Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 AM

659 posts, read 1,014,501 times

Advertisements

My husband and I had an experience a few years back. I was downstairs and he was upstairs and I was packing my hospital bag because my baby was due in a few days. I saw this shadow behind me, I thoughtit was my husband so I was talking away and thinking to myself how nice of him to help me pack. Finally I relized he was not talking bck so I went into the bathroom and the closet and nobody there. I felt a chill but then ignored it.

I went upstairs and my husband said .. oh there you are. He said he thought he saw me come down the hall earlier, a shadow and started talking to me. When he turned around he saw I wasn't there. I then explained to him what happened to me as well and we were both freaked out.

Would that be considered a shadow person? He both felt a presence and talked to it, it seemed to have happened at the same time. Never had anything like that happen before or since. I can't believe it was just a coincidence we saw the same thing at the same time and felt like we were talking to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 11:01 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
My husband and I had an experience a few years back. I was downstairs and he was upstairs and I was packing my hospital bag because my baby was due in a few days. I saw this shadow behind me, I thoughtit was my husband so I was talking away and thinking to myself how nice of him to help me pack. Finally I relized he was not talking bck so I went into the bathroom and the closet and nobody there. I felt a chill but then ignored it.

I went upstairs and my husband said .. oh there you are. He said he thought he saw me come down the hall earlier, a shadow and started talking to me. When he turned around he saw I wasn't there. I then explained to him what happened to me as well and we were both freaked out.

Would that be considered a shadow person? He both felt a presence and talked to it, it seemed to have happened at the same time. Never had anything like that happen before or since. I can't believe it was just a coincidence we saw the same thing at the same time and felt like we were talking to each other.
In theory, if aether exists, it would potentially allow someone to exist outside of the physical realm and instead in the "4th dimension". This would explain a great deal of anamolies that occur in the world, but in your case, he was probably just seeing things.

If you think about it, if we in fact did have those capabilities, why would they utilize them inside your house?

I suppose another possibility could be that they are spirits that exist outside of our dimension, and if that's the case, there are some sources that say we are on the verge or have a mechanism that makes this at least a probability, which if you subscribe to religion or spirtuality, we could theoretically unlock the next dimension and unleash said spirits on our domain.

Like I said though, your mind sometimes plays tricks on you.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post

If you think about it, if we in fact did have those capabilities, why would they utilize them inside your house?

I suppose it could be possible that the two of them are so intertwined and connected, the way some couples are able to communicate w/out speaking, or know what the other is thinking...

Our spirits and intentions are not necessarily confined to our physical bodies.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I suppose it could be possible that the two of them are so intertwined and connected, the way some couples are able to communicate w/out speaking, or know what the other is thinking...

Our spirits and intentions are not necessarily confined to our physical bodies.
I was talking more on the lines if an agent was operating in some sort of "shadow state" so to speak.

But, you could be right.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I was talking more on the lines if an agent was operating in some sort of "shadow state" so to speak.

But, you could be right.
Oh I understand, and you are definitely onto something there!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Oh I understand, and you are definitely onto something there!
For any of this to be possible though, the current EM model would have to be significantly flawed.

However, Maxwell's EM model, post Heaviside's simplifications is being taught in Universities around the world, so more than likely what I refered does not exist and is not possible.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic though.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
They could be ghosts. They are on a plane that is 4 ft higher than ours. If you bring your foot up that high that's their dimension. These are usually ghost that did not go into the light yet or are confused. Although dark spirits (tricksters) you can't see. They jump from person to person usually making the person act out of charactor.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic though.

No, not this time lol

Old 08-29-2012, 02:31 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Something to keep in mind about "shadow people" is the human brain's tendency to "make up" ambiguous information received from our peripheral vision. Our brains are hard-wired to recognize human facial patterns and the shape of the human figure above all for natural reasons and will often invent and introduce them in your mind automatically.

You see, all our perceptions are a model created by the brain from various sensory stimuli mixed and judged by prior experience as a very similiar but still not 100% accurate "virtual reality" that we interpret as the actual reality. Living is literally like watching a TV program being filmed off of another TV without ever realizing we aren't watching the original TV.
Therefore, it is no surprise that "shadow people" are almost always described as being fleeting figures spotted out of the "corner of the eye". It's easy to fool our brains because of how we receive/interpret information.

The vast majority of "shadow people" are simply a fluke of human biology. It's when the shadow stays around in your direct sight and/or react to you directly that you have to worry!

Last edited by Chango; 08-29-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
No, not this time lol
I made that up, so it should have been. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal