Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 08:38 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times

Advertisements

There is one sample, one tuft of hair sample, that is proven to be of neither of (1) ape or (2) human, but related to both. You are mistaken.
The debate is not over.

As for the last post entered here by fisheye ----on whether these beasts carry technology, well........One has been spotted with an Ipod and wearing earbuds recently by a backwoodsman in Arkansas. Evidently with a fondness for the music of Hank Williams because this could be heard very faintly.
Speculation is that the techie music box was acquired at a backwoods cabin by the monster. Question is how is it recharged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's not impossible for such a creature to exist. After all, if a Kodiac bear of roughly the same size can maintain a breeding population, so could Squatches.

The problem is that they don't exist.

There is simply no fossil record or bones of anything remotely similar in North America, the former Bering Strait land bridge, or far northeastern Siberia. We have large numbers of bear bones and fossils going back to ancestors of bears, we have the same for any number of large extinct mammals and dinosaurs in North America, we have plenty of human remains ...... but nothing like a large hominid creature such as seen on the Patterson film. No bodies or body parts despite trucks or cars having run into humans and every species of animal.

There have been many samples of supposed Squatch scat and hair found. Most of them were studied under a microscope and tested in other older lab techniques, and were classified to be mostly bear or other known species. There were only a few samples that couldn't be classified.

But now we have quick and easy genome sequencing, and the remaining unknown samples of definite purity, not mixed in with other stuff, have been fully studied. I've provided the links in previous threads. They have found mostly black bears, and a few other other species such as dogs, yaks, or humans.

The only DNA testing that showed some sort of unknown primate related to humans, by a Texas veterinarian if I remember correctly, was found to be a fraud.

The debate is over now, at least for scientists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 08:41 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,248,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
It's not impossible for such a creature to exist. After all, if a Kodiac bear of roughly the same size can maintain a breeding population, so could Squatches.

The problem is that they don't exist.

There is simply no fossil record or bones of anything remotely similar in North America, the former Bering Strait land bridge, or far northeastern Siberia. We have large numbers of bear bones and fossils going back to ancestors of bears, we have the same for any number of large extinct mammals and dinosaurs in North America, we have plenty of human remains ...... but nothing like a large hominid creature such as seen on the Patterson film. No bodies or body parts despite trucks or cars having run into humans and every species of animal.

There have been many samples of supposed Squatch scat and hair found. Most of them were studied under a microscope and tested in other older lab techniques, and were classified to be mostly bear or other known species. There were only a few samples that couldn't be classified.

But now we have quick and easy genome sequencing, and the remaining unknown samples of definite purity, not mixed in with other stuff, have been fully studied. I've provided the links in previous threads. They have found mostly black bears, and a few other other species such as dogs, yaks, or humans.

The only DNA testing that showed some sort of unknown primate related to humans, by a Texas veterinarian if I remember correctly, was found to be a fraud.

The debate is over now, at least for scientists.
i'm 6'7", and relatively hairier than most other guys. if i was to not shave for 6 months and roll around in dirt and walked around in the forest, i could see how someone could confuse me as bigfoot.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:45 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default Bigfoot in Texas?

A Bigfoot was spotted on the outskirts of San Antonio, Texas nearly one and one half years ago
by two homeless tent dwellers outside the northwest side of the city reported Kens channel 5 TV news cast.
Claimed it was carrying a road killed deer carcass. Claimed it was huge too.
Another man a short time later claimed to have captured this beast there, but this claim was yes, quickly proved to be fraudulent.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
There are a lot of fraudsters in this area. All trying to make a buck and the media jumps on them like dirt to print their lies without any verification and acts like they are some kind of expert.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:03 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Several people in agreement with me in these threads. Or that would be understand what i have been saying.

Check them out:

//www.city-data.com/forum/misso...ot-hunter.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/arkan...ot-hunter.html

Old 04-16-2015, 10:59 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
There are thousands of sightings, there are also thousands of pathological liars. Coincidence?

Old 04-16-2015, 11:27 AM

192 posts, read 375,881 times
I am an open minded person. I believe there are many things and forces that exist that are beyond our comprehension. HOWEVER, I believe that Bigfoot is complete rubbish.

There's no such thing out there. And if there is...show us solid evidence and proof.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
There are thousands of sightings, there are also thousands of pathological liars. Coincidence?
People make such a big deal out of something they are not accustomed to. Discovering a survivor of a past giant hominid wouldn't surprise me. Scientists find thousands of new species of animals on land and in the every year.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:23 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
[quote=ControlJohnsons;39246563Scientists find thousands of new species of animals on land and in the every year.[/QUOTE]

Scientists find many new species of insects every year. They find occasional new species of birds, amphibians, and reptiles. Discovery of a new mammal is rare. Discovery of new large mammals is extremely rare. See: For the First Time in 35 Years, A New Carnivorous Mammal Species is Discovered in the Americas | Science | Smithsonian

And all those new discoveries are in very isolated areas.

Bigfoot believers expect us to believe that there are thousands of large bipedals animals hiding out in North America, and they're so smart they don't leave behind hair, dead bodies, bones, etc. That doesn't happen. It's far more likely that Elvis is still alive.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Scientists find many new species of insects every year. They find occasional new species of birds, amphibians, and reptiles. Discovery of a new mammal is rare. Discovery of new large mammals is extremely rare. See: For the First Time in 35 Years, A New Carnivorous Mammal Species is Discovered in the Americas | Science | Smithsonian

And all those new discoveries are in very isolated areas.

Bigfoot believers expect us to believe that there are thousands of large bipedals animals hiding out in North America, and they're so smart they don't leave behind hair, dead bodies, bones, etc. That doesn't happen. It's far more likely that Elvis is still alive.
That's true, I have a theory it's just a man who left the circus because he was 6'8" and had wolf face syndrome, where the entire face is covered with hair. There are human anomalies throughout our history, and in the past, they simply were not as accepted in culture as they may be now. Who knows, some ex-circus freak may have decided to live off the land in the forests and occasionally got seen. These days, you can find loners living in the forests of Kentucky..

Imagine that freak without hygene, running water.. easy for someone to confuse him as a Bigfoot.

The fact is, people in the past were very discriminatory and unsympathetic of people who were different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal