Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:56 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

'Area 51: An Uncensored History': Journalist shares photos connected to the infamous Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as she claims it was hoax designed by Soviet Union and Joseph Stalin.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-claims.html

So was Roswell real or just a hoax created by the Soviet Union and Stalin? Or?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 10:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
'Area 51: An Uncensored History': Journalist shares photos connected to the infamous Roswell UFO Incident of 1947 as she claims it was hoax designed by Soviet Union and Joseph Stalin.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-claims.html

So was Roswell real or just a hoax created by the Soviet Union and Stalin? Or?
The Russians get better pictures of Area 51 than we do: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-by-of-area-51. Perhaps they want to make sure the rumor they started did not get out of control?

I liked the historic pictures in your link; I was thinking about posting that link and you beat me to it!

To me it's hard to say exactly what happened. It could have been a real crash site, a classified crash site of a top secret weather balloon or spy plane, Russian disinformation, or simply US disinformation to hide the real truth behind their classified projects?

Old 04-07-2019, 02:03 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,516,147 times
I think the article is a bunch of malarkey. I'm not sure how she could link the 1947 Roswell incident (if there was one) with Area 51, since Area 51 didn't come into existence until 1955 or so.

Regarding the Russian flyovers ... I'm sure the folks at 51 pulled everything inside hangars before the Russians were allowed to photograph the place, just as they always have. They didn't have to worry about aerial photography until the 60s when satellites were orbited. At that time, they'd pull things inside, but as I recall at some point they didn't account for residual heat signatures that would show up on IR satellite pictures. They quickly learned that lesson.

The linked article also said that Lazar refered to the flying discs as "Martian". Even though Lazar, in my opinion, either has a very good imagination or is trying to deceive, but I don't think even he would refer to whatever he saw as Martian.

I don't think I'd waste a lot of money buying that book.

Old 04-07-2019, 02:06 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I think the article is a bunch of malarkey. I'm not sure how she could link the 1947 Roswell incident (if there was one) with Area 51, since Area 51 didn't come into existence until 1955 or so.

Regarding the Russian flyovers ... I'm sure the folks at 51 pulled everything inside hangars before the Russians were allowed to photograph the place, just as they always have. They didn't have to worry about aerial photography until the 60s when satellites were orbited. At that time, they'd pull things inside, but as I recall at some point they didn't account for residual heat signatures that would show up on IR satellite pictures. They quickly learned that lesson.

The linked article also said that Lazar refered to the flying discs as "Martian". Even though Lazar, in my opinion, either has a very good imagination or is trying to deceive, but I don't think even he would refer to whatever he saw as Martian.

I don't think I'd waste a lot of money buying that book.
Even though we pull things into the hangers; I still bet the Russians have better pictures than we do!

Old 04-07-2019, 09:27 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The Russians get better pictures of Area 51 than we do: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-by-of-area-51. Perhaps they want to make sure the rumor they started did not get out of control?

I liked the historic pictures in your link; I was thinking about posting that link and you beat me to it!

To me it's hard to say exactly what happened. It could have been a real crash site, a classified crash site of a top secret weather balloon or spy plane, Russian disinformation, or simply US disinformation to hide the real truth behind their classified projects?

I would lean towards some secret government answer than an alien crash site. Same for Area 51 as far as a testing area not alien related. And I say so for the lack of photos or physical evidence that would prove that there are aliens here.

And of course Russia wants to know what we are doing at Area 51. Heck I do too.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:05 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would lean towards some secret government answer than an alien crash site. Same for Area 51 as far as a testing area not alien related. And I say so for the lack of photos or physical evidence that would prove that there are aliens here.

And of course Russia wants to know what we are doing at Area 51. Heck I do too.
Fake news. More BS. Soviets involved? No.

I do know according to Phillip Corso's book "The Day after Roswell" ..that we were totally paranoid about the Soviets getting wind of the recovery. The Army did everything in their power to keep the newly created CIA away from anything crash related because they knew the CIA and KGB were so intertwined with double agents that as soon as the CIA knew, Russia knew. Eventually the Russkies knew and one reason we have not gone to blows over the years is that there are ..mmm... call them deep state folk on both sides that know we are being observed. They decided not to let the public know because basically on an individual basis, the fact we are not alone doesn't affect a person much but mob mentality is what they fear. But back to the story, total crap. Probably from Russia anyway.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:02 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
The article is nonsense of course, and it didn't really discuss Roswell at all, but much more about Groom Lake/Area 51 (which wasn't established until 1955).

Back in 1947, the USSR, still rebuilding from the devastation of World War II, had bigger concerns than creating a UFO incident. That's just silly. They were focused on securing the Eastern Communist Block (Berlin Blockade, Greek Civil War, etc), securing Nazi technology (which, I can't believe I have to add this - did NOT include alien technology, but jet aircraft and rockets technology), and developing nuclear weapons based on it's spy network in the US. And yes, stealing nuclear technology was just a bit more important than creating a UFO hoax in Roswell.

To answer your question of 2 options: was Roswell real OR was it a Russian hoax.
Have you considered the third option that 99% of the population has now accepted? - Roswell was simply a crashed nuclear testing device. Roswell was not real in terms of alien spacecraft, it was never real, and has been thoroughly and exhuastingly debunked and has turned into an entertaining folk legend.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Whats interesting about the Roswell incident, newspaper articles that mentioned 'flying saucers' had been published here and there long before Roswell, but for some reason, Roswell was the changing point, when they decided to start suppressing this topic. I have a feeling this is when 'official first contact' happened, and once they learned more about these things, they felt it was best to suppress from here on out.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:12 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,899,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whats interesting about the Roswell incident, newspaper articles that mentioned 'flying saucers' had been published here and there long before Roswell, but for some reason, Roswell was the changing point, when they decided to start suppressing this topic. I have a feeling this is when 'official first contact' happened, and once they learned more about these things, they felt it was best to suppress from here on out.
It was suppressed because it was a nuclear test related crash and then the USAF originally created some cockamaney story to cover up the crash, and the original coverup was so bad and poorly handled that it lead to even a crazier story about UFOs. The nuclear testing program was called Project Mogul (look it up).
In regards to "first contact" - it's been debunked so many times and so conclusively that I don't know where to begin.
For Roswell there is an entertaining museum around it. I love it, it's like a living breathing bad campy 50s B move sci-fi movie, and hey you can take dogs in.

Old 04-08-2019, 02:26 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It was suppressed because it was a nuclear test related crash and then the USAF originally created some cockamaney story to cover up the crash, and the original coverup was so bad and poorly handled that it lead to even a crazier story about UFOs. The nuclear testing program was called Project Mogul (look it up).
In regards to "first contact" - it's been debunked so many times and so conclusively that I don't know where to begin.
For Roswell there is an entertaining museum around it. I love it, it's like a living breathing bad campy 50s B move sci-fi movie, and hey you can take dogs in.
Debunked? Says who? Some people would probably claim their reputations on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal