Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 09:28 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times

Advertisements

Around a person, in a situation or location, during an experience? What happened? What was it like? How did you know? How did you react?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 09:33 PM

274 posts, read 237,755 times
Share your experience and then I will share mine.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:44 PM

The first that I actually articulated that way was about 20 years ago when I was working in home health care. We had a patient who was diagnosed with ALS, an elderly woman. I was at a meeting with the family and the county Adult Protective Services social worker at the local hospital. APS was involved because there was severe neglect to the point that the woman had to be hospitalized: malnutrition, dehydration, bedsores, filth, lice, etc.
The APS worker and I were trying to help the family work out the care issues or consider nursing home placement. Their interest was less than promising to say the least and the daughter was downright bizarre. She just did not want to be bothered and talked about her mother like she was a pet goldfish who dared to dirty up it's bowl. It just made my hair stand on end and I felt a strong impulse to leave the room. I was seasoned in my field, no stranger to abuse and neglect and family dysfunction, but this felt different, creepy.
The meeting ended with the daughter standing up and telling us that she was leaving her at the hospital and didn't care what happened to her and then they all got up and left.
The next day I was talking with the APS worker on the phone and out of nowhere she blurted out, ''You know, I actually felt evil in that room.'' I told her I did too. That was just what it was. This was many years ago. I ran into that worker at the grocery last year, both of us now retired. Immediately we brought that memory up and talked about it. I never felt that again in a professional role and I do believe that people can be possessed or oppressed by evil forces.
Ok, spill Shelia! LOL

Old 09-22-2017, 12:25 AM

38 posts, read 23,875 times
Ooh I have a story. Back in 2000 I took my best friend to explore this old abandoned hospital I found in the city, Oklahoma City to be exact. I'm not sure exactly when it was built, but it was VERY old and had been abandoned since 1974. We were 2 dumb 19 year old girls and we just waltzed inside in the middle of the day like we owned the place. It was a warm day but as soon as we stepped inside, we got hit with icy drafts that seemed to come out of nowhere. I've always been sensitive to spirits and the paranormal and I just knew this place was haunted, I could feel entities watching us from the moment we came inside. There was a strong feeling was that we weren't wanted there, but we stayed and explored the old hospital rooms anyway. We saw a bunch of old medical equipment still in them, and there were also these weird geometric paintings on the walls too which my friend wanted to take home. I knew that taking anything from a haunted location was a huge no-no, but luckily they were bolted to the walls and she couldn't get them off. We left shortly after that and went home.

That night I was up late watching TV around 3 or 4 in the morning when all of a sudden I felt my bedroom fill with pure evil. It was like a heavy, suffocating cloud of hatred so strong and so sudden that I actually gasped out loud and got chills all over. It was like the feeling you get after you get in a huge fight with someone and they're staring at you, just hating you and wishing for every bad thing to happen to you. I remembered the hospital trip from earlier that day and I realized that something must have followed me home from there, something that wasn't happy about being disturbed and I think my friend's attempted art theft probably had a lot to do with it's anger too. I tried to ignore the feeling but it just got stronger and stronger. It got so bad that I was curled up under the covers, just hiding and crying and repeating "I'm sorry!" out loud to whatever was in my room. It may have been trying to communicate with me cause I kept getting these thoughts that I deserved to die, and I think whatever it was would have killed me if it had the power to.

My boyfriend worked the night shift at a gas station at the time, so I called up there and told him what happened. He knew a lot about spirits and whatnot and I knew if anyone would know what to do, it'd be him. He told me to come up there as soon as possible and I left right away. I got there and explained the situation a bit more in-depth and he gave me a cigarette and told me to light it in my room, take one puff facing each cardinal direction, and rotate counterclockwise until I smoked the whole thing. He was Native and they used tobacco in rituals a lot and I was a bit skeptical that anything could get rid of what I felt in there, but sure enough, it worked. I felt the evil entity when I got home but as the cigarette burned, I felt it weaken and lessen gradually until it was gone completely.

Feel free to think I'm just a loon but I swear I'm telling the truth. I never want to feel that kind of evil ever again, I've never been that terrified in my entire life before or since.

Last edited by SantisimaMuerte; 09-22-2017 at 12:34 AM..

Old 09-22-2017, 12:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
I've told this story before. I was at a big party, and a friend of a friend joined us, and all the warning bells went off in my head.

People flocked around him. He was charismatic...but he gave me the creeps. It was late anyway, so I took off.

Couple of months later, had lunch with one of guys from the party. He asked if I remembered this guy and I told him I did, and I got a bad feeling about him.

Friend told me good call. Guy was all messed up and soon after the party got into some bad things, and ended up killing himself. Real mess.

But I also can't handle really crazy people. For some reason people off the deep end send me into a panic attack. It's like they activate an extreme fight or flight response in me. And for me it's flight....and they make me shaky and my heart pounds. I'm near 60, and that's only happened a couple times in real life, but a guy who showed up on Howard Stern radio show every once in a while would cause it. The guy's name was Elliot Offen?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:14 AM

Quick OT, Tallysmom, how do I modify my username? I am no longer feeling low! LOL
Can you pm me?

Old 09-22-2017, 06:29 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Have you ever felt that you were in the presence of evil?
Define what you mean by "evil."

Old 09-22-2017, 06:31 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
People flocked around him. He was charismatic...but he gave me the creeps. It was late anyway, so I took off.
There's a good book about this: https://www.amazon.com/Gift-Fear-Sur.../dp/0440226198

Basically, it's about the under appreciated human ability for instinct. Our brains evolved that for a reason, but in modern industrial society we tend to ignore that part of our brain, which is very much not a good thing.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Around a person, in a situation or location, during an experience? What happened? What was it like? How did you know? How did you react?
You mean like my ex-wife?

Old 09-22-2017, 07:45 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Quote:
I have, twice.

First time, it was with a place: while transiting through Los Angeles, from LAX to Port of Long Beach. The feeling was very bizarre and eerie. Imagine this stereotypical movie scene. You walk into an abandoned commercial building. It's dimly lit, there's grimy dirt all over the floor, etc. Then you see the words "GET OUT" scribbled in red paint on a cinder block wall. Yeah, kind of like that. The whole city felt very intimidating too. I was very happy to finally get on my ship, and not spend any more time there than I had to.

Second time, it was with a person: a new guy my long-time friends invited into our group. The feeling about him is easier to describe. The very second I first saw that guy, I knew there was something fishy about him. I could almost "smell" it. (My friends, by contrast, were enamored with him: they talked like he was the coolest guy they ever met.) Sure enough, when our group went bowling together some months later, and I rolled a ball on his turn by mistake, he started screaming at me like a maniac. I went to the police that night, because I was worried he was mentally unstable.

To this day, I keep my distance with new people my friends introduce to me, until I can vet them myself.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 09-22-2017 at 08:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal