Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 10:15 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times

Advertisements

I feel that psychic powers should be as accurate as possible. However, most seem to grow into it and assume they are good enough by the time people start asking them for help.

I think we need to attempt to receive accurate information on anything we put our mind towards. So, if we use our psychic facilities to give information to other people, then that information needs to be good. Any old crap will not do and I wonder if psychics test themselves enough to ensure they give accurate information. Claiming that many people say how accurate the information given out is, is really not enough and is not an accurate indicator of receiving correct information.

We all know folks want to believe the good stuff and avoid the bad stuff. Thats human nature. We all want our lives to be fortunate and filled with joy and happiness.

Whatever method we use, tarot, Iching, clairsentience of any kind, it is just (yes, just) picking up impressions from the space and energy fields around us so ALL of us should be concerned we are doing the best we can and being as responsible as possible. Even one bad or inaccurate 'reading' can send someone else along the wrong path and this could very well also have an effect on our own khama.

For myself, I have been having problems with my beliefs around working with pendulums. In my mind, it should be possible to detect things with the pendulum with nearly 100% accuracy and that is what I would like to strive towards.

When we do not have accuracy, how can we use our skills in a healing way, whether it be physical or mental (psychic readings).

Muscle testing is the same. There is no difference - we are picking up 'impressions' from time and space, the energy fields around us. If our decisions involve other people we have a responsibility to be as accurate as we can be.

I would like to hear from others using any method of psychic reception who deals with issues for other people.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 06-04-2017 at 10:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 06:45 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
The lack of accuracy and specifics is one of the reasons I am skeptical. This is why I ask for more proof. I think psychic accuracy should be pretty high, if not isn't it just an educated guess?

Old 06-05-2017, 10:18 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
It's hit and miss. Some predictions are pretty right on, while others fall flat, and may just be the wishful thinking of the psychic. I'm talking about predictions offered by the same person. It can be especially hard to pinpoint in time future events. It's impossible to control accuracy. And as you note, some people think they're accurate and that they have a real gift, when in fact, they're very far off base. Others do have a serious gift, but they're not always consistent.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:09 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
It's my understanding that when communication exists psychically, it's not spoken. It's not great grandma comes to me and says you need to get your brakes checked. It comes in the form of pictures. So the psychic says she's showing me red roses that my sign for accidents.

If this is true, yes, it's communication, but it's fraught with the same downsides of verbal
communication, interpretation and nuance. You ever get into an argument with someone only to find out you're both on the same side, saying the same thing in completely different ways, and misunderstanding each other? Guess what, we're human.

Communication psychic or otherwise will never be perfect. Because we're human, and imperfect.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:17 PM

To some extent, I think this is a cop-out and excuses the sloppy use of psychic ability. Let me explain what I mean.

Just like we can say yes or no, so some types of communication can be definitive (or as difinitive as "truth" allows). For example - it depends on the question asked, NOT the answer given. If you ask an open question then of course it is open to interpretation too. If you ask a specific question and this qwuestion has the proper boundaries in time and space, then there is no reason at all why we should not get a yes/no or positive/negative answer.

If I have 5 buttons on a table, and one has a cross marked on the underside. That is not open to interpretation. Guessing which one has the cross on the underside is a known probability. Psychics pulling this information in from the environment should be able to know which has the cross on the underside almost 100% of the time, shouldn't they?

Predicting the future may well depend on thre nature of time and how we experience it. Some say that everything is now and that there is no time. Essentially it is just an illusion which is given to our reality. Predictions are probably dependent on the actions and thoughts of the population or the people involved and may be able to change according to their free will. predictions are probabilities.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 06-05-2017 at 09:25 PM..

Old 06-05-2017, 10:41 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
To some extent, I think this is a cop-out and excuses the sloppy use of psychic ability. Let me explain what I mean.

Just like we can say yes or no, so some types of communication can be definitive (or as difinitive as "truth" allows). For example - it depends on the question asked, NOT the answer given. If you ask an open question then of course it is open to interpretation too. If you ask a specific question and this qwuestion has the proper boundaries in time and space, then there is no reason at all why we should not get a yes/no or positive/negative answer.

If I have 5 buttons on a table, and one has a cross marked on the underside. That is not open to interpretation. Guessing which one has the cross on the underside is a known probability. Psychics pulling this information in from the environment should be able to know which has the cross on the underside almost 100% of the time, shouldn't they?

Predicting the future may well depend on thre nature of time and how we experience it. Some say that everything is now and that there is no time. Essentially it is just an illusion which is given to our reality. Predictions are probably dependent on the actions and thoughts of the population or the people involved and may be able to change according to their free will. predictions are probabilities.
Well, there is that well known card pack, where the person holding the card with wavy lines, a circle, a star, a square on it, thinks of the cards picked. The psychic concentrates. And says the card. (I looked them up Zener Cards)

No one is 100%. Statistically, you should get like 20%. I was terrible at it.

But I think the thing is what do you think psychics do? My understanding is they read energy. In your example, can the button be read without someone thinking about the button? Or is it your belief the button has energy?

Old 06-06-2017, 01:41 AM

I am disregarding the spirit connection here for the sake of making a point. I think psychics are tapping into the energy all around us. I know that everything is connected (see the Cytopathogenic effect) so a propoerly trained psychic should be able to tap into the energy and determine which button has the X marked on it.

I mean, doctors take 5 years plus to be proficient at what they do, and other professions take similar years of study to become proficient, so why shouldn't it be possible for psychics to train and practice until they become good?

We are told the CIA trained remote viewers so some of the skills can be taught, I just reckon the people who have some psychic abilities can be trained to get it pretty much right - particularly when the questions are properly worded.

Obviously, some people will be better at some things than others and not everyone is open enough to the energy of the Universe to be aware.

Old 06-06-2017, 09:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
I mean, doctors take 5 years plus to be proficient at what they do, and other professions take similar years of study to become proficient, so why shouldn't it be possible for psychics to train and practice until they become good?
You should know the answer to this. Because it is not repeatable. Medical Science is published and available for peer review. Studies are done, results are measured.

For some reason psychics are not held to the same standard.
Quote:
We are told
Who is told and who tells them?
Quote:
the CIA trained remote viewers so some of the skills can be taught, I just reckon the people who have some psychic abilities can be trained to get it pretty much right - particularly when the questions are properly worded.
The CIA experiments are considered a failure and do not support psychic powers in any way. No remote viewing report ever provided actionable information for any intelligence operation.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
The CIA experiments are considered a failure and do not support psychic powers in any way. No remote viewing report ever provided actionable information for any intelligence operation.
Says who?

The Russians have been using PSI and all kinds of what we term psychic abilities for decades. They have (also) militarised the abilities and are far more advanced than the USA.

If you think there is no basis for these abilities, then you have not done your research. There are plenty of papers on influence at a distance either by thought or by some unknown radiations.

The fact that science cannot measure some of these energies does not mean they are not available to be used for harm as well as benefit.

For Remote Viewing, check out The Farsight Institute,

Old 06-06-2017, 08:47 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
It's my understanding that when communication exists psychically, it's not spoken. It's not great grandma comes to me and says you need to get your brakes checked. It comes in the form of pictures. So the psychic says she's showing me red roses that my sign for accidents.

If this is true, yes, it's communication, but it's fraught with the same downsides of verbal
communication, interpretation and nuance. You ever get into an argument with someone only to find out you're both on the same side, saying the same thing in completely different ways, and misunderstanding each other? Guess what, we're human.

Communication psychic or otherwise will never be perfect. Because we're human, and imperfect.
Not everyone sees pictures many do actually hear Grandma telling you to get your brakes checked or Uncle Joe telling you to get the light wood not the dark or you smell cousin Frannie which reminds you of a birthday, anniversary, etc.
There is not one way to receive information, it depends on who is giving as to how it is received.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal