Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 09:19 PM

10,927 posts, read 5,896,273 times

Advertisements

I felt my son's presence when I went to meet his casket at the airport. I rode in the hearse and with his body in the back and not knowing what to do I turned and placed my forearm on his casket. I had this sensation of a 'wave' pass up through my arm then radiate through the rest of my body. He was 'with me' for the rest of the afternoon.

I had also had a dream earlier in which he 'showed me' the anguish he was going through at the time he took his life.

I felt that anguish!

I don't know the answer. On the day that he died he was 'missing' (he hadn't been found yet - he must have died in the hours of darkness before dawn and was only found at 5:30 that afternoon). Driving home from work just after 4 pm, I had this 'knowledge' that he was dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2017, 10:27 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,159,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
So your mom had no health issues and you never before or after had the feeling to turn on your phone in during the night?

There is a man who calls himself The Amazing Randi. Google him if you want to know more. He has had a million dollar challenge for anyone who can prove a supernatural experience. He started with a $1,000 back in 1964 in it became one million in 1997. No one has claimed the prize.

Reality is dead people do not contact the living. There are psychological explanations why some people believe this stuff but its not real.
The James Randi challenge was terminated in 2015.

Repeat...the James Randi Challenge was terminated in 2015.

Y'all need to stop throwing that around...I am tired of typing this.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:46 PM

55 posts, read 74,718 times
I don't really know what to believe of these things, but my grandma this past Monday was frantic and told me she had a dream my aunt died and needed to speak to her. I tried calling her multiple times until she finally picked up that night. She said she was fine and sounded happy and my grandma was able to speak to her. The next morning I got a call she passed away at 9am. She was young and healthy.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:57 AM

10,847 posts, read 7,256,603 times
I dreamed about not inheriting my grandmother's bedroom set, and later found out she was in the hospital.

She survived several years after that; I didn't have any portentous dreams when she did die.

And I didn't get the bedroom set, either.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:12 AM

9,864 posts, read 14,033,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Beef View Post
Was not sure if anyone had any experience similar to this, or if you had any input. I woke up around 1am 5 1/2 yrs ago, and was immediately thinking about how i had to turn my phone on in case something happened(have a habit of turning volume down on phone). I went down stairs and did a couple things, and that thought of turning my phone on was heavy on my mind. I went back up stairs, fell back asleep, couple hours later my ex wife was waking me saying my mom was in the hospital. She eventually passed. We were very close. It all seemed too much of a coincidence. Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Beef View Post
Thank you for all the responses. I think i failed to mention an important fact. My stepdad tried to call me during the incident and my phone was off.
The thought of turning on your phone was so great that you got up and out of bed at 1 am; yet you didn't actually turn on your phone?? I don't understand.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:14 AM

9,864 posts, read 14,033,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Most married women can relate to the fact that when you're washing dishes, that's when your husband wants to come up behind you and give you a hug. After my husband died, I was washing dishes when I felt his presence behind me! I had to tell him, honey, you're scaring me. And it stopped.
Seriously, that is a very specific (and possibly dated) situation you are transferring to "most married women". Seems like a reference from The Brady Bunch.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:23 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,796,568 times
It sounds like you and your step-dad have a shared psychic connection with your mother, so that was probably added to the SDE experience. This kind of thing has been documented.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:47 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,142,753 times
My dad passed away in 96......my son and I are both pilots and we had a ball taking dad with us on short trips around SoCal. A few months before dad passed my son and I got a wild hair to go up and fly formation for a little ways. I took dad up in a little two seater and we just had a marvelous time at 6,000ft waving back and forth to my son and sister and a friend or two in the other plane 50ft away. A year later on the exact same day dad had died, on the way to work was wondering if God would show me He knew I was thinking about dad when I looked up and saw the exact same model two seater flying towards me at low altitude with a landing light on......had never seen a plane flying that course before or since.......I just smiled and thought how amazing is the God of this universe to set up ways to show His presence the outside world would never notice......

Old 08-13-2017, 02:32 PM

7,985 posts, read 5,350,163 times
I was at work and thought I heard my name called. Turned around and no one was there. It happened again a couple of hours later. The next day my sister called me and my mother had had a massive stroke. They found her in her bed--alive but not coherent. Tests showed she had been like that at least 48 hours.
I was weirded out when I thought back to the previous day when I had been hearing my name being called.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:27 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,881,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I was at work and thought I heard my name called. Turned around and no one was there. It happened again a couple of hours later. The next day my sister called me and my mother had had a massive stroke. They found her in her bed--alive but not coherent. Tests showed she had been like that at least 48 hours.
I was weirded out when I thought back to the previous day when I had been hearing my name being called.
Carl Jung wrote about the ubermind and how we're all connected. Einstein wrote about time being an illusion. I'm not smart enough to understand those things, but it's important to be at least a little open minded while trying to set aside wishful thinking and fear-based superstition. Not an easy task, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal