Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:47 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

Met an unusual guy with an odd store called "Obscurities" in my city today.

He tells me that this area is more haunted than others and that he can bind and loose people without karmic effects using the three fold law.

He also believes that my husband's sister is draining his energy because she disagrees with his political views.

The thing is, she does disagree with his political views. We never said that. O even that he has a sister. He came out with it while we were looking around the store.

She is a fanatical right wing Pentecostal who hates Halloween.

She acts sweet all of the time and modulates her voice so it sounds almost falsetto.

Although she sounds so saccharine sweet when I look at her I see a dragon with long fangs. Not literally but in my mind. She is very manipulative and nasty in a sweet way.

He was so on target and this came so out of know where that I am shocked!

Yes he offered to bind her, and no, he did not want money.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 07:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Regardless of how nauseating I find some people, I would never ask a third party to do anything to them.

I don't know what binding means.

Still, my world is full of people like your SIL. But I just develop thick skin and tell myself life is too short to allow their world view's to upset me to that point. I know. Words of wisdom, but very hard for me to live by.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Regardless of how nauseating I find some people, I would never ask a third party to do anything to them.

I don't know what binding means.

Still, my world is full of people like your SIL. But I just develop thick skin and tell myself life is too short to allow their world view's to upset me to that point. I know. Words of wisdom, but very hard for me to live by.
Full of them??? That must be awful Redbird! Please yell more!

There is a verse in the Bible "Whatever is bound for you on Earth will be bound in Heaven, whatever is loosed on Earth will be loosed in Heaven."

Archaic language, I know. Essentially, meaning that people who will ill upon you you, wish you to feel stressed and scattered, unable to effect change; have "bound" you.

To be "loosed" would be to free ones self from a "bound condition".

This Wizard also asked if the SIL had been involved with a powerful religious figure for a while.
I couldn't figure it out but my husband did.

She attended Oral Roberts University where she was close to Roberts inner circle. I never knew how close until today. She also explored the White Supremacist Christian Identity group.

The Wizard met Rev. Roberts while he was on a crusade here in PA. The Wizard felt something evil around Roberts.

I'm not sure what to think but I know this much - I'm not a fan of Rev.Roberts and so much of what this humble but idiosyncratic wizard said is true.

His shop is cool too. Interesting brooms and cloaks...among other things.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Full of them??? That must be awful Redbird! Please yell more!

I love the fact that being different makes me a target. It feels good to be a non-conformist and to be happy. I also notice some people at work engage in a herd mentality. But if it's one on one, they are cool. But when others are around, they are afraid to be seen fraternizing with the enemy.

I have found silence really bothers them. I can do the NDN version of the inscrutable asian. The stoic NDN. I just don't understand the way some people find a way to hate. It's weird.

I understand binding now. Thanks for clarifying. I still would not need someone else to unbind me. That is easy enough on my own. Being centered. Being serene is also good. It seems to baffle them.

As for unbinding, an almost similar version from our world is I am blessed with having a relative who is what outsiders call a "medicine man." He always "fans me off". It is a blessing to have someone in my family who is still following the traditional ways of our people.

Last edited by _redbird_; 06-16-2012 at 09:32 PM..

Old 06-17-2012, 03:40 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Quote:
Thoughts about his ability? Or about him offering to "bind" your SIL?

It sounds as though he does have some psychic ability, but I really don't like the idea of doing things to others against their will (and/or without their knowledge). He may claim there's no karmic retribution, but that would still concern me.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Thoughts about his ability? Or about him offering to "bind" your SIL?

It sounds as though he does have some psychic ability, but I really don't like the idea of doing things to others against their will (and/or without their knowledge). He may claim there's no karmic retribution, but that would still concern me.
Really any kind of thoughts! We were just taking a walk and had always wanted to look into this particular shop. It is closed a lot.

That day it was open. It was loaded with really interesting books, new and used which held us for a long time.

I'm not sure what to think. He is very knowledgeable about the area - the Susquehanna River, which he calls the "Hungry Susqie" due to the amount of suicides and strange deaths associated with it. And there really are.

He told us about "water babies" that live in the river, and gnomes who live in the woods.

So honestly any feedback from you, Dark; or anyone on this delightful forum would be welcomed.

There is nothing about my DH that would in anyway say "raised fundamentalist, have a crazy family, Scotch Irish and Swedish background, don't like my sister and stay away from my family."

So a "rep for your thoughts?"

Meeting him was interesting. The shop was not even a standard new age shop.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:35 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
How long did you talk to him before he made the comment about your hubby's sister draining his energy?

I'm not open to the possibility he could be the real McCoy, but sometimes they can infer things from other things you say.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Met an unusual guy with an odd store called "Obscurities" in my city today.

He tells me that this area is more haunted than others and that he can bind and loose people without karmic effects using the three fold law.

He also believes that my husband's sister is draining his energy because she disagrees with his political views.

The thing is, she does disagree with his political views. We never said that. O even that he has a sister. He came out with it while we were looking around the store.

She is a fanatical right wing Pentecostal who hates Halloween.

She acts sweet all of the time and modulates her voice so it sounds almost falsetto.

Although she sounds so saccharine sweet when I look at her I see a dragon with long fangs. Not literally but in my mind. She is very manipulative and nasty in a sweet way.

He was so on target and this came so out of know where that I am shocked!

Yes he offered to bind her, and no, he did not want money.

No, don't do it.

Sheena, These folks (in-laws)are toxic. Keep the conversation to niceties, nothing controversial, maybe they'll stop calling.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
If he sees that she is worthy of binding, why would he ask you for a green light? Why not just do it.
Seems rather odd to me.

How is she effecting your husband? Is he bothered by her at all?

If it was me, I'd tell SIL to take a hike.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
I think you need to fight your own battles - although they dont have to be battles and there are probably ways to produce a win-win outcome.

How do you know what he says about kharma is correct? If you have any doubts (and you obviously do since you asked the forum), then you probably should not do whatever you are having doubts about. Although, if you have no doubts it can still affect your spiritual energy bank balance as everything does.

However genuine a psychic he is, it does not make what he says correct and what you feel inside not-so-correct (if you see what I am saying?) Follow your own code of conduct and be responsible for your actions otherwise there is not much of a defense when the time comes for actions to be accounted for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal