Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2021, 06:44 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times

Advertisements

There is an "elevator game" which some people think she was playing. It is supposed to take you to another dimension and involves going into the elevator and going to different floors in a particular order. On one floor it is said a woman gets in and you should not look at her... I believe you end up at the top floor too. If she sees things, she might have seen entities which would not show up on camera.

I watched one of these mysteries decoded or some-such name like that recently and it featured this story. Might have been Paranormal Declassified, not sure, but it was quite a long section and the reporter did the elevator game and investigated the crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2021, 10:20 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Upcoming Netflix documentary on the Elisa Lam case (Feb. 10).

I don't know, this is probably one of the more overdone unexplained mystery cases ever. Dozens of articles and YouTube videos about this incident, are people willing to watch yet another take on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkoboFsY9_g
Awesome! I find the Elisa Lam story quite fascinating so I’ll be watching this. Hope they do a good job with it.

Old 02-01-2021, 09:06 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireking View Post
She was a mentally ill person who got into a water tank and drowned.

I believe she was mentally ill too. Too bad her parents/family couldn't stop her from traveling alone. Anyone know did she live alone OR still w/ them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
This is an old and resurrected thread. One odd feature of this mystery. Lam had an Instagram and in it she had taken photos from the tops of buildings. How would this have fitted into the mystery of her death or was it just coincidence?

I never heard about this, but if so, so be it. Well, if she likes taking photos of rooftops, that's all the more reason she'd be at the rooftop of the Cecil Hotel too. She was vacationing out of the country, so she knows nothing about its dark history, so this is an "adventure" for her & so she probably really wanted to take pics.

I don't question how she got on the roof. A broken-down hotel like the Cecil probably isn't hard to get up there. I question how she got in a LOCKED & VERY HEAVY-LIDDED water tank & when they found her, the tank lid was open.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 02-01-2021 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-01-2021, 07:29 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Just a thought.

Could it be that someone lives up there and didn't want to be found? Someone with a huge secret perhaps who murdered her when she arrived up near where they lived.

I mean, it wouldnt be difficult for someone who lived in an old attic or roofspace to go up and down in the main lift every day or maybe there is a service lift and go out a back entrance? Possibly looking in the hotel bins for food? Guests in hotels wear all kinds of clothes and the employees probably dont notice people coming and going much - particularly they move about in busy periods of the day?

Old 02-01-2021, 07:35 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
I saw the preview on Netflix for this. It looks really good if you're interested in the Cecil and Elisa Lam

Old 02-02-2021, 08:01 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I saw the preview on Netflix for this. It looks really good if you're interested in the Cecil and Elisa Lam
Available 10 Feb....

--

Old 02-02-2021, 08:59 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Weird. I actually just heard about this story for the first time the other day.

The "Elevator Footage" No One Can Explain - The Elisa Lam Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3KCp33ELk

(^This guy is a fantastic story teller btw, and all his videos are true stories and reports about unsolved mysteries, murders, or just plain weird phenomenon and unexplainable events, like aliens, ghosts, demons, creatures, etc... I'm hooked.)

The part where other hotel guests were later complaining about foul tasting/smelling water as her body was decomposing in the water tank had my stomach turning... Sad story, may she R.I.P.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:06 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
The part where other hotel guests were later complaining about foul tasting/smelling water as her body was decomposing in the water tank had my stomach turning... Sad story, may she R.I.P.
Yeah. Corpse infused water. Not so good....

--

Old 02-03-2021, 09:26 AM

2,648 posts, read 2,316,455 times
The Elisa Lam mystery was on the show Unexplained Mysteries the other night. They said she suffered from depression and bi polar disorder, and was off her meds. So, she could have been suffering from hallucinations and went into the tank willingly or somebody put her in there to cover their tracks.

I don't think we'll ever know. That hotel holds many secrets and doesn't exactly attract the most desirable clientele. It's not far from skid row.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:22 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
The Elisa Lam mystery was on the show Unexplained Mysteries the other night. They said she suffered from depression and bi polar disorder, and was off her meds. So, she could have been suffering from hallucinations and went into the tank willingly or somebody put her in there to cover their tracks.

I don't think we'll ever know. That hotel holds many secrets and doesn't exactly attract the most desirable clientele. It's not far from skid row.
There’s no question whatsoever that she had some serious psychological issues and had only been taking some of her meds. It could also be that she encountered another mentally ill person or someone on drugs, both of which were and are highly prevalent in the vicinity of the Cecil (Skid Row) and she ended up being thrown into the water tank. I’ve seen mentally ill/drugged homeless people fighting each other before and it’s pretty scary because you really don’t know what they’re capable of.

Then again IIRC no signs of trauma on the body and there’s the lingering issue of how the heck she got into the tank to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal