Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 10:08 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Setting aside any personal beliefs, I'm wondering what a verified bigfoot carcass would get someone.

Somebody mentioned a couple million but frankly I think that is radically low.

The Netflix special alone, after having some scientists from like the Smithsonian etc. come public saying it's real, would have to be worth many many millions.

Then, just as an attraction people pay huge amounts to see special museum exhibits...$20 a ticket to see bigfoot remains and a bunch of other information would be an easy sell for years and years and years. 1000 people a day average shouldn't be hard, that would get you maybe 10k a day profit = 3.65million a year which has a present value at 5% interest of over $70million. Or cut those numbers in half and it's still worth $35million in present value.

Then there would be the *authentic* merchandising and various other rights.

In short, I think 100 million for a verified bigfoot corpse is not an impossible number to realize as a rough ball-park.

Just look what people pay for home run balls, paintings and so forth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 10:47 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Government would seize that **** up in a nanosecond "in the name of science".

Old 01-30-2020, 10:58 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You said.
reason 3 is simply being sarcastic. so why engage in this thread then

I agree. Sure makes me wonder about what some would do were we all just quit posting threads about BF etc. What kind of life do they actually live in?

TM told me that for some reason some people will die on a hill to argue one way or the other as to the existence of BF.
Yes. Bigfoot threads are the ones that cause the most thread closures on this board. And they devolve in the same way. If you guys quit posting Bigfoot threads, my job would be a lot easier, but this forum would be far less traveled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Suppose:: A guy shows up with a BF body and it has a human-looking face and covered with hair also. Any logical cop will look at it and think this just might be a man with that condition where they are covered with hair and I might just be looking at a homicide. The guy is then arrested. Just until we get this sorted out.

I wonder that were a person to submit some DNA and the test came back human.; would the test be considered contaminated?
No. Pretty much everything shares the same DNA. Humans, chimps and bonobo share 99% of the same DNA. Chickens and bananas share 60% of our DNA. There’s no reason at all that we wouldn’t share DNA with a Bigfoot. It’s the differences that count. Regardless if the test came back 100% human — then it needs to be repeated, and studied further. That’s the thing about science I don’t think people can understand. Doing something once is interesting, but once is not proof. Remember cold fusion? Somebody did it once — and no one can replicate it. Science is not a one and done thing. Results need to replicated, to be studied further, and expounded upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Because of forum rules there are a lot of very legitimate questions that should be asked but are not. Problem is people are now very sensitive and would get highly offended by a serious question.
Hmmm. As long as you aren’t being political, dirty, snarky or swearing, I can’t think of a question that would be offensive about Bigfoot. If you want to shoot me the questions I can tell you if they are okay to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I think the OP wanted the whole carcass. I imagine that would raise quite a stink for UPS or FedEx.
. You can’t ship an unprocessed carcass. You can ship a body via a funeral home. What funeral home will handle a shot Bigfoot?

Old 01-30-2020, 11:14 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You can’t ship an unprocessed carcass. You can ship a body via a funeral home. What funeral home will handle a shot Bigfoot?
Assuming Bigfoot is not a human, a funeral home might refuse it, but a taxidermist wouldn't.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Setting aside any personal beliefs, I'm wondering what a verified bigfoot carcass would get someone.

Somebody mentioned a couple million but frankly I think that is radically low.

The Netflix special alone, after having some scientists from like the Smithsonian etc. come public saying it's real, would have to be worth many many millions.

Then, just as an attraction people pay huge amounts to see special museum exhibits...$20 a ticket to see bigfoot remains and a bunch of other information would be an easy sell for years and years and years. 1000 people a day average shouldn't be hard, that would get you maybe 10k a day profit = 3.65million a year which has a present value at 5% interest of over $70million. Or cut those numbers in half and it's still worth $35million in present value.

Then there would be the *authentic* merchandising and various other rights.

In short, I think 100 million for a verified bigfoot corpse is not an impossible number to realize as a rough ball-park.

Just look what people pay for home run balls, paintings and so forth.
No question about it. It'd be a monster moneymaker.

Old 01-30-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The OP of this thread is offering you $10,000 just for some good DNA. With them running all over your area just scrape some up and take it to the local college. Maybe you could even send it to the ancestry companies and here is one for $49:
I was wrong. The OP did offer $10,000 for some DNA and $100,000 for the carcass. I stand corrected.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:05 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Assuming Bigfoot is not a human, a funeral home might refuse it, but a taxidermist wouldn't.
True, but I bet the process would render it useless for the scientific aspect.

Old 01-30-2020, 01:53 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
You can’t ship an unprocessed carcass. You can ship a body via a funeral home. What funeral home will handle a shot Bigfoot?
Would someone please call their local funeral home and ask how much it would cost to ship an 8 ft Bigfoot to Wyoming? Please record the call and share. I would, but I'm not technologically adept enough to record a live phone call.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:17 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Think about what is in the cojones would be worth.

Old 01-30-2020, 02:43 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Would someone please call their local funeral home and ask how much it would cost to ship an 8 ft Bigfoot to Wyoming? Please record the call and share. I would, but I'm not technologically adept enough to record a live phone call.
Before you record anybody you better make sure what the law is in your state or before you record get permission from everyone involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal