Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:55 AM

577 posts, read 494,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
One time I came close to being killed from the small vibration produced by a chainsaw. I was harvesting firewood three miles back into the deep woods by myself. I just started to cut a dead tree when my peripheral vision caught sight of something coming at me. I immediately raised my hand to cover my head (I did not have a hard hat on). At the second my hand hit my head a four inch thick limb hit my head. The angle of my forearm diverted the force of the limb that still left me dazed. The chainsaw did not cut one inch into the tree; but that little bit of vibration was enough to release that limb that would have probably fallen the next windstorm.

Houses do settle over time. Sometimes we see the cracks in the sheetrock walls or concrete/cinderblock walls. The forces will build up over time and do not need a lot of pressure to release them.

Of course this is speculation; but I have heard many 'stomp sounds' from my own forty year old house. Most happen on very, very, cold nights; but not all.
Glad to read the falling limb event did not end up badly for you...

Continuing on now. I started working in the home building/electrical industry in 1970 just two days after I graduated high school. So with 1992 being the year of my "event" being discussed here, my "surroundings" audible identification skills by then... were fairly well fine tuned.

And I can assure everyone that I can tell the difference between a "stomp" sound on the floor right above my head, and the sounds of a stressed building component moving or settling. I have many times in the old houses where I have lived heard where the stair headers would "pop" and crack occasionally from the change of humidity in the house or the load bearing capacity of the header/beam was gradually being compromised.

And the old doorways would crack the plaster on either side of the header trim casings as they sunk downward gradually slowly over the years. All because the framing carpenters did not double up the floor joists under the wall the door sit in, that ran parallel to the joists . The weight of the whole heavy plastered wall would be pushing the sub flooring downward, right in between the joists = cracking plaster on top of the door.

Attached is the pic of our first homes kitchen and on it, and I have noted where the sound came from on the floor. About where I was standing under it while not moving for a bit, when I heard the "stomp" above me. So let us now just call this "stomp" event.... a "draw" for us and move on.

So next, I'll post another "event" that happened to me in our first home, that maybe can be explained for me.

Last edited by greglovesoldtrucks; 04-04-2019 at 04:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2019, 12:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Interesting theory, but I would think it would be the exact opposite because you would be known around the world and if anything happened to you, people would immediately look at the government. Think of it similar to what Leah Remini has done exposing Scientology, of course the Church of Scientology wants her to go away, maybe even "accidentally" killed, but she knows (everybody knows) if anything whatsoever happens to her, people will immediately think that the Church did it.
I dont think so, because majority of people would never believe someone actually had an ability in the first place, even if they saw videos on the internet, etc, they would say its all faked.

I believe people that do have these abilities prefer to keep it to themselves.

Old 04-03-2019, 01:33 PM

577 posts, read 494,494 times
In our first home after we moved in we found out quickly the stairs to the basement were too steep. Plus, ones foot could barely fit on the stair tread well, as they were not deep enough. So I tore the old stairs out and installed a new set with a nice, 7.500 inch riser and a 11.250 inch deep tread.

But to do so, first I had to cut out the bottom of the kitchen pantry floor that sat centered right over the stairs going to the basement. I installed a new pantry floor that I beveled upward, just to get the required headroom clearance needed, as one walked down the stairs. Getting knots and bruises on one forehead, is not any fun.

Every time I would enter the pantry to get a measurement or to Sawzall out a board/install a board, I would shut the door gently when I left. Just to try to keep down any dust in the pantry from circulating throughout the house.

I had the HVAC for our house turned off, so it would not get dust sucked in to it and circulate it. I had my sawhorses set up outside on the driveway where I was doing all my cutting for the framing. All the homes windows and doors were closed to help prevent any excessive dust circulating.

The Chow dog and I, were the only living beings in the house while I was doing this pantry project.

I worked in the pantry for at least 1.5 hours and each time I left to go cut a board, I would close its door gently. It would close smoothly and latch up nicely, as any properly adjusted door will. I probably opened and shut the pantry door at least 10 times while raising the floor in it. Every one of those times, it shut nicely for me.

I installed the last piece of wood trim in the newly beveled pantry floor and then stepped out of it. As I had been doing for the passed hour and a half, I grabbed the pantry door knob and started to close it gently.

Just as started closing the door, instantly a "force" shoved the door HARD closed. The doorknob was almost yanked out of my hand literally, as the door slammed shut on its own and with my arm moving fast with it, as I hung on to the knob. And it happened in less than probably a hundred of a second maybe.

And just like the "stomp", the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I got some serious "goose bumps" on my arms. Because when this happens to people, I for one believe "something" inside of us is telling us, that "something" is just not right.

I had done NOTHING in my work pattern or to our homes air flow (like opened a window or door, etc) that would have caused the door to be pushed closed hard, like it did.

A rough sketch is attached to show what I was doing to the pantry floor. Now that I think back on our first home, whenever I worked on outside projects like the pic of me building our hot tub deck, I never had any of these strange "events" happen to me. They only happened inside the house.

I have two more "events" left to go Fisheye, that I need help trying to figure out what happened in our first home. So bear with me here please, and I am saving the best one for last.

Last edited by greglovesoldtrucks; 04-04-2019 at 04:27 AM..

Old 04-03-2019, 01:34 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think so, because majority of people would never believe someone actually had an ability in the first place, even if they saw videos on the internet, etc, they would say its all faked.

I believe people that do have these abilities prefer to keep it to themselves.
Obviously, with my statement and scenario I'm assuming that the person or persons with these "special powers" were scientifically proven. Of course, people will doubt, like myself, if it wasn't proven beyond rigorous scientific testing!

Old 04-03-2019, 06:26 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I just saw this story on the Weather Channel: https://weather.com/news/news/2019-0...nctuaries-list. I have to ask if that is the area where you had your experience?

No. Massacre Rim is quite a ways North and West of where we were. The incident that took place there is not an historical Indian Wars event and when people do run across it in print they mistake it for Se Te Cah cave. Way South down by Lovelock. WAY pre US Cavalry. My apologies but I decline to be more specific. I could give you latitude and longitude but I won't be responsible for someone taking that and going there themselves to prove me wrong and overly imaginative.

This was a troop (light company strength) of the 1st US Under command of Gen. Hays if memory serves. There were only maybe a dozen or so survivors so the tale goes who sheltered in the cave . And they died most brutally. I'm not a superstitious sort. I don't read my horoscope and trust to my own eyes ears and feelings. That being said not everything is black and white.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Obviously, with my statement and scenario I'm assuming that the person or persons with these "special powers" were scientifically proven. Of course, people will doubt, like myself, if it wasn't proven beyond rigorous scientific testing!
Personally, Ive always wondered about the young kids that were used in the old project MK Ultra back in the 60s and 70s, they would be middle aged adults today, who knows what abilities they have retained since those days?!!

Its interesting that the official claim is most of the records of MKU were destroyed by fire years ago, but I have to imagine they keep tabs on some of these people, those were involved in the more bizarre subprojects anyway, like developing telekinesis!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal