Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,553,488 times

Advertisements

Morlocks?

(Sorry guys, had to do that, original post made me think of one of my favorite sci-fis )

Seriously though, I believe there is usually some truth hidden in legends. Unlike the Greeks trying to explain science with myths, the Cherokee most likely saw an animal that was nocturnal that resembled the rest of said description to some degree.

Remember, the American natives held all life as sacred and of value. Every creature was their brother. As an example, when killing a buffalo to feed his family, the Native American would send a prayer the way of the animal's departing soul, giving thanks that his brother had given his life so that he and his could eat and have clothing.

Such reverence for all life must have spun some tales that show 4 legged animals in more of an equal placement to we humans. I love reading American Native culture for just that reason. Maybe they saw the nocturnal, rare but white-furred wolverine?

Imho, we could learn a thing or two by the way they viewed Mother earth and all of the living things on this ship.

Last edited by TerraDown; 01-13-2018 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,141 times
They sound like the Irish sidhe who also live underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Mysterious Moon-Eyed People – Ancient Subterranean Race In Conflict With The Cherokee

I think we have to decide whether there is truth in these stories, because if there is, then our history is not what we have been taught(surprise, surprise!). This article speaks of possible people from Wales coming in the 12th century.

When a race does not have any or many written records, the only thing they do have is stories to keep the memories alive and to teach their next generations the history of old times. Many races tell of ancient 'gods' from the sky but are they all just stories? I dont think so.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:43 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
There has always been a story of pale little people that lived in a part of my region. I practically forgot about it when one night in a different area I saw something matching that description.
A very interesting comment. What is your region?

There are theories that the Moon-Eyed people of Cherokee history * I use the term history vs lore or myth due to the accounts of researchers pre-1900 who studied the Cherokee as part of a federal assignment*

... Were part of an Albino group of Indians that were documented as coming from the Isthmus of Darien in Panama. Which would seem plausible except for the description of them as “bearded”.

The ability to grow beards would actually suggest a genetic European origin.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,634 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
A very interesting comment. What is your region?

There are theories that the Moon-Eyed people of Cherokee history * I use the term history vs lore or myth due to the accounts of researchers pre-1900 who studied the Cherokee as part of a federal assignment*

... Were part of an Albino group of Indians that were documented as coming from the Isthmus of Darien in Panama. Which would seem plausible except for the description of them as “bearded”.

The ability to grow beards would actually suggest a genetic European origin.
I used the same term to describe what I saw with an added term for little people. Thread was deleted. I didn’t see the face. Umm, and no, it wasn’t European. Was in a part of the loess hills.

Old 01-15-2018, 07:49 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
Some people say there are 'portals' across the globe and that some of these open and close on a fairly regular way. At the Stardust Ranch in Arizona there is said to be a portal which opens every 72 days. The guy who lived there swears he and his family was being abducted regularly.

See the other thread on that one.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:41 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,999,190 times
I think there is some truth to legends, just like all things that are past down verbally, they get a bit embellished as time goes on. Does that mean we disregard the story? I think it means we have to dig deep to find the truth.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:28 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I think there is some truth to legends, just like all things that are past down verbally, they get a bit embellished as time goes on. Does that mean we disregard the story? I think it means we have to dig deep to find the truth.
Let's say that somebody sees an albino deer during the limited visibility of fog, rain, snow or twilight and their mind runs wild. Poor visibility and just the right pose can deceive us. Remember, that just because they have four legs does not mean that we will always see their side view. We thought we saw a ghost or albino pigmy. Then we tell our story and we do not want to appear weak or afraid; so we embellish. Our friends could embellish as they recount our story. I am just saying that story telling is not scientific; we should never confuse the two.

Solid evidence is what it takes to makes skeptics believers. So many have cellphones today that are able to capture the pictures and send information almost instantly. We also have DNA testing and carbon dating and many other scientific ways to verify any legend.

I am not saying to close your ears and minds to legends. I am saying that it takes much more than a legend to create reality.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 23 days ago)

27,634 posts, read 16,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Let's say that somebody sees an albino deer during the limited visibility of fog, rain, snow or twilight and their mind runs wild. Poor visibility and just the right pose can deceive us. Remember, that just because they have four legs does not mean that we will always see their side view. We thought we saw a ghost or albino pigmy. Then we tell our story and we do not want to appear weak or afraid; so we embellish. Our friends could embellish as they recount our story. I am just saying that story telling is not scientific; we should never confuse the two.

Solid evidence is what it takes to makes skeptics believers. So many have cellphones today that are able to capture the pictures and send information almost instantly. We also have DNA testing and carbon dating and many other scientific ways to verify any legend.

I am not saying to close your ears and minds to legends. I am saying that it takes much more than a legend to create reality.
I don’t really want to believe. I conjured up every possible explanation. None fit.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:39 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I don’t really want to believe. I conjured up every possible explanation. None fit.
Here's another school of thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euhemerism

Old 01-24-2018, 05:15 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Here's another school of thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euhemerism
So about 2400 years ago they had the same debate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal