Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 09:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You have the same problem with a suit as you do with your Big Foot sounds, you have no proof that either the sounds or the costume came from or looks like Big Foot. We have no Big Foot to study. We have none in captivity and no dead bodies. You are basing all of your knowledge of BF on something you cannot prove.
We may not know conclusively what these things look like, but Im positive I have a general idea, (based on 10s of 1000s of witness reports).

Besides that, the test would be how the dogs reacted to seeing 'such a thing'...

If one or two or three reacted timidly or frightened, and other dogs didnt react in any noticeable way...it could be concluded that dogs do not instinctively know to be scared of these things...

However, if ALL dogs that saw me in this 'costume' reacted in the SAME EXACT WAY, that, in itself is significant.

Im thinking now, that maybe deer would be better to test this on, instead of dogs, but unfortunately I expect, ALL deer would be timid and frightened, no matter if I was wearing a suit or not!...(playing the 2 different howling sources may still work with deer though).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 11:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We may not know conclusively what these things look like, but Im positive I have a general idea, (based on 10s of 1000s of witness reports).

Besides that, the test would be how the dogs reacted to seeing 'such a thing'...

If one or two or three reacted timidly or frightened, and other dogs didnt react in any noticeable way...it could be concluded that dogs do not instinctively know to be scared of these things...

However, if ALL dogs that saw me in this 'costume' reacted in the SAME EXACT WAY, that, in itself is significant.

Im thinking now, that maybe deer would be better to test this on, instead of dogs, but unfortunately I expect, ALL deer would be timid and frightened, no matter if I was wearing a suit or not!...(playing the 2 different howling sources may still work with deer though).
I do not see what would be gained. You cannot prove that sounds are those of BF or what a BF actually looks like because nobody has ever found one that cooperates for weighting, measuring and vocal samples. `

I just can't see how you take no proof and use dogs or deer and then claim proof? It's like you have finally accepted that Big Foot and Dogman aren't real so I will personally make up goofy proof that they are real!

Old 02-25-2021, 10:40 PM

Quote:
I do not see what would be gained. You cannot prove that sounds are those of BF or what a BF actually looks like because nobody has ever found one that cooperates for weighting, measuring and vocal samples. `

I just can't see how you take no proof and use dogs or deer and then claim proof? It's like you have finally accepted that Big Foot and Dogman aren't real so I will personally make up goofy proof that they are real!
RIGHT...I cannot prove those howling sounds are from a Bigfoot/Dogman...BUT...if i can show that all dogs I test it on...react in a specific way...versus how these dogs react to the sounds of a known canid howling...Can you now see what Im talking about?

( I may not be able to prove the howling noises are from a cryptid...but if the dogs react the way I believe they would...this would prove the howling sounds are coming from 'SOMETHING DIFFERENT')

There are only a certain number of animals that 'howl', (bears do not), process of elimination. I cannot be the first guy to think of trying this.

Old 02-26-2021, 05:00 AM

Quote:
RIGHT...I cannot prove those howling sounds are from a Bigfoot/Dogman...BUT...if i can show that all dogs I test it on...react in a specific way...versus how these dogs react to the sounds of a known canid howling...Can you now see what Im talking about?

( I may not be able to prove the howling noises are from a cryptid...but if the dogs react the way I believe they would...this would prove the howling sounds are coming from 'SOMETHING DIFFERENT')

There are only a certain number of animals that 'howl', (bears do not), process of elimination. I cannot be the first guy to think of trying this.
No I cannot! You have no proof those sounds came from where you claim. They could have been manufactured in an audio lab or simply on the dozens of audio programs our kids use to enhance their singing and musical instruments. Ask your father, he will probably tell you the same thing I am telling you!

Old 02-27-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
No I cannot! You have no proof those sounds came from where you claim. They could have been manufactured in an audio lab or simply on the dozens of audio programs our kids use to enhance their singing and musical instruments. Ask your father, he will probably tell you the same thing I am telling you!
I dont think its possible that sounds manufactured, would be able to trick dogs...why would they react in a frightened way to sounds that were artificially created? (there is no reason for them to react in such a way to artificial sounds)...

And this definitely wouldnt work with my 'monkey suit experiment idea'...lets say that I wear a monkey suit (one that is hairy all over) and a realistic werewolf mask...If I went in front of multiple groups of dogs dressed like this and they ALL reacted the same way (timid, frightened, hostile, etc)...what would be the conclusion of that in your opinion?

I also want to try something else with this monkey suit/mask...many people have claimed the woods 'go totally silent' when one of these creatures is in the area...I think it would be interesting to see if a person wearing such a suit/mask, could cause the forest to 'go silent'...(this would be an easier experiment for me), due to finding so many willing dog owners that would let me try this experiment.

Old 02-27-2021, 10:45 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I found the video very entertaining Thanks for posting

Had that been our cabin.......

BANG BANG

"Officer, I swear, I didn't think it was a man in a monkey suit......He was trespassing"

I think I could have taken it down with a high caliber handgun, or a standard 30/30

"Hey Look kids I shot me a Bigfoot for Christmas"

Old 02-28-2021, 03:22 AM

Quote:
I dont think its possible that sounds manufactured, would be able to trick dogs...why would they react in a frightened way to sounds that were artificially created? (there is no reason for them to react in such a way to artificial sounds)...

And this definitely wouldnt work with my 'monkey suit experiment idea'...lets say that I wear a monkey suit (one that is hairy all over) and a realistic werewolf mask...If I went in front of multiple groups of dogs dressed like this and they ALL reacted the same way (timid, frightened, hostile, etc)...what would be the conclusion of that in your opinion?

I also want to try something else with this monkey suit/mask...many people have claimed the woods 'go totally silent' when one of these creatures is in the area...I think it would be interesting to see if a person wearing such a suit/mask, could cause the forest to 'go silent'...(this would be an easier experiment for me), due to finding so many willing dog owners that would let me try this experiment.
Get your monkey suit and have your recorded sounds and run around trying to get a reaction out of dogs! Then you will have several more reported encounters to talk about for the next ten years! Try to make sure they get clear good videos of you spooking the dogs, no more of those poor quality blobsquatch films. And don't forget to smile for the camera!

Also, please don't use a BF suit with the slit for the eyes like that phony B&G video of Bob! Make sure we cannot see the tape/zipper line holding on the feet. And make sure the boots do not slide around on the feet. You might want to roll around in some sewage to get the smell right!

Good luck!

Old 02-28-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Get your monkey suit and have your recorded sounds and run around trying to get a reaction out of dogs! Then you will have several more reported encounters to talk about for the next ten years! Try to make sure they get clear good videos of you spooking the dogs, no more of those poor quality blobsquatch films. And don't forget to smile for the camera!

Also, please don't use a BF suit with the slit for the eyes like that phony B&G video of Bob! Make sure we cannot see the tape/zipper line holding on the feet. And make sure the boots do not slide around on the feet. You might want to roll around in some sewage to get the smell right!

Good luck!
Well, considering its 2021, there should be VERY high quality monkey suits available today!

Old 02-28-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Well, considering its 2021, there should be VERY high quality monkey suits available today!
Here you go for only $179: https://www.halloweencostumes.com/ja...h-costume.html!

Old 02-28-2021, 11:46 PM

Quote:
I like the werewolf costume next to it better!!

(notice how it even has the reverse knees on the legs!)

Just curious...how do you think dogs would respond to a person wearing such a costume?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal