Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 01:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
His wife said an owl. We also have other large birds and tree climbing nocturnal creatures. He did not see Big Foot, only eyes. When you have a case where people do not see or are afraid to get a good look, it does not prove your case. No need for me to tell you about things I thought were something else until I got a good look up close and personal. This is what happens with poor visibility.

The sad thing is that you take these lack of observations as proof. Dogs barking, bad smells, a knock in the night, a rock thrown, crossed trees, All of this doesn't point to anything that cannot be explained by natural or human intervention. You need a creature or a body to prove any of this is real.
No, I see these things as a trend...lots of people, all reporting similar details.

If dogs are all so different, why are they all acting so similar across so many encounters? (if what they were seeing was just a human, or another animal...wouldnt different dogs react in different ways?)

Im not so much trying to convince you Bigfoot are real...instead, trying to make you recognize these things are 'unexplainable' ('something weird' IS being seen by many people), I cannot explain why there is no dead bodies or clear pictures...those are just things that contribute to this being 'mysterious/unexplained'...If I knew the answers, I wouldnt be here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2021, 02:10 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No, I see these things as a trend...lots of people, all reporting similar details.

If dogs are all so different, why are they all acting so similar across so many encounters? (if what they were seeing was just a human, or another animal...wouldnt different dogs react in different ways?)

Im not so much trying to convince you Bigfoot are real...instead, trying to make you recognize these things are 'unexplainable' ('something weird' IS being seen by many people), I cannot explain why there is no dead bodies or clear pictures...those are just things that contribute to this being 'mysterious/unexplained'...If I knew the answers, I wouldnt be here!
The "U" in UFO stands for 'unidentified', not for Big Foot! Just because we don't know does not prove your point as I have pointed out many times before. When I saw glowing eyes in the dark I wanted to know what it was and, if I did not get a good look, I did not jump to conclusions.

Think of your barking dog a different way. After the P&G video reports increased. People had it on their minds that BF was real and the stump they just saw was a BF hiding behind a tree. The video made the creature even more real to many. That same group of people hear a dog bark and some will associate it with the BF planted in their minds by that P&G video. Dogs will react to other animals in the wild; like a mountain lion or coyote or bear. Some react to their prey like skunks, raccoons, cats, squirrels and rabbits. How do we know it is a BF they are barking at? Where is the evidence one even exists?

Old 03-04-2021, 12:02 AM

Quote:
The "U" in UFO stands for 'unidentified', not for Big Foot! Just because we don't know does not prove your point as I have pointed out many times before. When I saw glowing eyes in the dark I wanted to know what it was and, if I did not get a good look, I did not jump to conclusions.

Think of your barking dog a different way. After the P&G video reports increased. People had it on their minds that BF was real and the stump they just saw was a BF hiding behind a tree. The video made the creature even more real to many. That same group of people hear a dog bark and some will associate it with the BF planted in their minds by that P&G video. Dogs will react to other animals in the wild; like a mountain lion or coyote or bear. Some react to their prey like skunks, raccoons, cats, squirrels and rabbits. How do we know it is a BF they are barking at? Where is the evidence one even exists?
The P&G video may have convinced some people BF was real, but I dont think its all that many...From what I understand, there was plenty of people calling it fake as soon as it came out, I just read a piece about this guy who knew Patterson, he said he thought it was fake, because Patterson had told him he was going out that day and was going to get video of a Sasquatch...and then when he miraculously does...it sounded a little too good to be true.

When you saw glowing eyes...you probably did go thru and rule out what it could not be...am I right? Well, thats my attempt in a nutshell...Im aware that I cannot prove BF is real just from the reactions of some dogs...but what I can do is, rule out things it could not be...'process of elimination'

You are really not looking at this with an open mind...you are 100% sure BF does NOT exist anywhere, since that is the case, its unlikely much is going to change your mind, All I can say is, I hope to God I get my chance one day of seeing one! (thankfully I live in a pretty decent area as far as BF sightings go!)

Old 03-04-2021, 04:39 AM

Quote:
The P&G video may have convinced some people BF was real, but I dont think its all that many...From what I understand, there was plenty of people calling it fake as soon as it came out, I just read a piece about this guy who knew Patterson, he said he thought it was fake, because Patterson had told him he was going out that day and was going to get video of a Sasquatch...and then when he miraculously does...it sounded a little too good to be true.

When you saw glowing eyes...you probably did go thru and rule out what it could not be...am I right? Well, thats my attempt in a nutshell...Im aware that I cannot prove BF is real just from the reactions of some dogs...but what I can do is, rule out things it could not be...'process of elimination'

You are really not looking at this with an open mind...you are 100% sure BF does NOT exist anywhere, since that is the case, its unlikely much is going to change your mind, All I can say is, I hope to God I get my chance one day of seeing one! (thankfully I live in a pretty decent area as far as BF sightings go!)
It convinced you! How many of these creatures have you ever observed?

As far as my mind closed to the possibility, I am waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for your evidence. It is a good thing that I am very patient!

Old 03-04-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
It convinced you! How many of these creatures have you ever observed?

As far as my mind closed to the possibility, I am waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for your evidence. It is a good thing that I am very patient!
Oh no, P&G did not convince me, what convinced me was the 10s of 1000s of similar reports...as well as the older historical accounts, (long before P&G came along). Too many people (with nothing to gain...and actually quite a bit to loose from making such a claim)...doesnt seem likely THAT many people would intentionally put their credibility at risk.

I do admit there are plenty of folks out there trying to get rich off BF...but the vast majority of 'normal people' (who are not writing books or selling DVDs)...they are not out to convince anyone BF exists, they could not care less whether others believe them or not. (that is pretty significant imo)

Im sorry to tell you, but you will probably be waiting for a LONG time if you are expecting me to produce some evidence! I dont really have the time to devote to finding proof. I wish I did have time to go hiking every week though.

Last edited by rstevens62; 03-04-2021 at 12:37 PM..

Old 03-04-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Oh no, P&G did not convince me, what convinced me was the 10s of 1000s of similar reports...as well as the older historical accounts, (long before P&G came along). Too many people (with nothing to gain...and actually quite a bit to loose from making such a claim)...doesnt seem likely THAT many people would intentionally put their credibility at risk.

I do admit there are plenty of folks out there trying to get rich off BF...but the vast majority of 'normal people' (who are not writing books or selling DVDs)...they are not out to convince anyone BF exists, they could not care less whether others believe them or not. (that is pretty significant imo)

Im sorry to tell you, but you will probably be waiting for a LONG time if you are expecting me to produce some evidence! I dont really have the time to devote to finding proof. I wish I did have time to go hiking every week though.
How many hours have you spent trying to convince us that Big Foot is real? Of course you have not convinced your own father! If you spent as much time looking as you do talking, then maybe your would find one!

Old 03-05-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:
How many hours have you spent trying to convince us that Big Foot is real? Of course you have not convinced your own father! If you spent as much time looking as you do talking, then maybe your would find one!
My dad says he will believe when one is standing right in front of him!

but dont even mention 'Dogman' to my dad though!!

Then again, I dont think my dad has ever been out in any deep woods, he doesnt care for hunting, hiking, camping, or anything like that, so its unlikely he will ever encounter one...plus he is a city manager for a fairly large city here in KY, (he has to protect his good name/credibility at all times)

Old 03-05-2021, 03:49 AM

Quote:
My dad says he will believe when one is standing right in front of him!

but dont even mention 'Dogman' to my dad though!!

Then again, I dont think my dad has ever been out in any deep woods, he doesnt care for hunting, hiking, camping, or anything like that, so its unlikely he will ever encounter one...plus he is a city manager for a fairly large city here in KY, (he has to protect his good name/credibility at all times)
One interesting study would be to see how many 'sightings' occur in the deep woods and how many sightings happen close to roads and civilization.

Now, as far as my previous question (How many hours have you spent trying to convince us that Big Foot is real?), have you ever figured that out? Youtube's 'mister talk-a-lot' (Steve Isdahl), that never showed us any evidence, at least he sits in the woods to talk. Of course I do not know how anybody that talks that much could ever sneak up on anything!

My feeling and it is only a guess, is that there are just as many reports that happen close to civilization as in the deep woods. The reason I say that is because there are more of us to make those reports close to our homes and roads. But that is only a hunch and may not reflect reality. If my guess is right then you would probably stand a better chance just being on the road than in the deep woods.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:36 AM

Quote:
One interesting study would be to see how many 'sightings' occur in the deep woods and how many sightings happen close to roads and civilization.

Now, as far as my previous question (How many hours have you spent trying to convince us that Big Foot is real?), have you ever figured that out? Youtube's 'mister talk-a-lot' (Steve Isdahl), that never showed us any evidence, at least he sits in the woods to talk. Of course I do not know how anybody that talks that much could ever sneak up on anything!

My feeling and it is only a guess, is that there are just as many reports that happen close to civilization as in the deep woods. The reason I say that is because there are more of us to make those reports close to our homes and roads. But that is only a hunch and may not reflect reality. If my guess is right then you would probably stand a better chance just being on the road than in the deep woods.
From what Ive seen (from reading many many reports), it seems to be 50/50 split, some report seeing them crossing or on the side of the road and the other half report seeing them while out in the forests (while hiking, hunting, camping, etc).

What I do not see is sightings in highly residential or urban areas, its ALWAYS very close to a large forested area.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:41 PM

Quote:
From what Ive seen (from reading many many reports), it seems to be 50/50 split, some report seeing them crossing or on the side of the road and the other half report seeing them while out in the forests (while hiking, hunting, camping, etc).

What I do not see is sightings in highly residential or urban areas, its ALWAYS very close to a large forested area.
Some of the reported case were on commercial property there in Ohio. Maybe their map program was off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal