Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 10:05 AM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times

Advertisements

Eight percent of 1,101 cases is 88 unexplainable UFO sightings.

UFO 'witnesses were very frightened' | The Kingston Whig-Standard

Quote:
'Witnesses were very frightened:' Survey of 2017 Canadian UFO sightings released
By The Canadian Press

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:59:59 EDT AM

Hovering lights in the sky. Pulsing lights. A humming noise.

Objects shaped like spheres, discs, triangles and boomerangs.

The witnesses include ordinary folk, airline crews, a particle physicist and an airport’s weather observer.

A survey released by Manitoba-based Ufology Research on Tuesday says there were 1,101 UFO sightings — an average of three a day — reported in Canada in 2017.

About eight per cent of those were deemed unexplainable.

“Many people continue to report unusual objects in the sky, and some of these objects do not have obvious explanations,” says the survey.

“Many witnesses are pilots, police and other individuals with reasonably good observing capabilities and good judgment.”

Quebec had the most sightings at 518. Nunavut had the fewest at two.

Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Edmonton topped the cities with the most UFO reports.

Ufology Research takes data from all known sources, including UFO organizations, government files, direct witness reports, media and some internet posts. Its analysis takes into account location, types of encounters, reliability of witnesses and strangeness of sightings.

Some of the more bizarre unexplained reports from 2017 included:

Jan. 5, 6 p.m: Two people in French River, Ont., observed multiple colours for about 10 minutes. Several coloured “orbs” approached the witnesses and hovered before moving away. “Witnesses were very frightened.”

March 15, 7:20 p.m: Crews on two separate airliners 65 kilometres northeast of Enderby, B.C., reported a bright, white strobing light above them. Radar indicated no other known aircraft were in the vicinity.

July 11, 3:12 p.m: One witness near Smithville, Ont., reported that a “shiny object with a raised dome moved slowly and silently over nearby trees … It seemed to hover, then ascended rapidly out of sight.”

Aug. 25, 9:50 a.m: Two people in Stewiacke, N.S., watched a dark triangular object for about three minutes silhouetted against the sky. It had three white lights at the points, an orange-red light in the centre and two strobe lights. “The object flew over the witnesses, making a humming noise.”

Sept. 23, 8:30 p.m: Ten people watched as a red, triangular object approached Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Que., from the northeast and came to a stop above them. It was stationary for several seconds before its red lights intensified, then flickered, before it moved away.

Ufology Research notes the number of reported UFO sightings remains high. The 2017 figure compares with 1,132 in 2016 and 1,265 in 2015.

The group suggests several explanations, among them more secret or classified military exercises, people unaware of natural objects in the sky and easier reporting of alleged sightings because of advancing online technology.

It also posits that perhaps “more UFOs are present and physically observable by witnesses.”

But the survey concludes that “there is no incontrovertible evidence that some UFO cases involved extraterrestrial contact.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 11:47 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
My partner and I saw something very unusual a few years back. We hesitated telling friends, we even have photos. Most friends laughed at us, a couple believed that we did indeed see something odd.

It happened twice, with a different ending the second time.

We have floor to ceiling windows and are very used to seeing planes in the night sky, and planes landing far in the distance.

One night my partner asked me to look at a very bright orange light in the sky, fairly high up and far off. It was still. I told them it was just a planet and the June air was making it glow orange.

As soon as I said that, the light streaked across the sky faster than any plane could and stopped. I got my camera and took a couple of photos. We watched it for a while and then it just went out.

Some said it was probably a Japanese lantern, but we've seen those in the sky before, and although the colour may be similar, the light isn't as pinpointed nor do they move like that.

Chalked it up to a one off.

About one month later, my partner yells " it's back ". This time it was still twilight with a very cloudy sky. Sure enough, the orange light was there. I ran to get my camera, but by the time I got back the light was gone. Sticking my head out the window I looked up. Against the cloudy sky was grey rounded triangle shape. No noise, and just hovering about the equivalent of a 40 storey building. WTF? I repeated over and over, like on auto pilot. I don't swear much, but this just stunned me. What is that?

I took a photo. Then it started to move. It looked more like it was slipping across the sky, rather than flying. It then kind of melted away in waves as it slid. We ran outside, but nothing was to be seen.

I know I wasn't hallucinating since my partner saw exactly the same thing. I also have the photos. The second photo of the grey object was interesting. The object looked to have some disturbance around it, and was not really noticeable within the grey sky.

I decide to use a program, to colour correct the image. When I did, the whole sky turned into bits of colour, EXCEPT where the object was. That came out as a black shape, proving to me, that SOMETHING was there.

Now whether or not it was aliens, I have no idea. It could of been some experimental craft. All I know, is that we both saw this, and haven't seen it again.

If anyone is interested, I can dig up those photos.

Last edited by Natnasci; 07-11-2018 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-11-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
As soon as I said that, the light streaked across the sky faster than any plane could and stopped.
Very similar behavior to the UFO I saw, only it was in broad daylight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
If anyone is interested, I can dig up those photos.
Yes, please!

Old 07-11-2018, 03:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
MUFON and NUFORC sighting databases are filled with reports just like the above.

NUFORC gets about 200 sightings per week, about 60% of those are actually real unexplained aircraft, many are mis-IDs of known aircraft.

Aircraft capability is a big one though, as far as I know, NO nation or military has aircraft that move this quick, or make such hard turns/ stops. Operating in total silence is also not something we have yet.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:22 PM

I have to dig up the orange light ones from an external hard drive, but will do. These ones are of the greyish object.

What the camera saw.

Adjusted photo. It was an old app, I can't remember the name of the process, but it was just one click to get a negative type image.

A close up of the adjusted image.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:34 AM

Cool. Thanks for sharing.

It looks kinda like the Golden Snitch.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Cool. Thanks for sharing.

It looks kinda like the Golden Snitch.
I never thought about that...it kind of does!!

Old 07-13-2018, 01:22 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
What (very) general area were you at the time?

Old 07-13-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
What (very) general area were you at the time?
Downtown Vancouver at my home.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:05 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
MUFON and NUFORC sighting databases are filled with reports just like the above.

NUFORC gets about 200 sightings per week, about 60% of those are actually real unexplained aircraft, many are mis-IDs of known aircraft.

Aircraft capability is a big one though, as far as I know, NO nation or military has aircraft that move this quick, or make such hard turns/ stops. Operating in total silence is also not something we have yet.
Going on for some time now are a lot of red/orange orb sightings. If you youtube them they are often similar. We saw 5 of them..4 made up a triangle and the fifth nearby . After 10 minutes of being silent and stationary , the 5 reddish lights went into a little dance and became 1 light and flew off. I did report that to NUFOC back in Oct. 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal