Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 12:04 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I thought abt this last night and what I had said. It was the auras he saw leaving these people's bodies and the different colors they were. .
WAY cool! I love this! Thanks for posting.

It reminds me of the "legends" (stories) of highly-realized Tibetan lamas who die, and in the sky after their death reportedly could be seen a rainbow. They call it the "rainbow body". I never believed it until you posted this. Now I'm wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 04:37 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,277,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
WAY cool! I love this! Thanks for posting.

It reminds me of the "legends" (stories) of highly-realized Tibetan lamas who die, and in the sky after their death reportedly could be seen a rainbow. They call it the "rainbow body". I never believed it until you posted this. Now I'm wondering.
You might find this interesting as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

It's a fact that humans are an energy producing organism that produce electrical impulses.

I think this is the aurora that people see in living things as well as in people who are in the process of dying.

Energy is released when we die.

Q: If energy is neither created nor destroyed, what happens to the energy within our bodies and brains when we die? | Ask a Mathematician / Ask a Physicist

Old 12-08-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You might find this interesting as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

It's a fact that humans are an energy producing organism that produce electrical impulses.

I think this is the aurora that people see in living things as well as in people who are in the process of dying.

Energy is released when we die.

Q: If energy is neither created nor destroyed, what happens to the energy within our bodies and brains when we die? | Ask a Mathematician / Ask a Physicist
Thanks, I'm aware of that. The aura is the electro-magnetic field generated by the body's various electrical functions. But it seems that seeing colors or energy leave the body, as in that airplane crash, adds an element of mystery to the basic science.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:46 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,277,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But it seems that seeing colors or energy leave the body, as in that airplane crash, adds an element of mystery to the basic science.
Color is the visual effect that is caused by the spectral composition of the light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by objects.

Of the light emitted...Light is electromagnetic energy.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:00 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,082,511 times
I'm finding this ALL so fascinating!!!

Old 12-08-2015, 07:38 PM

535 posts, read 1,298,429 times
I was thinking about this thread today while I was driving and had a thought. I wonder if when we die...especially in a traumatic or quick death like a car crash or even if we KNOW we are about to die, if our "souls" will exit our body before we actually have to feel the pain or trauma of the death. I hope this makes sense the way I'm saying it.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:46 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,031,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luksky View Post
I was thinking about this thread today while I was driving and had a thought. I wonder if when we die...especially in a traumatic or quick death like a car crash or even if we KNOW we are about to die, if our "souls" will exit our body before we actually have to feel the pain or trauma of the death. I hope this makes sense the way I'm saying it.

It isn't your soul that feels the pain. It's your body.

I've been in a few traumatic accidents. Typically, the damage happens so FAST, you don't feel it until WAY later. Your body has an 'amnesia' response. I've had my right leg cut in HALF above the knee at age 17 (1976) by being slammed into a farmers disc harrow at 70 miles per hour. I was riding a tractor innertube tied behind a snowmobile at the time. I also broke my neck, because I was wearing a helmet, and was thrown in the air and my head snapped back.

I never felt anything, and I never lost consciousness even though I was cut to the BONE (and could see it), and the big muscle was chopped in half. By the way there's no major blood veins right there, so I wasn't really bleeding either. Just muscle and fatty tissue. About 1 hour later at the hospital as they were pulling off my snowmobile suit and pants over my lower body, my hair comb (it was in my back pocket) got pulled into the wound, and "flipped over" yanking the raw wound open even more. By that time, I felt it and almost fainted!

I would have to think that if I had been killed (I saw at the last minute that I was heading towards the harrow, and very quickly calculated that if I rolled off the innertube, I would have been killed (it had iron spikes coming out to break up dirt chunks, and would have impaled me). IF, however I crawled up on the pulling rope as far as I could, I would likely miss the harrow. Well, I was HALF-right!) Anyway, if I had died instead, I still wouldn't have felt any pain before snuffing out.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:05 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,299,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
It isn't your soul that feels the pain. It's your body.

I've been in a few traumatic accidents. Typically, the damage happens so FAST, you don't feel it until WAY later. Your body has an 'amnesia' response. I've had my right leg cut in HALF above the knee at age 17 (1976) by being slammed into a farmers disc harrow at 70 miles per hour. I was riding a tractor innertube tied behind a snowmobile at the time. I also broke my neck, because I was wearing a helmet, and was thrown in the air and my head snapped back.

I never felt anything, and I never lost consciousness even though I was cut to the BONE (and could see it), and the big muscle was chopped in half. By the way there's no major blood veins right there, so I wasn't really bleeding either. Just muscle and fatty tissue. About 1 hour later at the hospital as they were pulling off my snowmobile suit and pants over my lower body, my hair comb (it was in my back pocket) got pulled into the wound, and "flipped over" yanking the raw wound open even more. By that time, I felt it and almost fainted!

I would have to think that if I had been killed (I saw at the last minute that I was heading towards the harrow, and very quickly calculated that if I rolled off the innertube, I would have been killed (it had iron spikes coming out to break up dirt chunks, and would have impaled me). IF, however I crawled up on the pulling rope as far as I could, I would likely miss the harrow. Well, I was HALF-right!) Anyway, if I had died instead, I still wouldn't have felt any pain before snuffing out.
That's good to know! I am not afraid of being dead. But I am afraid of the process of dying, of realizing that I am about to die, and having fear and anxiety associated with the process. And I am afraid of experiencing excruciating pain in the process.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:19 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,031,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
That's good to know! I am not afraid of being dead. But I am afraid of the process of dying, of realizing that I am about to die, and having fear and anxiety associated with the process. And I am afraid of experiencing excruciating pain in the process.
Betty Eadie, in her book, Embraced by the light, speaks of what she learned on the other side: that if we have traumatic deaths, the Spirit can be pulled from the body before the body dies. The Spirit can even remotely observe the body which is not yet dead, but to other potential onlookers it fully looks like the person is still alive. We are dead when the silver cord is cut. The angel of death is sometimes shown/depicted as having scissors and being a cheery soul, rather than wearing a black hoody with a scythe.

Old 12-09-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Color is the visual effect that is caused by the spectral composition of the light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by objects.

Of the light emitted...Light is electromagnetic energy.
But most people can't see the human aura, not to mention animal or plant auras. And of the people who can see auras, not all of them see colors, some only see a white or gold monochrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal