Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 AM

349 posts, read 616,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I am psychic, and from the first time I saw the house I felt a strong impression that it had been once the home of a stern religious man, his equally formidable wife, and 5 or 6 children. I also flet a spirit of an older woman and a dog and cat.

I felt nothing negative of foreboding, not even in the finished attic or the finished basement, both of which appeared to have been finished in the mid 50s. The bathrooms appear to be original, nd are art deco in style, fully covered in ceramic tile.

I have since learned that it was once the Parsonage of the Presbyterian Church. So there's the devout, stern man. It was built in the late 1920s and replaced the first Presbyterian Parsonage, a cold and drafty Victorian that burned in a fire. This was built as a "modern home" with two bathrooms, a nice size yard for an in town home, a front staircase for the family and a rear stair case for the help. Judging from the size of the maid's room thee was only one.

Any one get any feelings from these orbs? Other photos taken in the attic show no orbs. It is not believable to me in the least that dust particles would cluster only in one area of the attic of a 2500 square foot home. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Greetings from Pittsburgh!

That's rather interesting. Knowing a little about the history of your area, I wouldn't be in the least bit shocked if the house came with a few tenants of its own.

The feeling I get from the first photo you posted was that they're feeling you out. I wonder why they're all clustered in that particular area though- have you tried re-photographing this area during various times of the day? Or from other angles? If they all showed up in the same clustered areas, I'd maybe consider doing a little diggin' there. See what that's all about.

Curious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
Greetings from Pittsburgh!

That's rather interesting. Knowing a little about the history of your area, I wouldn't be in the least bit shocked if the house came with a few tenants of its own.

The feeling I get from the first photo you posted was that they're feeling you out. I wonder why they're all clustered in that particular area though- have you tried re-photographing this area during various times of the day? Or from other angles? If they all showed up in the same clustered areas, I'd maybe consider doing a little diggin' there. See what that's all about.

Curious!
I agree. Although, I've read with enough orbs of energy an apparition can form. Some investigators say a cluster of orbs is a sign of moisture in the air. I quess it depends on what you read.

Last edited by virgode; 03-23-2012 at 10:08 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 PM

311 posts, read 467,430 times
Orbs or dust...I think orbs..to make a long story short..My son graduated from Firefighter academy. I gave him my dads Firefighter badge( my dad died several years ago). I took a picture of my son during graduation. When I downloaded them. There was a large orb on his left pocket. He saw the pic. and said WELLL..... that is where I had grandpa's badge, in my left pocket over my heart!

Old 04-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower54 View Post
Orbs or dust...I think orbs..to make a long story short..My son graduated from Firefighter academy. I gave him my dads Firefighter badge( my dad died several years ago). I took a picture of my son during graduation. When I downloaded them. There was a large orb on his left pocket. He saw the pic. and said WELLL..... that is where I had grandpa's badge, in my left pocket over my heart!
Thanks for posting this.

I never bought all the skepticism and dust particles theory.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 AM

569 posts, read 671,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Took me a little while but here you go. The young man surrounded by orbs in the finished attic is my 18 year old son. He wants this as his bedroom.
I lived in an apartment a years ago and it was right next door to a hospice (the hospice was right outside my bedroom). I had a dresser in the corner and my cats would sit on the dresser and stare endlessly at the corner. Nothing was there so I started taking pictures. TONS of orbs. I would take several pictures in a row and some would move, some would have disappeared, etc. We no longer have the pictures unfortunately (on old laptop that died and we couldn't retrieve them).

Right after the hospice moved the cats weren't interested in sitting on my dresser and staring and we never got orb pictures again. I do think they can be spirits but they can also just be dust. We had some strange things happen in that apartment so I think at least some of ours were spirits. Now I live next to a cemetery we occasionally have stuff happen.

Cool photo by the way!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Orbs are hard to tell from dust in the air. You took the picture in the attic where a ton of dust usually exists. I'm not writing those as dust and debunking it as that, nor am I saying your house is a vortex, but I'm tossing that out there for you to read.

The best way to tell orbs from dust is it's shape. If all of the shapes are the same shape, you can write it off as dust most likely, but if they're all oblong and different shapes, you may have something in the picture.

You can never tell if spirits are benevolent or malevolent, unless they begin attacking you. Most spirits don't even know that they are dead and may just move objects because that's what they may want to put your lamp.

Some spirits are out to scare you or maybe even cause harm. Orbs can leap into your body to make you experience intense emotions that a spirit may have felt at death, or feel nauseated.

The best thing you can do when coming in contact with a spirit, do not show fear and let them know that you are in control. Tell them to leave you alone and most of the time they will go away.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
The best thing you can do when coming in contact with a spirit, do not show fear and let them know that you are in control. Tell them to leave you alone and most of the time they will go away.
I agree about the fear business you just mentioned.

But... being in control? Control of what exactly?

We dont know diddly about diddly and certainly dont know anything about spirits, orbs, or any other dimensions out there. Science would probably totally deny the existence of any of it so the scientists are hardly likely to investigate something in which they dont believe.

Any 'spirit' which happens to be able to appear as an orb (whatever shape) can probably also appear as anything else it wants to.

I wonder what orbs mean to the OP - I mean are they perceived as 'good' or 'evil' or dust, or just passing through, because a lot of how we interpret the presence of orbs is determined by our attitudes. If we think they are often 'evil', then that makes the house more 'evil' due to the many orbs or if we think they are 'good' spirits, then that makes the house a "special place" due to there being so many orbs there. See?

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 AM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Not good or evil. Without a doubt not dust.

Some orbs may be negative, others positive. Like people.

I think that skeptics really go out on a limb when they call all orbs "dust" - talk about being unrealistic.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
I have a photo of my g-grandfather, sitting next to his father's grave. Right over him is a large orb, and a reversed image of g-grandfatherstaring down at him!

Its a speck of dust, and a double-exposure. We have a new generation of camera users who don't understand how film works, along with too many episodes of Ghost Busters

Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I have a photo of my g-grandfather, sitting next to his father's grave. Right over him is a large orb, and a reversed image of g-grandfatherstaring down at him!

Its a speck of dust, and a double-exposure. We have a new generation of camera users who don't understand how film works, along with too many episodes of Ghost Busters
Odd, but I'd assume this was a double exposure. I've seen other orb photos that weren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal