Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
Black cats gets the bad rap because they were associated with witches. Witches likes black cats so they're marked for life.
True. Some superstitions have persisted for hundreds of years. I had a black cat, and after he died we got another. No bad luck, in fact, we've had a lucky streak somewhat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 12:42 PM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

By the way, the Tally in my name? Left for the Bridge at the age of 17 a few weeks ago. A few days later, Baby (16) also left for the Bridge. I miss them terribly.
I'm very sorry to hear about Tally and Baby. So very hard to lose them after so long. (((Hugs))) to you.

Our Scratchy (aka Scratch, ScratchyPuddin', Scratchy McScratchface, and the Scratchmeister General) is also 17. We don't know how much longer she'll be here with us, but for now she rules the roost.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:11 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,059,546 times
Quote:
We had no luck finding a home for Tillie, and because we had a Tally, we changed her name to Squinkle. Squinkie. Pie.

All our cats seem to have a thousand names.
LOL... My cats have always acquired multiple nicknames on their road in life, based on behaviors and experiences. I think the chiefs of some Native American Tribes would adapt names of tribe members as time and experience passed. "Fearful Of Heights" would become "Flies With Eagles" as confidence and experience adapted them.

Cat's given name only used at Vet appointments as that is what they had on the chart...

Quote:
By the way, the Tally in my name? Left for the Bridge at the age of 17 a few weeks ago. A few days later, Baby (16) also left for the Bridge. I miss them terribly.
Please accept my sympathies, sounds like you were a wonderful mom to them. Mine passed a little over a year ago at 19 (how old is that in cat years?)

Old 09-12-2018, 04:22 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Want to see a picture of one of them?
Yes! Post them.
Went over to Pet Smart earlier, beautiful orange 3 yr oldTabby named Wiley from tbe Humane Society. Very laid back like the two I have. I'd love to give him a home.

Quote:
Oh man, not proofreading. My last post? My white cat is named Edgar. She — yes, girl, got named because she’s mainly white, with a black tail and a jaunty little black hat of color on the side of her head. We had a friend whose cat, named Edgar, looked similar, so when she showed up at our house, she was called “that Edgar looking cat”. Truly feral. Wanted nothing to do with us.

It stuck. Then she had kittens on our front porch. She became Edgar Louise. When another feral cat started stealing her kittens, we brought all four in, which was good because first time Mom Edgar ended up with mastitis, and I ended up bottle feeding the babies. All girls, named Millie, Tillie and Stan. Millie and Stan went to a good home and are now named Sadie and Gert. We had no luck finding a home for Tillie, and because we had a Tally, we changed her name to Squinkle. Squinkie. Pie.

All our cats seem to have a thousand names.

So we got Edgar fixed, and after her recuperation we decided to let her out, since she was feral, and spent 8 weeks trying to escape, and avoiding us, even though we had to treat her for her mastitis infection.

We opened the back door and out she ran. She ran around checking everything out, turned to us, thought about it, and ran back in the house. She slept at the foot of our bed that very night. She allowed us to pet her and fuss over her. It was literally like she ran out, thought “Freedom! I’m free! Wait, there’s food and water inside, I’m warm and cozy, treats, wet food, and I get to pee and poop and they happily clean it up. I’ll take that cushy life all day long!!”

So sorry for your loss of fur babies. Whatever the afterlife is, they're together.
Edgar sounds like she'll be a sweet addition. A taste of the good lifes all she needed.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:32 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yes! Post them.
Went over to Pet Smart earlier, beautiful orange 3 yr oldTabby named Wiley from tbe Humane Society. Very laid back like the two I have. I'd love to give him a home.

So sorry for your loss of fur babies. Whatever the afterlife is, they're together.
Edgar sounds like she'll be a sweet addition. A taste of the good lifes all she needed.
Well, Neddie, one of Edgar’s nicknames, along with Sprite and Pixie, is now 14 years old.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:45 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Well, Neddie, one of Edgar’s nicknames, along with Sprite and Pixie, is now 14 years old.
Funny how cats recognize and respond to every nickname.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:15 PM

12,774 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Black cats, just like any other superstitions never bothered me. I used to have a black cat too.

A cat is a cat to me.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:17 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,573,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yes! Post them.

So sorry about your kitties too. I have my avatar on Social Media as my special boy. Allll kinds of wrong, plus the old age.. It was too much for him, I am still devastated... Part of me died with him, I'm rebuilding myself.. He and I until we meet again. <3

Here is one of them, being majestic and royal. They pose...

Old 09-13-2018, 06:26 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
My boy:

Old 09-13-2018, 07:36 AM

166 posts, read 170,931 times
I some countries, black cats actually bring good fortune
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal