Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 02:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Insufficient data. We can only speculate. Remember the U in UFO stands for "Unidentified." But there are lots of possibilities:

1. A natural phenomenon we have not yet discovered and studied.

2. Time travelers from our future.

3. Beings from an alternate dimension.

4. Super-secret military vehicle.

5. An extraterrestrial vehicle or drone.

6. Bigfoot

7. Something that hasn't even entered into our thinking yet.

Okay. Maybe not #6, but the rest are all possibilities. But until further evidence comes to light, all we can do is speculate.
You forgot Vladimir Putin on his hummingbird.

It's a frealing missile. probably an Exocet for all I know. There is alien life out there but it doesn't know we're here, doesn't care or is beating feet here as we speak the exploit a new food source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 02:46 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

It's a frealing missile. probably an Exocet for all I know. There is alien life out there but it doesn't know we're here, doesn't care or is beating feet here as we speak the exploit a new food source.
A missile? Don't you think a fighter pilot knows a missile when he sees it and is well trained to know what a missile looks like visually and on radar? Also, they would know where it launched from even a submarine.
The fighter pilot talks about it moving left to right, right to left, up and down and then taking off at above supersonic speed.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:06 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What I saw on the video doesn't look anything like Putin on his hummingbird.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:34 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What I saw on the video doesn't look anything like Putin on his hummingbird.
Nice try but that's not even a hummingbird and it looks like Putin is sitting on a over grown ferret who is on a bird, LOL.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Nice try but that's not even a hummingbird and it looks like Putin is sitting on a over grown ferret who is on a bird, LOL.
It's a Russian War Hummingbird, and yes, he is also on a Saber Tooth Ferret, just in case the hummingbird gets shot out from under him.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
A missile? Don't you think a fighter pilot knows a missile when he sees it and is well trained to know what a missile looks like visually and on radar? Also, they would know where it launched from even a submarine.
The fighter pilot talks about it moving left to right, right to left, up and down and then taking off at above supersonic speed.
I honestly am not sure what they are but I am interested. I looked into it and I have seen guesses from Aliens to US Government testing that the pilots are not aware of. I think we will find out but it will not be this year.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:05 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
We know for a fact the Govt used the popularity of UFOs back in the 60s and 70s, to disguise experimental aircraft it was testing and working on, the CIA even admits this today, it was a great disguise if they had all the other nations wondering if it was aliens, so Id imagine they still take advantage of this today.

If modern day UFO reports are any indicator at some of the technology they are testing, its going to be, aircraft that operate totally silent, hover in place, cloaking to make them invisible to the naked eye, effects on electrical and mechanical products (on the ground).

However the fact that military aircraft are sent up to intercept these things, would lead me to believe these are NOT experimental aircraft...why would Govt send its jets up to investigate its own test aircraft?

If you all really want to be surprised, do some reading on UFO reports made before the airplane was invented, these are amazingly similar to modern day reports, shapes of UFOs, behavior, capabilities, etc. They are identical in every way, so whatever these things are, they have been here for a very long time and they appear to be unchanging over time.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:47 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
However the fact that military aircraft are sent up to intercept these things, would lead me to believe these are NOT experimental aircraft...why would Govt send its jets up to investigate its own test aircraft?
To see if it were working as intended? Or perhaps it is one part of the Government working without the knowledge of the rest of the Government because it is a secret project.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:41 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
8. Glitch in the highly complex onboard tracking and/or data processing software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazz View Post
9. Ghost in the machine.
These are both extremely reasonable suggestions. There are actually lots of visual anomalies in the skies.
Most of them aren't anything. They're optical illusions, or artifacts introduced by the scattering of light by particles in the atmosphere or even from the aircraft itself, from the canopy or from things in the cockpit.

Been flying a long time and never seen anything that I thought was alien technology.

Also, not all anomalies are just glitches ...there are certainly a lot of advanced aircraft and other airborne tech that most people are not familiar with, so if/when they do happen to observe it, they can't relate it to anything in their experience because it has an appearance and capabilities that are different than conventional aircraft. Now in this case the government is saying its not ours, that the Navy knows about. However, there are other branches of the government. They don't all share what they have, with each other.

The other issue is instrumentation errors. Auto-track is actually partially an optical system...not a 100% sensor system.

But even if there was a visual anomaly the system was tracking, there is also radar return. These current generation weapons systems use a holographic radar system that relies very heavily on digital processing.
Way back when, when DSP for weapons systems was first introduced, there have been programs to develop ECM against this generation of tech.

For example, there have been some advanced projects in DARPA that investigated how to "fool" sensor systems (like radar) to create "virtual chaff". So this could be an implementation of that kind of tech.

Also, Raytheon, which is the prime on the system in the Hornet, was infiltrated by the PRC and many of their designs were pilfered. The Chinese hacking/spying for weapons data and other tech goes back much more than 10 years, actually...and in fact the FA-18 was one of the aircraft specifically targeted.

So that this incident involved that aircraft, and there have been extensive breaches of its designs and systems....leads me to think its far more likely as an explanation that this was some kind of countermeasure test, rather than an alien incursion.

After all, Occam's Razor should apply. Is it something that could arise from things we know to exist (hacking and the existence of ECM programs specifically intended to spoof the kind of weapons system on that aircraft) OR, is it alien technology from aliens whose existence has never been established and whose presence is incredibly unlikely?

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:22 AM

Discussions like this bring out the inherent prejudices in both sides of the argument. The UFO "true believers" immediately dive into government cover-ups, aliens, etc. While the die-hard skeptics are now seeing military data, video evidence, and the eyewitness testimony of trained pilots, and still it has to be a computer error, a hallucination, etc. Neither side wants to take an honest view of the evidence because they are blinded by their own preconceived prejudices.

I'm much more skeptical than most. But c'mon. There comes a point where you have to admit you just don't know.

Both sides need to read this and ponder:

Can Skepticism Blind You to the Truth?

https://io9.gizmodo.com/can-skeptici...uth-1548544855
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal