Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 08:04 AM

7 posts, read 9,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There is no doubt that people who are interested in this stuff DO need to learn more about it and how to shield themselves from energies which may not be of benefit to us.

That protection may come in the form of a strong belief (religious or otherwise) in a protective energy around you. Occult knowledge has always suggested we have protection from these energies in order not to become influenced by them. Since we are all essentially energy beings, we can pick up and sense more than we realise. We all need to be responsible and that responsibility starts with informing ourselves as best we can, what we are dealing with.

Just like you would not give a loaded gun to a 4 year old, you need to be discerning about what games you play and what you play with.
Do you personally think a phone app has the capability to pick up entities and decipher messages? I'm not entirely convinced. But it's pretty well designed app, i'll give them that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2021, 08:06 AM

7 posts, read 9,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesking697 View Post
I have a quick question for anyone with any knowledge on the situation. I recorded a lengthy back and forth conversation with an entity in my house. Its plain as day on the recordings that I am talking to an intelligent thing. It lasted off and on for about 2 hrs. I told it that it was scaring me when it started singing children songs. I can share the recording and have a witness with some video but mostly audio.
That sounds terrifying. What did you use to record?

Old 02-16-2021, 09:23 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times
I worked on the Gannon Stauch case with a group of psychics. Some of the women used EVP/EMF equipment (spirit box?) along with their phones.

One of the psychics didn't use them but she was extremely accurate. She found a location using Google Maps off of Hwy 83 & 105. She circled a spot & said "He's telling me he's there". She's an interpretive art psychic & was drawing pictures of open sky at night & two bodies of water close together. A child curled up on rocks.

Then a few days later she said "I think he's been moved. I don't think he's there anymore". She started drawing pictures of Pelicans & a suitcase. Pelicans in Colorado?

A few days later a woman using the EMP/EMF posted a video + audio recording of her most recent session. Clearly you could here: "Gannon ... Leticia. Cold ... my head hurts. Roses ... the Roses I am here. Bridge, water, suitcase. Leticia. Roses, workers, construction, I am there, water.."

Months later, the stepmother Leticia Stauch was arrested for the murder of Gannon. His body had been beaten; he died from blunt force trauma to the head. They determined that he had initially been dumped off of Hwy 83 & 105, onto some rocks in a ravine, by Palmer Lake & Monument Lake; two lakes that are close together.

Leticia had gone back to retrieve the body a few days later, stuffed it into a suitcase & drove to Florida, where she threw his body in the suitcase over a bridge into the water, in Santa Rosa County, where it was found by workers doing road construction nearby.

Old 02-16-2021, 10:09 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
A mobile phone and anything running on it uses energy/frequencies to give us what we want. 3G/4G/5G are all different frequencies and harmonics of those frequencies go up and down the scale like wave crests. Whether it works the same way as a ouija board is beyond me.

The apps or programs only use the frequencies it receives to tie into a list of words which it strings together (or not), there is no other way it could work as far as I can see. I dont think the spirits make up a transmission like a radio station does because it they did, then we could have proper two-way communication and we dont get that yet. Maybe this is because we have not found an aerial and a way to receive their transmissions.

I think this receiving the frequency and that producing a word is rather like a second-hand conversation with a medium. spirit message=>medium=>client/sitter

Old 02-16-2021, 11:30 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,596,551 times
Quote:
A mobile phone and anything running on it uses energy/frequencies to give us what we want. 3G/4G/5G are all different frequencies and harmonics of those frequencies go up and down the scale like wave crests. Whether it works the same way as a ouija board is beyond me.

The apps or programs only use the frequencies it receives to tie into a list of words which it strings together (or not), there is no other way it could work as far as I can see. I dont think the spirits make up a transmission like a radio station does because it they did, then we could have proper two-way communication and we dont get that yet. Maybe this is because we have not found an aerial and a way to receive their transmissions.

I think this receiving the frequency and that producing a word is rather like a second-hand conversation with a medium. spirit message=>medium=>client/sitter
I believe that anyone with psychic abilities has pickup irrespective of associated gadgets. Psychics of a variety of species existed for millions of years before the age of gadgetry.

Old 02-17-2021, 05:20 PM

Lots of people say we all have this ability but due to the modern world and the electronic and other gizmos in it, we have lost it.

If you think about it, the ancients had nothing else to occupy their mind other than what was going on in their surroundings. They had no news services, no newspapers, no iPhones, etc so they had to pay attention to their environment to survive and to understand the seasons. They lived very close to the land and the Earth, so it was a natural thing for them to notice all these things as they went about on foot or on horseback.

If we trained our children to accept seeing 'invisible friends', ghosts, etc and told them that dreams were just another part of their reality, then we would have a new generation of psychics who could see the things we cannot see. The trouble is that there are few people who can teach this kind of thing properly and yet there are still many who see strange stuff and think they are going mad by seeing strange beasts. Our culture denies it all and kids learn through experience that it is unacceptable to speak/see/experience these things in our current culture. They want to fit in, they dont want to be freaks talking about things other people cannot see.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cultofluna View Post
That sounds terrifying. What did you use to record?
I used an android phone. Just a recorder app but it picked everything up. It began as quit whispers then just like gibberish. After awhile I was getting full sentences from a little girl. At least thats what it sounds like. When I said it was scaring me and asked it to leave it argued with me so I threw salt in every inch of my house.

Old 03-03-2021, 01:50 PM

8,548 posts, read 10,969,065 times
Quote:

When I first started recording in 1992, I did not have any real "fancy equipment" like digital recorders, cell phones etc.
My equipment consisted of a duel cassette recorder, a set of headphones, a microphone, and a radio.(and a lot of patience).
The way it worked, still baffles me to this day.
The cassette recorder and microphone were connected together, as well as the headset.
The radio was separate from all these components, sharing absolutely no connection whatsoever.

The radio was turned on, and set to a blank station( one not broadcasting) and the volume turned down to it's lowest level.
When recording, I would ask a few questions, waiting ten or fifteen seconds before asking another question.
On playback one could hear me asking the questions, and if there was an answer, you could hear that answer.

How the voices were picked up by the radio, and transmitted into the cassette tape(which again, was not connected to the radio in any way) is still a mystery to me.
In later years I turned to reel to reel recording, and the receiver plugged into the tape player was the instrument by which the voices were picked up.

I had many. many contacts over the years through EVP.

One thing I did learn through a phone conversation with Sarah Estep, as well as the spirits themselves was, spirits use a lot of energy when communicating with us, so they only speak for short times, usually a session lasting no more than five or ten minutes at the most.
One poster stated a conversation lasting a couple of hours, and from my knowledge, that would be next to impossible.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:01 AM

Do we have any electronics engineers or electonics hobbyists on here? I ask because I have an idea which may be a slightly different way to pick up these voices.

If we had 3 (or more) sensitive microphones connected to the same input line, they should all pick up the same sound right? Well, if we compared each channel with each of the other ones(using a microcontroller program), then we might get spirits coming through on one channel only. It would need to be balanced so that each mic received the same sounds at the same volume and then any anomaly in any one of the 3 mics would be the spirits talking.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:19 AM

1,386 posts, read 998,790 times
I briefly watched a show on Travel Channel called "Ghost Brothers." They were checking out a haunted house and one of the guys pulls out his phone to access his "EVP app." I groaned and said, "REALLY?" There's an app for that as well?? Needless to say, I didn't watch the show for very long....

--
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal