explanation why something like that would happen.
That is some crazy stuff. I do believe in spirits. Maybe they aren't spirits but they are something. When I was a kid I use to day dream about stuff like daydreaming about walking through the halls and someone dropping their sodo on the ground and then a couple of hours later I would walk through the hall and that person dropped their soda just like i dreamed it.

There are a lot of crazy things that can't be explained scientifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:06 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
I just have to share our Bay Area legend with you all:

snopes.com: Haunted Toys 'R' Us

I rented a house a few miles away from this store when I first moved to CA and it was the first time, I actually considered that I wasn't alone, but I don't think it was related to the store.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:41 PM

829 posts, read 2,955,651 times
Default Any cool ghost stories or stories of hautings?

Anyone...?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:33 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,832,038 times
Quote:
I don't believe in ghosts and I still don't. But this past weekend I went with my husband to visit his mother for mothers day. There were 7 other people at the house visiting. We were all sitting around a coffee table when suddenly all 7 of us saw a lighter lift itself up from the table about 12 inches and fly across the room until it hit a wall.

Also before that happened I had a bottle of milk for my youngest in my purse, it squirted out of the bottle on it's own on me. The bottle was hard so it couldn't be that it got sqeezed.

A lot of people think it's a spirit, but there has to be a scientific explanation why something like that would happen.
Quote:
All that happened was, my husband and I stopped bu his Mothers house to take her out for Mothers Day. After we got there we were standing in the entry way chatting about who goes in what car and I had milk in a hard plastic bottle in my purse just start squirting out on it's own. Which was weird because I always carry milk and juice in my purse for my kids.

We then went to sit down because the step father was having an attack of vertigo and debating if he should stay home. In the den it was me, my husband, Mother in law, her husband, my Dad and my step mom, my husbands aunt plus my 2 little ones.

We were sitting around the coffee table just chatting when the step fathers lighter lifted up about maybe 12 inches and the flew across the room until it hit the wall by the fireplace. We just sat there not saying anything for about a minute without saying anything, then we all started to panic a little.

We have talked to his Mother and nothing weird has happened since Mothers Day.
Quote:
Because my Mom died 5 years ago and of there was such a thing she definitely would have let me know somehow she was still around. She hasn't so I don't believe.

But I did think I saw her or something when she died. I saw this black smoke, actually it looked like how black oil would look in water. It just sat at the bottom of my bed then finally came up next to me. I reached out, no temp change and it dissapeared. Everyone told me I was upset about my mom's passing and I was tired and I was just seeing things. They were probably right.
Let's put two and two together here. It was "Mother's Day"...you were at your husband's Mom's house to take her out for Mothers Day. You were surrounded by Mother's, Dad's, Step Mom's. The baby bottle in your purse started to squirt...the spirit wanted to get your attention before the lighter went flying. This spirit was meant for YOU! I'd say it was indeed your Mother trying yet again to make some sort of contact. The first time was the black smoke incident when she died but you "poo-pooed" the situation at the time.

My take on this is that your Mother was trying to make contact with you on Mother's Day...to let you know she's still present in some way...maybe that she see's and in some way knows your children. A question I have is "did your Mother smoke by any chance"? Or do you smoke and did your Mother ever want you to quit the habit if you do? All this is food for thought at least.

Maybe your Mother was merely trying to wish you a happy Mother's Day?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:23 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Anyone...?
Sure, tons of them.

What we REALLY need is a paranormal forum on CD. No religion, no fundy's or Wiccans, just a place to relate ghost stories maybe a few photo's...

Hint, hint......

Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 PM

306 posts, read 135,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
Anyone...?
heaps and heaps i lived in a town with multiple hauntings and now am at a boarding school with you guessed it multiple hauntings i've heard my share of stories and have seen more than my share of weird stuff.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:51 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
It's Fathers Day and I'm getting some strange occurrences here while I work the BBQ and get things ready for dinner. I've had some great memories going through my head while working, and it feels like I'm seeing things out of the corner of my eye while I'm tending to the duties.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:41 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
It's Fathers Day and I'm getting some strange occurrences here while I work the BBQ and get things ready for dinner. I've had some great memories going through my head while working, and it feels like I'm seeing things out of the corner of my eye while I'm tending to the duties.
Consider the possibility that your Dad just wanted to drop in to see how you're doing.

Ya just never know!

Old 06-19-2011, 10:16 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
These are my most likely explanations for what happened.

1. The original post is not true.
2. Someone very clever with electronics and remote control of some sort rigged the lighter with some sort of means to elevate and fly.
3. The lighter malfunctioned or was exposed to heat or pressure or something and the fuel in lighter burned or exploded and acted like a small rocket.
4. The person or persons in the room were somehow hypnotized either deliberately or accidentally and somehow where all convinced this happened.
5. Similar to above but with drugs or narcotics causing a hallucination perhaps by one person who managed to convince the others what happened.
6. Someone bumped the coffee table in a very strange way and the lighter was lifted in a one in a million way which made it appear it was flying or was levitated then flew.
690000. A ghost or something supernatural was involved.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:13 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
I believe that spirits are real, we even have one, some are discarnate, that is what is involved in some of these stories you hear. I have not experienced any external "spirit activity" or anything that I could conceive to be such (despite living in Windsor Castle for 12 years, a ghost hotspot apparently) but I still believe it. It's actually not so much a belief than a deep down intuition that we all have a spriritual nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal