Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 07:09 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times

Advertisements

This is fun. Honestly, the "Bigfoot" looks fakey to me. It looks like bad shadow effects. But I'm not sure how you could fake the dog's reaction. There is definitely something out there disturbing the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeIq3Og0XRo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 11:35 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,774,020 times
Christmas with Bigfoot. I see hallmark movie in the making.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Christmas with Bigfoot. I see hallmark movie in the making.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
This is fun. Honestly, the "Bigfoot" looks fakey to me. It looks like bad shadow effects. But I'm not sure how you could fake the dog's reaction. There is definitely something out there disturbing the dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeIq3Og0XRo
Ive brought up how dogs and cats react differently to these things, in other threads before...I played a recording of a supposed Bigfoot/Dogman howl...and also played a howl from a normal wolf...the dog reacted differently to the separate howls.

This is also a good way to test alleged Bigfoot or Dogman howling noises, imo, it would be impossible to fake such a howl, as to fool a dog.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive brought up how dogs and cats react differently to these things, in other threads before...I played a recording of a supposed Bigfoot/Dogman howl...and also played a howl from a normal wolf...the dog reacted differently to the separate howls.

This is also a good way to test alleged Bigfoot or Dogman howling noises, imo, it would be impossible to fake such a howl, as to fool a dog.
That seems a bit over-simplified to me. Different dogs have different personalities. I have been around dogs since before I could walk. Huskies and German Shepherds will growl if they want to threaten you, but they rarely bark. Hounds, on the other hand, bark at everything. We have a hound/mix now that barks and howls if you walk too loudly. She barks and howls when you open the door. She barks and howls if someone walks past the house. She barks and howls if she hears a voice in another room.

So it depends on the breed. Dogs that were bred to watch or guard will bark and howl. Barking and howling are how a dog tells you, ”Hey! Everyone look! Everyone look! Everyone look!” But a growl means the dog is telling you to back off or it's going to attack. And even within breeds, dogs can have different personalities.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:09 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:

And how are you going to get the sounds of BF and Dogman? You don't know if either sound is a hoax since nobody has ever captured either animal. Heck you don't even have a dead one. There is a very good chance that neither was ever in our woods, simply all misidentifications and hoaxes.

As far as this video, all I saw was a leg and a dog run after something. It could have been anything? I don't know what anybody can see in a one second clip? It could have been just about anything. Is there a better picture of it other than the one at the 6 second mark on the video?

Old 02-18-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That seems a bit over-simplified to me. Different dogs have different personalities. I have been around dogs since before I could walk. Huskies and German Shepherds will growl if they want to threaten you, but they rarely bark. Hounds, on the other hand, bark at everything. We have a hound/mix now that barks and howls if you walk too loudly. She barks and howls when you open the door. She barks and howls if someone walks past the house. She barks and howls if she hears a voice in another room.

So it depends on the breed. Dogs that were bred to watch or guard will bark and howl. Barking and howling are how a dog tells you, ”Hey! Everyone look! Everyone look! Everyone look!” But a growl means the dog is telling you to back off or it's going to attack. And even within breeds, dogs can have different personalities.
I have wanted to try playing those howls for different dogs, but honestly I have never done it yet, I believe ALL dogs would react the same way though.

If anyone has a dog, please try this experiment. The recordings can be found all over the internet, the OH howls are the ones I used, but there are a few others. Also make sure to play a howling from a normal wolf/dog too, there should be a noticeable difference in the reaction.

Old 02-18-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I have wanted to try playing those howls for different dogs, but honestly I have never done it yet, I believe ALL dogs would react the same way though.

If anyone has a dog, please try this experiment. The recordings can be found all over the internet, the OH howls are the ones I used, but there are a few others. Also make sure to play a howling from a normal wolf/dog too, there should be a noticeable difference in the reaction.
And you have no proof the sounds came from a BF or Dogman, because you have no BF or Dogman!

Old 02-19-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And how are you going to get the sounds of BF and Dogman? You don't know if either sound is a hoax since nobody has ever captured either animal. Heck you don't even have a dead one. There is a very good chance that neither was ever in our woods, simply all misidentifications and hoaxes.

As far as this video, all I saw was a leg and a dog run after something. It could have been anything? I don't know what anybody can see in a one second clip? It could have been just about anything. Is there a better picture of it other than the one at the 6 second mark on the video?
Playing the sounds of alleged bigfoot/Dogman, for different dogs and cats would be the way to determine if the howling noises are fake or not...

As I said before, dogs react differently to alleged Bigfoot howls, compared with howls from known canids...would be impossible to 'trick' a dog, their senses are much greater than ours.

Old 02-19-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Playing the sounds of alleged bigfoot/Dogman, for different dogs and cats would be the way to determine if the howling noises are fake or not...

As I said before, dogs react differently to alleged Bigfoot howls, compared with howls from known canids...would be impossible to 'trick' a dog, their senses are much greater than ours.
And you can talk with the animals now? Just because a dog reacts differently to one sound compared to another sound does not mean BF. You will say anything to keep the subject going and you do not have one creature to examine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal