Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 06:55 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,008,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Alien presence on the earth would explain the basis of a lot of the Biblical tales from Genesis right through to Revelations so the idea is interesting
If it was just the bible I would completely disregard the basic idea, but it is not. That's the puzzling part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
True.that's what is keeping the possibilty an interesting concept

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,354,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
No we have not and some intend to keep it that way. I've heard rubblings/rumors over the years about archaeological finds being hidden or purposely destroyed in order to maintain the status quo.
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I think it is that whole "alien" talk that throws many people. No matter how much we think we may not, we are all biased toward the notion that they are little green guys with big heads flying around in saucers looking like that character from the Flintstones.
I can remember a poster (in another thread) asking me sarcastically "what would an alien look like". I told her to look in the mirror (and from that moment she called me EVERY name in the book). Whether she realized it or not, I wasn't trying to insult her. I honestly believe that WE are descendants from BOTH chimps and ETs. There is just too much scientific evidence as well as religious documentation of this (what I believe to be) fact.

Many are not aware of the Disclosure project that took place back in 2001. Much like the recent CNN disclosure on UFOs shutting down nukes, SEVERAL witnesses "from the inside" came forward about their dealings with the ET secret in a press conference. One of the most interesting testimonies was from Clifford Stone. Here is Clifford's testimony.

Alien races Here on Eart part 1 Over 70 are now here some working with Government some fighting it - YouTube

^^^He isn't the first person (nor is he the last) to have made such claims. Quite a few witnesses from around the world have claimed they saw "tall blondes" or "beautiful women" or something very human during their encounter. Hollywood movie writers are the ones that have brainwashed us into thinking that ALL ETs are this guy...

^^^And even if they were this guy, we must admit that "he" (or she) is more "human" than an ape (and THAT's the problem; our current theories don't allow for extraterrestrial homo-sapiens). The bottomline is our science could be wrong. And let's face it, lying to the public is "easier" than just admitting to an honest mistake.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
True.that's what is keeping the possibilty an interesting concept
Some years back on a visit to Jamaica (where the ex is from), I was sitting on the porch with her 80-something year old grandmother one night looking up at the bright night sky. All of a sudden I saw a shooting star (something I never used to see in South Florida or now, New York City, but used to see back on St. Thomas where I was born). She also saw it and she said, "de fallen angles dem ah fall tinite!" (the fallen angels are falling tonight). At first I did not understand what she meant and then it hit me that even in Jamaica, amongst the older heads, the age old story of descending deities persists. When I told my wife about it, she said to me that, yes, in Jamaica the old people still refer to falling stars or shooting stars as "fallen angels" even though she herself was not even aware of the biblical story found in Genesis 6.

I also recall a place in Peru known as Puerta de Hayu Marka ("Gate of the gods") which sits on the shore of Lake Titicaca. Apparently , the whole area is one of mystery and has long been revered by the locals. According to their legends, we are told, they claim that the gate is symbolic of some gate in the sky, some place in the region of the constellation of Taurus and the Pleiades, where the "gods" entered into our neck of the universe. Again, I have no idea what this was all about, but I also have no idea why such stories persist if there is not some basis for them. The fact that they are not the only ones with such ideas does not AUTOMATICALLY make the stories true, but it does cause me (at least) to wonder about some things.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM

I also learned something a while back. I was very close to my late grandmother and in her later years she used to walk around mumbling some stuff that I used to ignore for the most part. Then one day she said something and it prompted me to stop and think and what she said clarified a family mystery. Her revelation helped to connect the dots.

This is what I think we do with the ancients. We sometimes think of them as JUST primitive peoples with wild, crazy stories of weird gods and monsters that we discard as sheer nonsense. I think we sometimes fail to realize that myths are often grounded in SOME truth and that in all their babblings (writings, paintings, carvings, etc) there are PERHAPS nuggets of truths about our past they were/are conveying in the best way they could.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
In know you think this should be in the history section. However, it applies to religion as it would prove many religions wrong. We would have to rethink almost everything scientifically, and religiously. This is from watching the History channel show Ancient Aliens.

What do you think about the concept of ancient astronauts(aliens) visiting earth and shaping the world as we know today? For more info on this subject look up Ancient aliens or ancient astronauts.
Religions are already proved wrong by their own claims. Concerning ancient astronauts, I'm very (extremely) skeptical.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:28 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,354,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
According to their legends, we are told, they claim that the gate is symbolic of some gate in the sky, some place in the region of the constellation of Taurus and the Pleiades, where the "gods" entered into our neck of the universe.
Interesting that you mentioned the Pleiades. Check out the 5:30 to 9:00 min mark of this video.

Ancient Aliens S03E01 - Aliens & Old West (PART 2/3) - YouTube

Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As long as there's a living, breathing human being who actually uses the phrase "ancient astronauts," Erich von Daniken will never truly die.
I reaqd some of his writing 40 years ago. There are some pieces in this puzzle that have never been "explained away," so my mind is still open, waiting for a verifiable explanation.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:51 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,543,062 times
Entertainment for the gullible. Enhanced for to increase ratings which in turn brings in $$$. Sensationalism sells, it's a business.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,922 times
Predictable^. Same ole rubber stamp to anything that does not highlight evolution and it's supposed 'epitomized' prize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal