Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 AM

793 posts, read 275,956 times

Advertisements

Every coin has two sides....the Ouija Board is an object that is made in a factory. Is it actually something that we should fear? Or the flip side of the coin; is it actually something that we should respect? Anyone have any experiences with the Ouija Board?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 05:59 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,884,777 times
Could the Ouija Board I just bought be "haunted"? (spirits, activity)
Have you had a look at this thread we had a while ago?

Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
I knew a few kids during high school who were into the supernatural and used one. They claimed things went bad, And the board flew away from them and slid up a wall. Later phenomena according to them ranged from whispering voices to a coffee table that started to come after them. I have a hard time believing it honestly that a Milton Bradley manufactured Ouija board caused all that. If it was an antique one it would be more believable to me but not by much.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:23 PM

764 posts, read 1,422,307 times
I had a Ouija board when I was a kid and I never got the thing to work or do anything. The only time the planchette (?) moved was when I moved it.

My husband, however, had an experience with one and he still refuses to talk about what happened. He absolutely won't go near one now, won't look at one, won't even talk about them, let alone have one in the house. Normally he's a very rational guy, not at all superstitious or anything, but he is incredibly perceptive/aware. I don't know what happened with the Ouija board when he was younger, but whatever it was, it really affected him. He'll talk about anything in the world but that.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:46 PM

I was between 8-9 years old when my two sisters and I were sitting in the living room one evening watching tv and waiting for our step-dad,who was a semi driver,to call so we could pick him up when he came in from his trip. My mother was quite concerned about him being so late in calling. My sisters and I didn't think much of it since it wasn't unusual for him to run a bit late but then again,being just kids we weren't exactly clock watchers back then.
I remember my mother calling me out to the dining room,she pulled two chairs away from the dining room table and sat them across from each other and told me to sit down. She went out towards the kitchen and came back in with a box; she took out what appeared to be a game board. I had no idea what it was,I had never seen it before and didn't know where she kept it in the house. She sat down on the other chair across from me and put the board on our laps having me put my feet on the wrung of the chair so that our knees touched. I was instructed as to how to place my hands on this odd shaped thing that she placed on the letter T;then told me that I was to repeat word for word everything that she was going to say. She said I was to keep repeating those words over and over so that I didn't think of anything else. If there was one thing that we learned back in those days;it was that we did not question what we were told to do..we just did it!
I sat repeating her words,as I was told,and the odd piece that my hands were on began to move around the board. It spelled out the words;accident,dead,then passed over the word Good Bye and stopped. She took the board,placed it back in the box and told us girls it was time to go to bed. Before I fell asleep I remember laying there wondering what kind of a game we had just played.
It was sometime later when our mother came into our room and woke us up,telling us that we had to go and pick our step-dad up. Rather than driving to the terminal to get him,she drove to the hospital. She left us in the car while she went in,a few minutes later they came out. She drove us home and told us to go back to bed. It wasn't until the next day that we were told there had been an accident. He had been following a station wagon that took a quick left turn without having the turn signal flashing. He tried to break and keep the semi in control but it smashed into the car and killed the driver.
I will never forget that night when I sat in the dining room with my mother and that board.
Is the Ouija Board an object to fear or an object to respect or is it just an object?? I certainly don't fear it and I own three of them. It does,however,make one wonder.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times
I would never touch one again.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Could the Ouija Board I just bought be "haunted"? (spirits, activity)
Have you had a look at this thread we had a while ago?
Thank You for bringing this Thread to my attention....I found many of the posts to be quite interesting!!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:33 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW666 View Post
Every coin has two sides....the Ouija Board is an object that is made in a factory. Is it actually something that we should fear? Or the flip side of the coin; is it actually something that we should respect? Anyone have any experiences with the Ouija Board?
The ouija board does not have two sides. Yes it's an object mage by a toy company. However, you do not need "Hasbro" or "Parker Brothers" to make one for you.

Curious? Ger a Sharpie and a piece of cardboard. Do it yourself!

No you will not contact great Aunt Bertha - you will contact something and most probably it will be a dicarnate spirit, or a spirit that has never been human.

And it won't leave when you want it to. It may never leave. Or.
When it does it may take you.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I would never touch one again.
What happened when you touched one before? I have never used one, but I have a healthy respect for them; enough that I want nothing to do with them. Maybe that's silly, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The ouija board does not have two sides. Yes it's an object mage by a toy company. However, you do not need "Hasbro" or "Parker Brothers" to make one for you.

Curious? Ger a Sharpie and a piece of cardboard. Do it yourself!

No you will not contact great Aunt Bertha - you will contact something and most probably it will be a dicarnate spirit, or a spirit that has never been human.

And it won't leave when you want it to. It may never leave. Or.
When it does it may take you.
Interesting,Thank You!! I may try that. Any ideas on how to make the planchette?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal