Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 05:37 PM

676 posts, read 721,815 times

Advertisements

He was the love of my life. I'm so sad.

My cell phone went completely dead as a door nail twice. Would take a charge at all. Just dead.

Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 06:36 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post

My cell phone went completely dead as a door nail twice. Would take a charge at all. Just dead.

Thoughts??
I guess I don't get this. Did your husband pass away, if so, sorry for your loss.

Or are you talking about your cell phone?

Old 06-05-2017, 06:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I guess I don't get this. Did your husband pass away, if so, sorry for your loss.

Or are you talking about your cell phone?
I think the question is are the two connected? Is her husband sending her a message by killing a cell phone.

I'd say we don't have enough information. Was the phone acting up, did it need more frequent charging before husband's death? Then no. Coincidence.

If it was running rock solid and now it's so dead you need another, then maybe. Does the phone have a connection between you and your husband? Like my husband hates smart phones. And he thinks I'm addicted to mine. So him dying then killing my I phone I totally get.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:15 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
So sorry to hear this. I hope you have a friend or family member to lend you some support in this difficult time.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:17 PM

676 posts, read 721,815 times
Thank you for your kind wishes.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My husband passed away on May 25 after a 3 year battle with melanoma.

The phone went dead yesterday and two days before that. It wasn't acting up, and it didn't need charging. My charger was working fine because it charged my iPad. My phone just completely, and I mean completely died. When I put it in the charger, nothing. Not even an icon showing it was charging. Nada.

I was asking if there was a connection because I have always heard that our loved ones try to communicate via the telephone. I don't have a land line. Just my cell phone. And my husband wasn't a fan of cell phones. He, himself, just had a flip phone for emergencies.

I was able to get my phone to work again. The first time it just went back on by itself. The second time I was able to reboot it. Now, so far it's ok.

This never happened to my cell phone before. My sister keeps on tells no me I will get signs. I really don't believe in signs but was just wondering if this might have been the sign my sister has been talking about.

Also, my son found my husbands drivers license at the edge of his bed when he woke up in his home the next morning after my hubby died. But my son was here in my house on the day hubby passed, and in the room where my hubby died. So hubby's stuff could have gotten between my sons stuff, I'm guessing. We were cleaning out hubbys things after he passed. But once again, my sister keeps on talking about signs. (Fortunately my husband passed at home, as he wished to)

I just thought I'd ask here since this thread is about that sort of thing.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-05-2017, 11:10 PM

105 posts, read 85,820 times
Sorry for your loss. I doubt the cell phone is related to your husband. In my personal experience, signs from a deceased loved one will come when you least expect it. And when it happens you won't need to ask if it was a sign. You'll just know.

I wish you peace and comfort at this time. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers that you receive many signs now and in the future and that they come in unexpected and wonderful ways.

Old 06-06-2017, 01:51 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
I agree with her. You will know. It may never happen when and how you'd expect. Communication or a sign of his presence or love may happen years later when you least expect it.
Or not. You may just have to trust that he is at peace.

Old 06-06-2017, 08:07 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble cake View Post

Thoughts??
Condolences about point #1 but it has nothing to do with point #2. Batteries have a life span (just like humans). My last phone did the same thing, started acting strange as the battery was ending it's useful life - finally wouldn't take a charge at all.

Also, and don't take this the wrong way - it's important for your emotional health and the greiving process to not attribute otherwise explainable occurances to the supernatural. It's the wrong direction in seeking support. Hopefully you have family and friends to discuss these matters with.

Old 06-06-2017, 10:55 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
My friends daughter died young in a car accident. It devastated her. One day I asked her if Kate had contacted her any way since she passed and she said she was at her grave and all of a sudden her phone went dead. I asked her if she thought that was a message and she said she thought it was Kate telling her to "just be" and live in the moment.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:44 AM

331 posts, read 315,754 times
In my own experience and in the paranormal literature, "electrical phenomena" are the phenomena most closely associated with recent deaths. I could bore you with my tales involving my late wife's father, my late wife and my elderly neighbor, but they merely duplicate a million other reported incidents. Yes, I would say it is ENTIRELY possible that the incident with your cell phone is connected with your husband's death. However, it is a little more "ambiguous" than what I have experienced. I used to participate on the After Death Communications ("Hello From Heaven!") forum, www.after-death.com, and many who were freshly grieving were so desperate for contact that they saw signs everywhere and it was a little sad. So I try to remain "skeptical" even in my own life, but I have definitely experienced electrical phenomena of which it is near-impossible to remain skeptical. So stay alert and open-minded and see what happens next!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal