Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 08:09 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times

Advertisements

This neurosurgeon died and talked about it extensively here -- I think it's worth a watch when you get some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbkgj5J91hE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 02:37 PM

96 posts, read 175,743 times
As one post said...it felt WAY longer than 2 1/2 minutes. Indeed, it felt like hours...days even.
I saw...the best way I can describe it...was I saw all my interactions and everyone else's and how they affect us and change us...it really is hard to explain. Spirit/soul/spark...whatever you want to call it, I saw them, stripped down to the essence. Some were bright, like fireflies, others dimmer and some were dark.
I did not see any dead relatives.If I were going to see someone, my sister had died only around a month before, but she didn't show up.
No omnipotent being/s, although it was almost like someone, more like a soft chorus of voices in my head was telling me things I needed to know. Some of the things I did not know (about people in my life) and I soon found out these things were true. Had I picked up clues in my conscious life and my brain, temporarily a little oxygen deprived was *dumping* a bunch of stuff?
I don't know.
I do know it changed me. I hope for the better, but if not, I don't think there is any way to avoid some of things I now know are coming next.
Lost my fears, lost my prejudices, lost grudges I was hanging on to.
I now know there is never a reason to forgive. No one needs it. If you do something deliberately, no one needs to forgive you as your action/words were deliberate and it was done without remorse or fear of consequences. If it was an accident, well, it was unintentional and there's no need to forgive someone for an accident they never intended. Sounds convoluted written out, but it now makes perfect sense in my brain.
Really, REALLY hard to explain some of the things that were shown or told to me.
I was not really given a *choice* to come back. I thought to myself "There is more I need to do!" and suddenly I was back.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:02 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynyvyr View Post
As one post said...it felt WAY longer than 2 1/2 minutes. Indeed, it felt like hours...days even.
I now know there is never a reason to forgive. No one needs it. If you do something deliberately, no one needs to forgive you as your action/words were deliberate and it was done without remorse or fear of consequences. If it was an accident, well, it was unintentional and there's no need to forgive someone for an accident they never intended. Sounds convoluted written out, but it now makes perfect sense in my brain.
I don't understand what this means. Could you elaborate? So we should never forgive others for doing us wrong? Sometimes, the wrongdoing is deliberate but later on (hours, days, weeks, months or even years) people regret what they did. We shouldn't forgive then? I have wronged people intentionally in my life. I have regretted it later.

Also, what did you mean by some souls were lighter like fireflies and others were dark? Did that depend on the interaction whether it is negative or positive?

Did you recall if you realized you had past lives when you were on the other side? Is this life right now one of many lives?

Old 11-20-2015, 06:00 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
I saw...the best way I can describe it...was I saw all my interactions and everyone else's and how they affect us and change us...it really is hard to explain. Spirit/soul/spark...whatever you want to call it, I saw them, stripped down to the essence. Some were bright, like fireflies, others dimmer and some were dark.
I did not see any dead relatives.If I were going to see someone, my sister had died only around a month before, but she didn't show up.
No omnipotent being/s, although it was almost like someone, more like a soft chorus of voices in my head was telling me things I needed to know. Some of the things I did not know (about people in my life) and I soon found out these things were true. Had I picked up clues in my conscious life and my brain, temporarily a little oxygen deprived was *dumping* a bunch of stuff?
I don't know.
I do know it changed me. I hope for the better, but if not, I don't think there is any way to avoid some of things I now know are coming next.
Really, REALLY hard to explain some of the things that were shown or told to me.
I was not really given a *choice* to come back. I thought to myself "There is more I need to do!" and suddenly I was back.
YEP It sure give's a new meaning to " I saw my life in a re-run episode"..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOc1ko00YiI

This link has a huge list of experiences of those brought back after Life Signs ( Cardo-wise) stops...watching the above video brought back so many memories for me working in ER's and resuscitations involved in..( won't mention the ICU/CCU units!! ) Mind you Mr. Robertson goes into a lot of Religious stuff as well...

Testimony of an actual survivor from plane crash who actually died and was brought back~~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRSjzY0s0SM

Old 11-20-2015, 06:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I don't understand what this means. Could you elaborate? So we should never forgive others for doing us wrong? Sometimes, the wrongdoing is deliberate but later on (hours, days, weeks, months or even years) people regret what they did. We shouldn't forgive then? I have wronged people intentionally in my life. I have regretted it later.
I think I understand what she is saying. When someone has done us wrong it burns us, it hurts us, it leaves a mark or a stain in our life. Forgiving them is not the way to heal from those wrongs. You have to neutralize or make right in your heart and soul, what ever the effect is that they have done to you. It sounds easier said than done but if you can understand that what the wrong doer does, is all about them, not the person who was wronged. To me it's not a matter of forgiveness...it's a matter of how you deal with the aftermath. There is no need to forgive if you are coming from the perspective of not becoming the victim.

What's to forgive? The perpetrator is the one who will have to deal with the karmic ramifications one way or another. Just keep in mind it was all about them. It was their crap not yours.

Quote:
Also, what did you mean by some souls were lighter like fireflies and others were dark? Did that depend on the interaction whether it is negative or positive?

Did you recall if you realized you had past lives when you were on the other side? Is this life right now one of many lives?
Good questions.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:08 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
I don't know.
Interesting and thank you for sharing.

Curious as well what you meant when you said some of the Spirit/soul/spark, were bright, like fireflies, others dimmer and some were dark.

Is this all you could see? bright dim and dark "spirits".

Old 11-20-2015, 07:03 PM

96 posts, read 175,743 times
Quote:

Forgiveness...what I was shown/told was that when someone wrongs you intentionally and you forgive them, YOU are picking up that burden to carry, when, rightfully, it is THEIRS.
Like the scene in A Christmas Carol when Marlowe's ghost tells Scrooge "I forged these chains one link at a time"....sort of. But it doesn't matter if they regret it later...they still intentionally did what they did and by forgiving them, even if they do regret it, we are saying "It's okay that you did that"...we make ourselves....lesser by forgiving.....we are stating (by forgiving) that we are not as important as the person that wronged us. If we did something that we want forgiveness for, and we know that there is no forgiveness for our actions because we did them deliberately, then we have to carry that burden (karmic or otherwise) around ourselves and learn the lesson to not engage in such actions. Hard to wrap my head around it still.
I do know that apologies mean...nothing. Don't offer apologies. Strive to make the situation right (if you can) and never engage in such actions again. Don't look for forgiveness, look to make amends.

Soul/spark/spirit...wow...it was weird. I was looking down at a landscape that looked very close to the landscape of where I was living at the time. But no buildings, just people wandering around. I could see people I knew well and people I barely knew and some people I didn't know at all. As I watched, their bodies just...sorta slowly vanished and all that was left was a small glowing light for each person. Like swarms of fireflies. I looked and realized I was the same. But I could still recognize people. Some people were brighter than others. Some lights were kinda dark. I could see them bumping off of each other like pinballs, each interaction, even the smallest ones, having repercussions, sometimes huge ones. I was shown many of the interactions I have had and the repercussions, some good, some bad. It has made me very aware.

As far as reincarnation...I didn't learn much about that, except that some do come again. I have no clue what requirements that would have, lol! I got *feelings* about it while I was *there*, but I really can't express them well. Like I said, still processing.

Look, probably everyone's experience is different. Maybe it is the individuals expectation and/or belief system coming into play. The neuro-chemicals flooding our brain at a crisis moment.
I don't know.
I do know it changed me. Definitely having ongoing effects. My dreams are much more vivid and I remember them well. Something I really never did before.
It has all been so strange.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Forgiveness...what I was shown/told was that when someone wrongs you intentionally and you forgive them, YOU are picking up that burden to carry, when, rightfully, it is THEIRS.
Like the scene in A Christmas Carol when Marlowe's ghost tells Scrooge "I forged these chains one link at a time"....sort of. But it doesn't matter if they regret it later...they still intentionally did what they did and by forgiving them, even if they do regret it, we are saying "It's okay that you did that"...we make ourselves....lesser by forgiving.....we are stating (by forgiving) that we are not as important as the person that wronged us. If we did something that we want forgiveness for, and we know that there is no forgiveness for our actions because we did them deliberately, then we have to carry that burden (karmic or otherwise) around ourselves and learn the lesson to not engage in such actions. Hard to wrap my head around it still.
I do know that apologies mean...nothing. Don't offer apologies. Strive to make the situation right (if you can) and never engage in such actions again. Don't look for forgiveness, look to make amends.

Soul/spark/spirit...wow...it was weird. I was looking down at a landscape that looked very close to the landscape of where I was living at the time. But no buildings, just people wandering around. I could see people I knew well and people I barely knew and some people I didn't know at all. As I watched, their bodies just...sorta slowly vanished and all that was left was a small glowing light for each person. Like swarms of fireflies. I looked and realized I was the same. But I could still recognize people. Some people were brighter than others. Some lights were kinda dark. I could see them bumping off of each other like pinballs, each interaction, even the smallest ones, having repercussions, sometimes huge ones. I was shown many of the interactions I have had and the repercussions, some good, some bad. It has made me very aware.

As far as reincarnation...I didn't learn much about that, except that some do come again. I have no clue what requirements that would have, lol! I got *feelings* about it while I was *there*, but I really can't express them well. Like I said, still processing.

Look, probably everyone's experience is different. Maybe it is the individuals expectation and/or belief system coming into play. The neuro-chemicals flooding our brain at a crisis moment.
I don't know.
I do know it changed me. Definitely having ongoing effects. My dreams are much more vivid and I remember them well. Something I really never did before.
It has all been so strange.
Thank you so much for sharing. Please accept my virtual hug
I know these are personal experiences but I don't know how to explain this in words... your story helped me a lot. There was a reason why I happened to click on this post and read about your experiences. I got this feeling of "this is something I should know." Thanks for clarifying about the forgiveness / making amends, too. I often try to forgive myself since I am hard on myself but now I think I have a better idea of what I need to do. I spent the evening reading others' NDE stories and many of them provided clarity for me.
Much peace and love

Old 11-20-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I think I understand what she is saying. When someone has done us wrong it burns us, it hurts us, it leaves a mark or a stain in our life. Forgiving them is not the way to heal from those wrongs. You have to neutralize or make right in your heart and soul, what ever the effect is that they have done to you. It sounds easier said than done but if you can understand that what the wrong doer does, is all about them, not the person who was wronged. To me it's not a matter of forgiveness...it's a matter of how you deal with the aftermath. There is no need to forgive if you are coming from the perspective of not becoming the victim.

What's to forgive? The perpetrator is the one who will have to deal with the karmic ramifications one way or another. Just keep in mind it was all about them. It was their crap not yours.

Good questions.

Ahhh... OK. Thanks! This makes sense now. It also makes sense with a lot of things going on in my life and puts things into perspective for me.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:22 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
(For the religious out there, no, I did not see bearded baby Jesus, God, gods, my great aunt Effie or any important historical personage)
Why would you expect to see any of the above. You weren't "dead." You experienced "clinical" death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal