Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 02:33 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,947,134 times

Advertisements

Even if footage surfaced showing Patterson, Gimlin, and Heironomous cooking up the deception then purchasing and modifying the suit and Bob Heironomous putting it on, True Believers would still believe.

For example, when subsequent photos showed that the face on Cydonia was just the product of a poor quality image and pareidolia, True Believers then accused NASA of doctoring the *new* photos so they don't look like a real face any more. When you're invested in a certain story about reality, inconvenient truths get filtered out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:49 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Even if footage surfaced showing Patterson, Gimlin, and Heironomous cooking up the deception then purchasing and modifying the suit and Bob Heironomous putting it on, True Believers would still believe.

For example, when subsequent photos showed that the face on Cydonia was just the product of a poor quality image and pareidolia, True Believers then accused NASA of doctoring the *new* photos so they don't look like a real face any more. When you're invested in a certain story about reality, inconvenient truths get filtered out.

I am not that way and there are several around here are the same. I started out to bust this as a hoax and have not been able to. There are thousands of people that have had sightings and did not think anything about a BF until they had there experience and quite a few wish they never had and want nothing to do with this stuff.

I disagree with your theory.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
There used to be a $50,00.00 offer on anyone that could make the same costume using the materials available back then. No one tried to collect the cash because they couldn't do it.

Undebunking Bigfoot: If Patty Was a Costume, Why Can't They Recreate It?

In the Patterson footage, the figure's muscles are flexing noticeably as the figure walks away. To simulate that, the BBC's costume designers in Hollywood had to create a costume that would show the same effect of flexing muscles.

Remote controlled soft-tissue prosthetics were not invented until well after 1967, so they could not have been used in an honest replica of a 1967 costume. The costume had to allow the actor's own muscles to flex the outermost surface of the costume.

Miss Squatcher's Bigfoot Adventures: Don't Think the Patterson-Gimlin Footage is Real? Here is Why You Are Wrong.

This is the best report

BILL MUNNS=Very well know hollywood costume maker.

home

Old 04-22-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
There used to be a $50,00.00 offer on anyone that could make the same costume using the materials available back then. No one tried to collect the cash because they couldn't do it.
At this point, you've got so many people making competing claims about the hoaxing of the film that we'll probably never know for sure the truth behind it. Patterson swore on his deathbed that it wasn't a hoax. That to me carries a lot of weight, as does Gimlin's continued claim that it wasn't a hoax. Patterson certainly had nothing to gain by lying on his deathbed. But what I see is a lot of fingerpointing in all directions, and for every analysis that claims to prove it's not a man in a suit, there are counter analyses claiming to prove it is a man in a suit. I will say, the thing in the video moves in a way that doesn't look like a man in a suit to me, but that's a gut feeling rather than an objective analysis. And I will admit, it's the best evidence for bigfoot ever recorded or documented, period. I've seen the BBC film, and its failure to be convincing is rather embarrassing for the hoax claimers, for sure.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:05 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,885,809 times
A mentally-challenged man wanders into the woods and goes "feral," becoming a wild-haired, smelly, unshaven beast of a man living off what he can scrounge-up and a legend is created - bigfoot.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:08 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Not mine. I agree with it though.

If folks out there have been in the woods as much as some with an open mind... they'd know something is out there. You just have too open your eyes and ears. My point is there are 1000s of sightings and I'm sure some folks are lying but not everyone is. The Indians were not all lying...the missionaries of yesterday, Teddy and the mountain men weren't all lying. They had no reason to and then of the 1000s of people that have seen them...there are 1000s more that have not reported what they have seen...are they lying too?

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization's Message Board:...
In many ways I'd like to think you were right. Sure is tantalizing, no?

Old 04-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Like Mulder, many of us would like to believe. But many are also like Scully: "Show me the proof, Mulder!"

Guess who's rewatching the X-Files.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:22 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,171,154 times
Quote:
........In the Patterson footage, the figure's muscles are flexing noticeably as the figure walks away. To simulate that, the BBC's costume designers in Hollywood had to create a costume that would show the same effect of flexing muscles.

Remote controlled soft-tissue prosthetics were not invented until well after 1967, so they could not have been used in an honest replica of a 1967 costume. The costume had to allow the actor's own muscles to flex the outermost surface of the costume.
This is just silly. Hieronomus was young and muscular then, and complained about how tightly the suit fit him. No need for remote controlled soft-tissue prosthetics!

To me the gait looks entirely human if slightly odd, in fact quite similar to the way I walk. I'm about the same height and proportions as the squatch ..... in fact I also have shoulders that are "abnormally" wide. But I don't have a glass eye to reflect the sun, so it wasn't me!

Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Basic fact about all large primates: They don't have hair on their breasts. That guy in the suit in the Patterson film did. It is a guy in a suit.

Aunt Bunny may be the exception that proves the rule.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Basic fact about all large primates: They don't have hair on their breasts. That guy in the suit in the Patterson film did. It is a guy in a suit.
Not sure that's true of all primates:
"There is no hair on a chimpanzee’s face, hands, or feet, but the rest of its body is covered with either long black or brown hair."

Source: Chimpanzee | San Diego Zoo Animals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal