Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2013, 05:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
Do you know for a fact she wasn't asked? Most were from what I saw on TV and refused. Those tested were proved to be frauds.

If she was legitimate, she would request being tested to prove she's the real deal and you don't know if she refused or not. And you don't know how many times she flubbed as they never show that on TV. And all of them FAIL just like those tested. They converse with the dead they claim... and yet those people were still alive.
The onus is on you to prove your own assertions ... for the third or fourth time!

Again, you are talking about one TV show that debunked mediums you saw that you cannot even post the complete name of, the producer's name, a link about it, etc. ... yet we are supposed to believe it all as GOSPEL just because you do.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Your examples of fake psychics are also anecdotal.

What the psychic told me was true. PERIOD. I have talked to him several times and he has told me many many things that were true. For anyone who isn't determined to be stubborn, having a solid track record of telling a customer things that are true would be considered proof of legitimacy.

Don't give a rat's ass what you think anyway, particularly since you are so rude in how you communicate.
I agree!

Old 11-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Default Tested Psychic Mediums

Well I looked up an old list I had used in the past:

Tested Psychic Medium List By Psychic Medium Researcher Bob Olson

I had a session with Danielle MacKinnon from this list a couple of years ago. I was very satisfied.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:06 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
Not all that many people on that list, that kind of surprises me. I am sure there are a lot of psychics that don't feel the need to be tested or don't know about it.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Not all that many people on that list, that kind of surprises me. I am sure there are a lot of psychics that don't feel the need to be tested or don't know about it.
Yes that is probably the case. I used someone off the list because I didn't have any personal recommendations to go by. I also liked the list because the reviews were very thorough. I would like to give The LI Medium a try (and share the results here) but I hear the wait list is years long ...

Old 11-24-2013, 05:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Ha, just saw LI Medium on Entertainment Tonight where she blowsthe pregnant
Interviewer away. It reminded me...
5 of us had a group with a medium that lived upstairs from our chiro's office.
He goes knee to knee with a massage therapist, holds her hands, asks permission to
contact her spirit guides.
He says (briefly) Marvin wants u to know he is ok.

Well, we all know Marvin is not a common name....turns out Marvin came to the bar only when she bartended and he was kinda a bum....he died and she was his friend giving free drinks and listening to him.

Pretty cool.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
I've just recently watched, for the first time, a few episodes of this show.

Caputo is an outspoken and engaging person, fun to watch. That makes good reality tv.

I believe in psychic abilities; in fact I'm convinced we all have them to some degree. Caputo strikes me as a highly intuitive person with slightly more-than-average psychic ability but that's about it. She's a good communicator and listener and a good cold reader.

I've seen nothing so far that remotely suggests she's a medium, ie. that she communicates with the spirits of deceased persons. Her communication and cold-reading skills coupled with an occasional flash of genuine insight or intuition enable her to pull information from the person she's reading. That's run of the mill stuff. Without her charisma and drive, she'd have no shot at fame or a tv show.

The random encounter readings are already getting old, they're so obviously heavily scripted and edited.
Not saying they're fake, just that we viewers never see what really goes down in those. There are highly intuitive people in every town in the country who can look around and find people who are actively grieving the loss of loved ones. I can do that, in fact. Sure, I would sometimes be wrong but Caputo is too; we don't see her misses.
I don't approach these people because it's an invasion of privacy and I don't have a tv production crew all ready with documents to establish I'm not a wacko and to convince the grieving people to re-enact the encounter. For that matter, we viewers also don't get to see the people who say, "sorry, no, I'm a private person, don't want to hang my grief out on cable tv".

Several people have said in this thread that Caputo does those random encounter readings for no pay. Say WHAT, people??!! You do know she gets PAID for doing this tv show, right? I'll guarantee these tv street readings net her way more than her usual 150/hr fee.
I'm not knocking that she gets paid for entertaining us, I'm questioning the common sense of those who seem to think Caputo does these gratis.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I've just recently watched, for the first time, a few episodes of this show.

Caputo is an outspoken and engaging person, fun to watch. That makes good reality tv.

I believe in psychic abilities; in fact I'm convinced we all have them to some degree. Caputo strikes me as a highly intuitive person with slightly more-than-average psychic ability but that's about it. She's a good communicator and listener and a good cold reader.

I've seen nothing so far that remotely suggests she's a medium, ie. that she communicates with the spirits of deceased persons. Her communication and cold-reading skills coupled with an occasional flash of genuine insight or intuition enable her to pull information from the person she's reading. That's run of the mill stuff. Without her charisma and drive, she'd have no shot at fame or a tv show.

The random encounter readings are already getting old, they're so obviously heavily scripted and edited.
Not saying they're fake, just that we viewers never see what really goes down in those. There are highly intuitive people in every town in the country who can look around and find people who are actively grieving the loss of loved ones. I can do that, in fact. Sure, I would sometimes be wrong but Caputo is too; we don't see her misses.
I don't approach these people because it's an invasion of privacy and I don't have a tv production crew all ready with documents to establish I'm not a wacko and to convince the grieving people to re-enact the encounter. For that matter, we viewers also don't get to see the people who say, "sorry, no, I'm a private person, don't want to hang my grief out on cable tv".

Several people have said in this thread that Caputo does those random encounter readings for no pay. Say WHAT, people??!! You do know she gets PAID for doing this tv show, right? I'll guarantee these tv street readings net her way more than her usual 150/hr fee.
I'm not knocking that she gets paid for entertaining us, I'm questioning the common sense of those who seem to think Caputo does these gratis.
Questions about cold reading:

How does she cold read when she comes up with:

The actual name of a deceased loved one?

An actual object or belonging of a deceased loved one she discusses with the person she is giving the reading for?

A favorite place of a deceased loved one she discusses with the person she is giving the reading for?

How can you pick up information like this, which the person you are sitting across from has not said anything about at all, by cold reading? Especially when you have that person in a non-home environment where there are no environmental clues like out in public, the medium's home or in a restaurant or hall where the medium is giving gallery readings?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:40 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
How can you pick up information like this, which the person you are sitting across from has not said anything about at all, by cold reading? Especially when you have that person in a non-home environment where there are no environmental clues like out in public, the medium's home or in a restaurant or hall where the medium is giving gallery readings?
What we see on her show is always edited and often scripted. How do you know there are no clues? It's a TV show. We've no idea what all really happened in any given scene. TV viewers saw Criss Angel levitate and David Copperfield make a 747 vanish. Do you think those events really happened?

That said, I stated I believe Caputo has moments of genuine intuition/insight into the persons - the live persons - with whom she's talking. That ability to make a quick, brief psychic connection with someone is far from rare, I have it myself. As do many, many people who chalk it up to coincidence or call it weird and move on. I just happen to be more aware of these flashes that most people but I don't have Caputo's communicative or cold-reading skills so usually just let the moments pass. It's no big deal, really.

More importantly, I've seen no evidence whatsoever that Caputo perceives such random, occasional information via deceased spirits rather than the living persons with whom she converses. Since she's marketed as a "medium", that's significant. Where's the evidence, really, that she's a medium and not a run-of-the-mill psychic intuitive with better-than-average cold-reading skill?

Or maybe just average cold reading skill.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 11-30-2013 at 10:56 PM..

Old 12-01-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
What we see on her show is always edited and often scripted. How do you know there are no clues? It's a TV show. We've no idea what all really happened in any given scene. TV viewers saw Criss Angel levitate and David Copperfield make a 747 vanish. Do you think those events really happened?

That said, I stated I believe Caputo has moments of genuine intuition/insight into the persons - the live persons - with whom she's talking. That ability to make a quick, brief psychic connection with someone is far from rare, I have it myself. As do many, many people who chalk it up to coincidence or call it weird and move on. I just happen to be more aware of these flashes that most people but I don't have Caputo's communicative or cold-reading skills so usually just let the moments pass. It's no big deal, really.

More importantly, I've seen no evidence whatsoever that Caputo perceives such random, occasional information via deceased spirits rather than the living persons with whom she converses. Since she's marketed as a "medium", that's significant. Where's the evidence, really, that she's a medium and not a run-of-the-mill psychic intuitive with better-than-average cold-reading skill?

Or maybe just average cold reading skill.
So what you are saying is the show is all as phony as a magician's show.

But remember how she got a show in the first place: many satisfied customers of her services as a medium. WITHOUT TV producers, etc., doing the heavy lifting.

The part I bolded ... so when you have those flashes, do you get personal information about people and their dead loved ones that you cannot possibly know any other way?

Would you have a reading with her and test her out yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal