Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 08:05 AM

7 posts, read 9,550 times

Advertisements

What do you think of these apps, people say the messges they get are oddly specific, do you think it is a hoax app?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 08:27 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I think that beings we call ghosts or spirits are just an intelligent bunch of energy and when we find out what frequencies they move around in, we will be able to measure their world more. Until then maybe these instruments are just scratching the surface of their world.

I think if people do more investigation, we can possibly get more communication than a few words strung together - which is what we get now. That leaves so much to be guessed and so when we can have a proper conversation with them we will know and understand more about their world. I have heard of people doing research into this, but nothing appears to be available other than the EVP type machines which either make use of radio frequency bursts or reverb units to capture sounds from the spirits.

In my view, there is so much circumstancial evidence for other realities existing out there, that it is almost a no-brainer, but until more time is spent trying to figure it all out we will not get any closer to the answers to life, the Universe, and everything.

Cultofluna, what do you think?

Old 02-15-2021, 05:38 AM

I do believe there is more than we can see, specifically energy. I downloaded one of these apps and it seems to have different emf readings in different areas of the house. I am wondering if this is just a gimmick, as I didn't think phones have this technology available to pick up such signals and how an app could even put this technology in to use. What I considered is that the app gains access to personal information on mobile and uses it to gather somewhat relatable responses. Many people believe this app is the real deal.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:57 AM

1,161 posts, read 466,032 times
I know nothing about the apps, but I was an early member of the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena, now known as the Association TransCommunication, https://atransc.org/about-aaevp/. It's a very weird phenomenon in which some very serious researchers have been involved. I never really experimented with it, but if I were inclined to do so I'd stick with one of the recommended home setups (which aren't particularly expensive or sophisticated) rather than a phone app. I'm not inclined to do so because long experience with the paranormal tells me that when you actively seek spirit contact, you are treading in very dangerous waters.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:17 AM

My 3 year old was pointing out the patio doors in the back garden, saying there was a man, he did this 2 days in a row, then said the man has gone. I didn't get the idea this was negative as he was pulling at me urging me to go outside and see him. Kind of freaked me out, his eyes were fixated on something, but I saw nothing. I don't want to be in touch with spirits, I downloaded the app on a whim, seemed pretty gimmicky but I felt the need to try it anyway.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:18 AM

This event with my son was before I downloaded the app for clarification, i'm not insinuating it has anything to do with the app.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:39 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Does anyone think that it may be an electronic form of a Ouija Board?

Old 02-15-2021, 05:01 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
I used to have one (Ghost Radar) on my Kindle before it became a paid app. I would leave it on over night, one evening in the middle of a lot of unrelated words, I got "your" "husband" and "(my DH's name)".

Also, the apt. I live in used to be an infirmary in the 19th century. One day I turned it on and got the word "breathe". I asked "Did you have trouble breathing?" and the next word was "exactly". It was kind of interesting, not sure I am totally convinced by it however.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:33 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
There is no doubt that people who are interested in this stuff DO need to learn more about it and how to shield themselves from energies which may not be of benefit to us.

That protection may come in the form of a strong belief (religious or otherwise) in a protective energy around you. Occult knowledge has always suggested we have protection from these energies in order not to become influenced by them. Since we are all essentially energy beings, we can pick up and sense more than we realise. We all need to be responsible and that responsibility starts with informing ourselves as best we can, what we are dealing with.

Just like you would not give a loaded gun to a 4 year old, you need to be discerning about what games you play and what you play with.

Old 02-16-2021, 12:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,259 times
I have a quick question for anyone with any knowledge on the situation. I recorded a lengthy back and forth conversation with an entity in my house. Its plain as day on the recordings that I am talking to an intelligent thing. It lasted off and on for about 2 hrs. I told it that it was scaring me when it started singing children songs. I can share the recording and have a witness with some video but mostly audio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal