Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:38 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
How can anyone prove the supernatural? It's not like you can capture a spirit or something ad put it in a cage. Pictures and video are always labeled as doctored so that doesn't work. I'd say the highest percentage of paranormal experience only involves one person as well. I have been alone for all but one in the ones I've had.

The one where a friend was with me had us both pretty freaked out. We were out in the middle of no and where in a place the local Indians won't go. And we found out why and got the hell out of there. There was Power there. I'd take "Amazing Randi" there but a team of Clydesdales couldn't drag me back there. Some things are better left be.

great post this is what I've been trying to say!

experienced something similar to yours.

my friend went back with her friend.did have a really scary experience but she needed to have a secondary experience to accept the first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 01:50 AM

1,487 posts, read 782,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
One of our store managers has the ability to see spirits of people that have died. I remember the first time we talked about this, she described an older man with a salt and pepper colored beard, she said he was walking around inside the store, and looked like he was doing different job duties around the store, that he had done before he died, its interesting because this man died inside the store of a heart attack about 6 months before this.

From what she has described about him and other spirits she sees, it sound like many people that have died...do not realize they are dead, of course Im not sure that they can recognize the living either, I would guess they would probably think something is weird if no one will notice them or talk to them, but who knows?!

I also have to admit, its a little frightening to think some of these peoples spirits, are not at rest!
I've thought about this too, bcuz I've seen a spirit. What's weird is that you have all this color around you, and the spirit is this charcoal gray against a backdrop of color, like a pencil drawing come to life.
Anyway, you know how people who have gone through near death experiences say they feel themselves "letting go"? Everyone who has gone through this says the same thing. They have to let go of earthly possessions, people, thoughts, etc... Well I think there are people who won't let go, and I think those people have to wait until Jesus comes for them. Maybe that is what is meant by coming to judge the living and the dead.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:28 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
I've thought about this too, bcuz I've seen a spirit. What's weird is that you have all this color around you, and the spirit is this charcoal gray against a backdrop of color, like a pencil drawing come to life.
Anyway, you know how people who have gone through near death experiences say they feel themselves "letting go"? Everyone who has gone through this says the same thing. They have to let go of earthly possessions, people, thoughts, etc... Well I think there are people who won't let go, and I think those people have to wait until Jesus comes for them. Maybe that is what is meant by coming to judge the living and the dead.
I find it hard to believe someone who has died does not realize they are dead, surely they would know something is wrong when no one will talk to them, answer them, etc?

Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe someone who has died does not realize they are dead, surely they would know something is wrong when no one will talk to them, answer them, etc?
I don't know, did you see Beetlejuice or the The Sixth Sense!

Old 03-26-2019, 08:51 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post

my friend went back with her friend.did have a really scary experience but she needed to have a secondary experience to accept the first

My buddy and I needed no second experience. One was plenty. Going back would have been pushing it. I believe we were merely warned but it was a stern warning. Sent via means that were just plumb scary. I talked to an Indian buddy of mine about it and he was shocked we even went there. He explained the meaning behind some of the signs we were given and I won't ever go back there again.

This place belongs to Power. For a good reason methinks.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
How can anyone prove the supernatural? It's not like you can capture a spirit or something ad put it in a cage. Pictures and video are always labeled as doctored so that doesn't work. I'd say the highest percentage of paranormal experience only involves one person as well. I have been alone for all but one in the ones I've had.

The one where a friend was with me had us both pretty freaked out. We were out in the middle of no and where in a place the local Indians won't go. And we found out why and got the hell out of there. There was Power there. I'd take "Amazing Randi" there but a team of Clydesdales couldn't drag me back there. Some things are better left be.
I would love to hear the details of this incident?!

Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I would love to hear the details of this incident?!

Ok. I'll spill. This happened in a place way up North here. The Indians and a troop of cavalry had a really bloody battle there. The Indians won but there final solution was pretty harsh. The troopers were bottled up in a cave and the Indians burned out the cave with the troopers in it. Since that they don't go there. The area is hard to get to , very remote and they consider it a Power place.

Restless spirits, a spirit disapproval of what they did there. That's a short summary but it will do for now. We went up there with the intention of finding the cave. When we got close to we were going to proceed on foot this horse popped up out of nowhere. Coal black stud. Beautiful animal. He paced the truck for just a bit and then left. OK, that was cool.

We got to the old river bed where we had decided was a good place to hike in geared up and went on up it. My dog did act nervous and sort of balked a bit but he followed me. About maybe a mile in we looked up at the rim and that horse was back. He stuck with us paralleling our course. OK getting weird. Then we ran smack dab into this place in a boulder field that was just covered in these huge whirlpool spider webs. The horse was still there watching us. This was wild as in my whole life I NV I had never seen spiders that built such webs. We decided to jiggle one of them to see if anyone was home and the biggest spider I had ever seen I a web came out. The really weird part was the other webs reacted as well. All the spiders came out.

They were huge. Black and grey and there was really no way to get through without getting uncomfortably close to them. All the while that coal black stud just stood on the rim watching. Ok this just ain't cool. We turned back. At this point my dog was in a state. He stuck to me like glue. Not normal for him when out in the scrub. He would usually be at least a couple hundred yards ahead. He was spooked and so were we.

All the while that horse stayed with us. About halfway back we found our trail blocked by the biggest rattlesnake I have ever seen in this state. Our rattlers just don't get that big. He coiled up and buzzed and we just didn't move. After a bit he just slithered off and we got back to the truck all the while with that horse watching, and got the hell out of there with our hair standing on end. I believe if we had tried to go further than we did bad things would have happened. That horse was warning us and the spiders and the snake were also warnings. Don't go there.

We listened. I've never been back up that way since. Not into that area. It's close to the Summit lake reservation. Right on the border actually. Past the border non tribal members have to stay on the road. No walking anywhere. It's a plumb spooky place and I'll never go back.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post

LOL, ain't it funny how some people are wired that way. Neither my buddy or me needed any more prodding to get the message. The whole thing was just too weird. The horse , the spiders and the snake. 3 strikes were outa here!

Old 03-31-2019, 06:13 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
LOL, ain't it funny how some people are wired that way. Neither my buddy or me needed any more prodding to get the message. The whole thing was just too weird. The horse , the spiders and the snake. 3 strikes were outa here!
I am not trying to take away from what you describe as a paranormal experience; but that was your reaction to the stimulus.

Before all of our newer PA regulations protecting rattlesnakes; many would have been happy to find a large snake. Some still are happy just to take pictures and document that snake. I don't know how big the one was that you saw; but I have seen five foot long rattlesnakes that were as fat as my forearm.

As far as the unusual spider webs; some would want to study them and find out if it was a new species.

The horse could have belonged to somebody or had been around humans. Maybe it was just curious?

The good thing is that you survived your experience. Had you actually located the cave, that you sought out, it could have ended badly for you and your friend; we will never know.

20 of us own several hundred acres that is surrounded by thousands of uninhabited wilderness acres. There is a known rattlesnake den only about half a mile from the entrance to our property. Before he died an old timer in our camp told us of an Indian cave he found as an old horse logger close to the rattlesnake dens. I don't know the history of the cave; but he told us that there was pottery left behind. We have many rattlesnakes on our property; I never had the urge to go poking around in a cave where I knew they lived! At one time there were rattlesnake hunters that used to go to that territory all the time; but never a mention of finding any cave.

Old 03-31-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am not trying to take away from what you describe as a paranormal experience; but that was your reaction to the stimulus.

Before all of our newer PA regulations protecting rattlesnakes; many would have been happy to find a large snake. Some still are happy just to take pictures and document that snake. I don't know how big the one was that you saw; but I have seen five foot long rattlesnakes that were as fat as my forearm.

As far as the unusual spider webs; some would want to study them and find out if it was a new species.

The horse could have belonged to somebody or had been around humans. Maybe it was just curious?

The good thing is that you survived your experience. Had you actually located the cave, that you sought out, it could have ended badly for you and your friend; we will never know.

20 of us own several hundred acres that is surrounded by thousands of uninhabited wilderness acres. There is a known rattlesnake den only about half a mile from the entrance to our property. Before he died an old timer in our camp told us of an Indian cave he found as an old horse logger close to the rattlesnake dens. I don't know the history of the cave; but he told us that there was pottery left behind. We have many rattlesnakes on our property; I never had the urge to go poking around in a cave where I knew they lived! At one time there were rattlesnake hunters that used to go to that territory all the time; but never a mention of finding any cave.

The snake was huge. He looked like a TX Diamond back. Our rattlers in NV just don't get that big. 3 foots a big one. This one was an easy 5 and fat like you described. And the way he acted all we could see was another warning. The spiders were just flat jaw dropping and the way they reacted to disturbing one web was scary. Spiders came out all over the place and they were quite large. But spooky fast. Never have I seen such spiders anywhere else in my lifetime in NV. The whirlpool webs were 4 feet plus across and spun solidly.

It is quite unlikely the horse was tamed in any way. There are no humans anywhere out there except some 40 or so miles away on the reservation living area. He was quite wild, but also quite healthy. An absolutely beautiful animal shook out of some movie. And the way he watched us and all our other encounters and the feeling that was in the air....it seemed as if he was orchestrating things. The overseer. I can't even imagine what finding the cave would be like. If you could get that far. I guess you kinda had to be there. There was a Power feeling in the air.

When I talked to my Indian buddies about it and described what happened they said the same thing about the signs that we took away from the encounter and said we were lucky. Nope. Couldn't drag me back there with a D11 Cat dozer. Were the spiders a "new species." Ummm, I'd certainly call them unique. But I pity the poor fool who goes in there to study them. I don't think they would stand for that. They answer to a master. A master I don't ever want to meet. The troopers who died in the cave and the Indians who were killed there can rest in peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal