Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,746,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTommy View Post
I'm a native Floridian and an Anglo but both my best friend and my ex were Cuban/American. Both had some pretty wild experiences...her's in direct relation to Santaria and his in regards to other paranormal matters. I was sympathetic and listened to their issues though, in reality and my Anglo skepticism, I doubted their experiences.

When my daughter was born...stuff started happening around her and has all her life. She was raised by her skeptical, single, Anglo Mom so the cultural influence definitely wasn't the same as the two above. I've had more powerful, believable, concrete experiences since her birth than I've had in my entire life. There's definitely something to the theory that some people and maybe places too...attract some kind of activity.
When we lived in Elizabeth NJ our grand mothers constantly warned about going to that dark side, knowing that there was only one way out.. Death. That meant don't even talk to the mob, mafia.

Living in miami my grand aunts warned about Santeria the same way, we avoided it.

That being said, the area was very old and when it was newly developed the first GI couple didn't even have any Cuban families around them at all, sorry to say this but those families's kids would consider themselves Florida crackers with pride. My sister's SO lived in the area and is very proud of that.

So while that might be a factor for someone else, it wasn't for this house. I will say this much which I have not disclosed before..kinda of embrassed to say... I did experience a episode of Extreme rage towards my ex husband and HAD, I mean HAD NO CHOICE but to walk out of the house or do something really evil that I would have regretted for all my soul. During that episode I felt pushed to do what was unthinkable.

Second owner expressed the same thing, that was when he started to live in the shed, and that was when she listed the house. We both don't know what happened with first owner other then being very unhappy.

Again, no noises, no moving objects, no shadow folks... Just this really bad feeling living there and for at least two owners feelings of extreme uncalled for rages with both of us using our reasonable minds and doing something to not go there.

I would really hate a new owner Reno the place and go through the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:13 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
based on your story I a few reasons to believe this is a energy issue.

The feeling of oppression and or like something is draining or putting you in a bad mood can be a few things.
1. If there is an object in the house, maybe that was left there from the first couple and or when the house was built on top of it you might find that is where the problem is. If you know what this object is remove it from the house.
2. If this an actually ghost or energy that is living in the house I suspect it likes living their and doesn't like sharing the space and has nothing better to do but find ways to make things "off in the house" If its actually doing it on purpose or just living their it is making the house very negative in nature and isn't doing it on purpose to the people there.
So cleanse the house, or bless the house and remove all negative energies and see how things go.
Just because you own the house doesn't mean other things thing doors and windows actually keep them out your own energy is about the only thing that keeps things out.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:59 AM

455 posts, read 979,148 times
You mentioned a "moral" issue and then said that you would hate for the new owner to reno then run into all the negative stuff you did. Are you feeling the urge to "warn" any possible future owners? Keep in mind, you won't get as open a reception to your theories as you did here. The majority of people think anything along these lines is hogwash and they will just think you "crazy". (Keep in mind, if it is NOT all the issues discussed here, it could just be a strange series of coincidences.)

After 20 years of payments, it would be a shame to walk away and just let your equity go...small as it may be...even if it does go to reduce your Dad's obligation under bankruptcy. Florida does not require disclosure of "hauntings". If it does require extensive renovations, it will sell at a bargain price and the Florida R.E. market is appreciating rapidly...I just read we may be going into another "bubble". The new owners will be able to recoup their investment easily if they run into issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal