Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 PM

555 posts, read 1,259,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chaser View Post
Watched the show a couple of times, all the participants left alot to be desired, as for a "psychic", fooled me if there really was one a opposed to "said tbe one". I have stopped watching it and don't speak highly of it should anyone ask my opinion of it.

I have to agree with you. Those NY accents grate on my nerves after the first few minutes and I flip the channel.

I've seen her giving readings to children, I just hope that if she's a fraud, she's not talking crap to the little children I've seen on her show. Although she is saying nothing bad per se, but still, she shouldn't be trying to dupe little kids into thinking she is "talking" to their deceased loved one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 AM

170 posts, read 193,971 times
yes amy is dramatic, but i also believe she is a psychic medium. she seems to validate a lot of what steve discovers in his research. sorry to hear she has cancer and i did not hear about ryan. was wondering why paranormal state wasn't on any more.

i don't feel ghost adventures is fake but call me crazy. those guys have been physically attacked a lot, go to their web pages and hear their stories. makes me wonder if amy and ryan's cancer is due to hunting ghosts, as some sort of attack on them?

yes, i do believe that theresa of long island medium is the real deal, but that's just me.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen1 View Post
yes amy is dramatic, but i also believe she is a psychic medium. she seems to validate a lot of what steve discovers in his research. sorry to hear she has cancer and i did not hear about ryan. was wondering why paranormal state wasn't on any more.

i don't feel ghost adventures is fake but call me crazy. those guys have been physically attacked a lot, go to their web pages and hear their stories. makes me wonder if amy and ryan's cancer is due to hunting ghosts, as some sort of attack on them?

yes, i do believe that theresa of long island medium is the real deal, but that's just me.

I want to believe the Long Island Medium is the real deal too, but there's always that little voice inside that tells me there is no such thing.

But then I ask myself, "if she's fake, where does she get all that pertinent info about a person from?"

I guess we'll just never know

Old 10-11-2013, 05:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen1 View Post

I googled around a bit and looks like she had thyroid cancer in 2007 and is fine now....

Old 10-11-2013, 08:27 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
LI Medium-I think she is real.
Kim Russo- ''The Haunting Of''- real.
Amy of DF - real.

I love the guys on GA! I'd love to join them on one of their outings. I love the way they interview folks and get the history, etc. It is the best of all.

''Ghost Hunters'' is like watching paint dry. These anal retentive snobs need to hang it up. Dullsville x 10.

BTW, I want to know who the guy is on DF who clears out the photos in the house and ''photos'' Amy on her walk through. Poor guy's name isn't even mentioned! What a ''rip off gig''!

Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 AM

143 posts, read 220,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
BTW, I want to know who the guy is on DF who clears out the photos in the house and ''photos'' Amy on her walk through. Poor guy's name isn't even mentioned! What a ''rip off gig''!
His name is Matt Anderson and he is Amy's husband.

Some people think his job only is to follow her around with a camera but he also asks directed questions to make sure Amy is communicating what she sees. I suppose it is easier for her to communicate with someone who is personally close to her while she is in, what I call, a semi-trance state.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:29 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzytx View Post
His name is Matt Anderson and he is Amy's husband.

Some people think his job only is to follow her around with a camera but he also asks directed questions to make sure Amy is communicating what she sees. I suppose it is easier for her to communicate with someone who is personally close to her while she is in, what I call, a semi-trance state.
I saw an interview of Amy on Youtube and she said they recently got divorced. She said something to the effect of: they work well together but don't get along when married. Not sure what the date of the interview was.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Great info! I always wondered who the guy on DF was who cleared the house out before Amy's arrival too!

Thanks!

Old 08-09-2016, 03:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
I like this show, but I have some criticisms too.

I think if Amy is not a medium, she's the best actress on tv today. That said, she's not a witch, and some of the advice she gives people smacks of bs. I think she's out of her depth when it comes to some of the stuff she says. She also doesn't seem to care about any of the dead people. Hanz Holzer and crew always tried to help these lost souls move on. Maybe that's just not her bag.

I think one of the things I liked about the first episode I watched was the difference between this show and the other ghost hunter shows. They freak out if they hear some tiny sound. The first time I saw Amy, she said " He's trying to appear like death, but it's just a dead guy" in a nonchalant way.

Lately she's been talking a lot about aliens, and that is off-putting. Aliens are different than dead people. It's a whole other area of paranormal research.

Other fans here, what are your thoughts?

Old 08-09-2016, 04:15 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Amy Allans come up in previous threads; mentored by and tested for psychic abilities by the late renowned para psychologist, Dr William Roll. If anyones the real deal, its her.

There are web articles dismissing any mentoring by Dr Roll, from what I understand, thats false.
Some info provided by a poster who imo 100% credible, their post is in CD archives.

Last edited by virgode; 08-09-2016 at 04:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal