Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
It's not to "better your soul" it's to learn lessons.

There are a zillion questions like this. Why do babies die? Why is there child and animal abuse etc etc.

Presume you're going to have to come back over and over and over and over until you get it right.

Then start paying attention.
This theory makes no sense. Please give some examples.

I will give you one example:

Child abuse. A child is abused. The child suffers. The child might realize the parent was carrying on a pattern from their own childhood. So what? The child still suffered. What was so important to learn in this scenario (assuming the abuse went on for years and resulted in loss of self-esteem, psychic wounds, loss of trust . . .) What is being learned that is benefiting the soul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
This is the point I take issue with - If we are pure essence who come to Earth to experience stuff and then we return to pure essence - why would we need any negativity to teach us anything? I know I am better off without negativity. It damages me - it's not helpful. There is nothing useful about it. It causes people to shut down, to distrust, etc. - being abused and ridiculed does not make you a "better" person.
This ^^^^

I agree with your premise, IMC.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Metaphysically? As in why is life hard and miserable...some cosmic, New Agey, paranormal reason?
That has no scientific proof?

OK, we create with our thoughts and our words.
If I focus on how I don't have a baby or that job.....it will never happen.
When I relax and am care free and focus on "It's going to happen and I'm painting
my office or baby's room this color..." The door opens for things to happen.

It's Law of Attraction..that is how everything happens or manifests for me...even the 'impossible'.
bec I know nothing is impossible....like was I surprised when I was given the $100,000
to pay off my mortgage? No. I expect things like that to happen for me and they do.

While a friend focuses on her lack of a relationship....and I watch how she never gets one...for years now and she's hot.
Will she accept my offer to loan her a book on Law of Attraction by Abraham-Hicks...No.

So, I be-bop along being happy...while I see so many others that haven't figured out the Secret to a Happy Life, yet.

It didn't just happen...I worked at it by being open and more and more books and CDs were given to me that changed my whole
life. You are on the right path....first you recognize you're miserable!!

Oh, plus I know who I am...the child of the most Awesome FATHER! That loves and adores me and wants me to be happy because
He and I are also having the same experience....and He loves being happy and in love.

Sound corny....you bethcha...it's the corniest thing I ever heard....My Father and I are separate and yet One.
Go figure....as my Jewish friends love to say...

Old 11-18-2013, 04:03 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,449,471 times
Quote:
This is the point I take issue with - If we are pure essence who come to Earth to experience stuff and then we return to pure essence - why would we need any negativity to teach us anything? I know I am better off without negativity. It damages me - it's not helpful. There is nothing useful about it. It causes people to shut down, to distrust, etc. - being abused and ridiculed does not make you a "better" person.
You have a lot of assumptions going on here.

However if one believes that the purpose of reincarnation is to evolve spiritually to the point of never reincarnating again then it would make more sense to you. I don't believe that people who live a very evil life on planet earth return to pure essence once they pass.

I believe your spirit understands what lessons it needs once you pass and this in turn drives what situation or family you choose when reincarnating back to planet earth.

I came into a very horrible family as well. But I am thankful for those experiences on a spiritual level because it catapulted me eons ahead spiritually than I would have if not coming into the situation that I did. People who shut down by bad life experiences are not evolving personally or spiritually. These people will come back over and over and over until they learn to cultivate personal and spiritual growth.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Thank you. No one should have to be tortured like that. If anything it makes me question how a spiritual leader who is supposed to be good could allow people like that to reproduce? I guess biology makes better sense to me as far as our parents being just the luck of the draw.
What spiritual leader are you referring to?

I don't know of any spiritual leader on this planet that stops bad people from reproducing.

What I can't believe is that people actually believe that there is an all-powerful, all-good and all-knowing god when so much evil exits on this planet. Or that they believe this when the world is full of so many bad and evil humans. Makes no sense to me at all.

Biology can explain the physical aspects of birth but it can't explain the soul or the spiritual aspects of it.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
You have a lot of assumptions going on here.

However if one believes that the purpose of reincarnation is to evolve spiritually to the point of never reincarnating again then it would make more sense to you. I don't believe that people who live a very evil life on planet earth return to pure essence once they pass.

I believe your spirit understands what lessons it needs once you pass and this in turn drives what situation or family you choose when reincarnating back to planet earth.

I came into a very horrible family as well. But I am thankful for those experiences on a spiritual level because it catapulted me eons ahead spiritually than I would have if not coming into the situation that I did. People who shut down by bad life experiences are not evolving personally or spiritually. These people will come back over and over and over until they learn to cultivate personal and spiritual growth.
I understand the theory of reincarnation, and in fact, "believe in it."

I was thinking of ego and Earth experiences, versus the theory that we are "all one," and pure essence. From a strictly reincarnation standpoint, I guess suffering can make sense if you have amoeba consciousness and do dumb things . . .

Old 11-18-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I was thinking of ego and Earth experiences, versus the theory that we are "all one," and pure essence. From a strictly reincarnation standpoint, I guess suffering can make sense if you have amoeba consciousness and do dumb things . . .
What

Do you believe in paying off Karma?

We come into the planet suffering, we suffer during are time here and we suffer leaving this planet. It is a part of the human condition. That is why the goal is to not reincarnate back to earth but to move onto a higher dimension.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
What

Do you believe in paying off Karma?

We come into the planet suffering, we suffer during are time here and we suffer leaving this planet. It is a part of the human condition. That is why the goal is to not reincarnate back to earth but to move onto a higher dimension.
It's a horribly sadistic and antiquated system. Where can I protest?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
It's a horribly sadistic and antiquated system. Where can I protest?
Just make sure this is your last rodeo on planet earth.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:16 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Huh. That's all it takes, is it?

::: I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire, I'm a millionaire............ :::

Hmmm....

In other news, I've been told that we enter this life to learn lessons, that we have made mistakes in our "past lives" that we must atone for, and the way that we do that is to choose our family, (as someone mentioned), and learn the lessons that we need in order to become better beings when all is said and done.

If that really were the case, then I must have been one hell of an a$$hole in my previous life.

I'm with "i'mcurious" on this one: Being abused, and treated like crap doesn't always make someone a better person, and it shouldn't be the only way for someone to "learn from their mistakes" just so they can eventually join up to be part of an energy, or, to use her words, "essence". What kind of sense does that make?
ROFL. I tried that too with 'Biblical Logic' when I was a youth. For almost a whole year in 3rd or 4th grade I would recite "I fear I'm gonna be a Billionaire, I fear I'm gonna be a Billionaire, I fear I'm gonna be a Billionaire, I fear I'm gonna be a Billionaire" as I approached the last long pathway up to elementary school because 'according to the Bible' "what you fear will come upon you".

Then when I was a teenager I tried this one, "I fear beautiful intelligent women, I fear beautiful intelligent women, I fear beautiful intelligent women" unfortunately, what I feared didn't come upon me that time either....

Now that I'm an adult and more emotionally mature, I'm more with the Bill Hicks viewpoint. Not that he was any prophet or great role model, but on this topic I think he summarized it fairly well in less than 2 minutes.

Bill Hicks: Life is just a Ride - YouTube

I do believe in the necessity of learning from our experiences (and others wisdom) while we're on this earth to enhance the situation whenever we can. My 2 centavos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal