Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 08:37 PM

72 posts, read 58,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design52 View Post
Sorry to revive a necro-thread. I've been on City Data for a while, but didn't know this sort of thing was discussed.

I'm the guy that saw the thing in question. I won't call it an "object" because that wasn't what it appeared to be. To me it looked more like, the "absence of everything", and not a "something". I tried to explain it that way to Peter Davenport when he phone interviewed me, but he still ended up calling it an object (which is simply not correct). Whatever though.

I still don't like going in that area of the yard. It happened to me about this time of year which brings up the memory of it so I surf a bit which is how I happened on this thread. If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Are you familiar with the book "Journeys out of the Body" by Robert Monroe? (The topic is astral projection.) There is a chapter where he describes a sort of portal opening, and when he looks into the portal he finds himself gazing into a vast, black area of infinite nothingness. He says he is looking into a different dimension. Does this sound similar to what you experienced?

This is what your report made me think of. That part of the book has always stuck with me due to the eerie feeling it gave me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2023, 07:08 AM

14 posts, read 18,776 times
Yes, that's exactly what I experienced. Infinite blackness, the most incredible lack of everything you can imagine.

Thanks for the reference, I'll look into it. I don't care what it was I saw, how fantastic or mundane, I'd just like to have an explanation and know the truth about it. I expect I never will though.

I can tell you though, that the world you see before you is not all it appears to be. Honestly I wish I'd never seen it, I was perfectly happy without the experience. It's not something I ever want to see again.

Last edited by Design52; 07-23-2023 at 07:42 AM..

Old 08-08-2023, 07:12 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Maybe there are things/beings which do NOT reflect light to us? That would appear as a dark mass which may or may not have an outline. After all, there ARE shadow people, maybe there are shadow things/animals/clouds/etc Maybe we dont even know what these things are which dont reflect light.

Really, we humans are very specific to our 5 senses and do not generally acknowledge the other things around us which vibrate in other areas of the EM spectrum. However, there are people who are sensitive to those vibrations and we call them mediums. Not all mediums are sensitive to the same section of the EM spectrum so some are sensitive to seeing ghosties, some are sensitive to feelings, some are sensitive to health/human body vibrations, there are all kinds of possibilities and we (our science) really dont know much about our world yet.

Old 08-08-2023, 12:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I experienced. Infinite blackness, the most incredible lack of everything you can imagine.

Thanks for the reference, I'll look into it. I don't care what it was I saw, how fantastic or mundane, I'd just like to have an explanation and know the truth about it. I expect I never will though.

I can tell you though, that the world you see before you is not all it appears to be. Honestly I wish I'd never seen it, I was perfectly happy without the experience. It's not something I ever want to see again.
Thanks for dropping in for the update.

Old 08-10-2023, 05:32 PM

14 posts, read 18,776 times
>> Thanks for dropping in for the update.

Just trying to understand the world around me and humanity's place in the universe. Hard to believe it happened four years ago; I can still see it, and all the hair stands up on my body when I talk about it to the one or two friends I trust that know I'm not a nut.

Exciting to see more information coming forward lately about these things, maybe I'll get an explanation before I move on.

Old 08-10-2023, 06:59 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
>> Thanks for dropping in for the update.

Just trying to understand the world around me and humanity's place in the universe. Hard to believe it happened four years ago; I can still see it, and all the hair stands up on my body when I talk about it to the one or two friends I trust that know I'm not a nut.

Exciting to see more information coming forward lately about these things, maybe I'll get an explanation before I move on.
Doesn't physics have an explanation for it? Parallel universes, blah blah? Wormholes? Maybe it's normal, but no one has actually seen one up close like that; the phenomenon has remained in the realm of theoretical physics so far. You just happen to have seen one.

You could call the Institute for Noetic Sciences in Marin County, CA, and tell them your story, see if they have an explanation for it. They're into exploring the frontiers of science.The Institute was started by one of the astronauts who had some kind of a spiritual or other type of unusual experience out in space, gazing back at the Earth.

Old 08-12-2023, 10:23 AM

In spite of many on here who think that Skinwalker Ranch is purely entertainment they (Skinwalker Ranch guys) are claiming to have possibly discovered a portal/wormhole as shown by LIDAR data. It is 'something' which has been "verified" by different data from different types of experiments they have done and always seem to get strange things happening arounf this same area over the Triangle.

I have a feeling that there are many areas of the country which have similar odd places and strange effects happening at those places. It would be consistent with portals/wormhole all over the country. I feel that we really dont understand or are aware of what we cannot see and we dont see what MAY be there.

All this coupled with the various reports of strange things happening by perfectly sane people makes me think it is very likely there IS something out there which needs to be discovered and investigated by science.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:59 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
In spite of many on here who think that Skinwalker Ranch is purely entertainment they (Skinwalker Ranch guys) are claiming to have possibly discovered a portal/wormhole as shown by LIDAR data. It is 'something' which has been "verified" by different data from different types of experiments they have done and always seem to get strange things happening arounf this same area over the Triangle.

I have a feeling that there are many areas of the country which have similar odd places and strange effects happening at those places. It would be consistent with portals/wormhole all over the country. I feel that we really dont understand or are aware of what we cannot see and we dont see what MAY be there.

All this coupled with the various reports of strange things happening by perfectly sane people makes me think it is very likely there IS something out there which needs to be discovered and investigated by science.
If there was really a portal/wormhole there it would have been on every tv/radio station on the planet since it would be the biggest news story to date. Since it was on make believe reality show only a few care/believe.

Old 08-13-2023, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812;65683463[B
]If there was really a portal/wormhole there it would have been on every tv/radio station on the planet since it would be the biggest news story to date[/b]. Since it was on make believe reality show only a few care/believe.

Yes, it's strange isn't it? haha
However, since you seem so knowlegable, how would you prove a portal or wormhole even existed?

Old 08-13-2023, 04:44 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes, it's strange isn't it? haha
However, since you seem so knowlegable, how would you prove a portal or wormhole even existed?
I am not knowledgeable on portals or wormholes. I am knowledgeable on fake for entertainment only reality TV shows like Skinwalker Ranch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal