Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 08:30 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Thats EXACTLY what I was trying to say earleir in the thread, and noone should assume that they would, or comment that they do without scientific/pschycological facts to back it up.

Facts???

Unfortunately, there is no proof with some of these 'sciences' as they are opinions of 'learned' people such as Freud and Jung. As we all know many people have questioned stuff on here when there is just opinion and observation to back it up. Sociology and Archeology are other 'sciences' which are just opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 06:08 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
This might be it, but there are a bunch of web pages that also go into detail that I found during the search, this is only the one I was thinking of. It's a long article. It takes it's time getting to the point but move way down to 6. THE PILOT where it highlights his behavior and attitude prior to the flight. It's depressing to even read about his later life, a succesful pilot who's life has fallen apart.
Beyond that, this article is one of the more comprehensive articles about the MH370 disaster as of 2019, worth a read in it's entirety, and will dispel many of the other conspiracy theories, not that they don't still warrant discussion.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...rlines/590653/

Thats goodenough for me - Calguy, my appologies for our earlier "debate". Your statement aboutthe pilot showing signs of something like this was correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Facts???

Unfortunately, there is no proof with some of these 'sciences' as they are opinions of 'learned' people such as Freud and Jung. As we all know many people have questioned stuff on here when there is just opinion and observation to back it up. Sociology and Archeology are other 'sciences' which are just opinion.

Without full knowledge, my original comment on the subject was wrong, but I fully beleive a properly trained professional can indeed make judgements correctly about certain things or people.

Old 03-29-2024, 09:29 AM

694 posts, read 284,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Your statement aboutthe pilot showing signs of something like this was correct.
Without full knowledge, my original comment on the subject was wrong, but I fully beleive a properly trained professional can indeed make judgements correctly about certain things or people.
I'll be the first to admit. We still don't know for sure, pilot suicide or other cause. We generally know what happened - it crashed in the South Indian Ocean. But we simply do not know why. We may never know why.

Old 03-29-2024, 05:44 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
I'll be the first to admit. We still don't know for sure, pilot suicide or other cause. We generally know what happened - it crashed in the South Indian Ocean. But we simply do not know why. We may never know why.
Here is a New York Post article dated March 17th of this year: https://nypost.com/2024/03/17/us-new...-flight-mh370/. They sound pretty sure of their new equipment, of course, they are looking for funding from the Malaysian government. Hopefully, we will get answers soon.

Old 03-29-2024, 05:51 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,878,349 times
This whole business of suicide by passenger jet has happened before in Germany and over the Atlantic. An Egypt Air aircraft was deliberately flown into the sea by the pilot. The pilot had been fired by his supervisor for a history of sexual indiscretions while on duty. This was his last flight. And the supervisor was on the same flight. Look it up.

Old 04-04-2024, 09:35 PM

691 posts, read 640,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Remote Viewing as taught to military and CIA operatives works on the understanding that everything is accessible if you have the training via the various courses those will allow that.

If anyone does not believe RV is possible, then why should the US military invest time and money into training people to Remote View. It was developed by scientists Hal Puthoff and Russell Targ at the SRI and helped and documented by Ingo Swann.

Some URLs to help those who do not believe Remote Viewing is possible/real.

https://rviewer.com/remote-viewing-b...e-hal-puthoff/
https://www.newdualism.org/papers/H....0Institute.htm
https://www.remoteviewed.com/hal-puthoff/

Maybe we can drop the discussion about Remote Viewing since it seems to be a recognized consciousness technology which has been around for over 25 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtADJIVxaac

Old 04-05-2024, 01:02 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post

Posting a link is not really saying anything and does not allow room for any discussion.

Old 04-05-2024, 03:00 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
If remote viewing worked we would not have this long link about the mystery surrounding Flight 370. CALGUY is not the only one that supposedly can use this hidden power of the mind to 'see' events from afar, but nobody can tell us where the debris field from that doomed plane is located.

That is why I posted this earlier: "From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing): The AIR report concluded that no usable intelligence data was produced in the program. David Goslin, of the American Institute for Research said, "There's no documented evidence it had any value to the intelligence community"."

To me, remote viewing was more about the Cold War that lasted from 1945 to 1991. Supposedly the Russians had many trained in all sorts of paranormal abilities and we always had to be equal or one step ahead of them.

It is like our current announcement that we we start trials on our submarines fitted with magnetohydrodynamic (MHD). That is a propulsion system that has no moving parts and will supposedly make our submarines extremely quiet (sounds like the movie: The Hunt for Red October). We are once again in a Cold War. But this time the Axis Powers are Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran. Where it gets scary is that both sides of this new cold war are turning towards the use of AI instead of imaginary psychic abilities.

Old 04-05-2024, 12:01 PM

691 posts, read 640,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If remote viewing worked we would not have this long link about the mystery surrounding Flight 370. CALGUY is not the only one that supposedly can use this hidden power of the mind to 'see' events from afar, but nobody can tell us where the debris field from that doomed plane is located.

That is why I posted this earlier: "From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing): The AIR report concluded that no usable intelligence data was produced in the program. David Goslin, of the American Institute for Research said, "There's no documented evidence it had any value to the intelligence community"."

To me, remote viewing was more about the Cold War that lasted from 1945 to 1991. Supposedly the Russians had many trained in all sorts of paranormal abilities and we always had to be equal or one step ahead of them.

It is like our current announcement that we we start trials on our submarines fitted with magnetohydrodynamic (MHD). That is a propulsion system that has no moving parts and will supposedly make our submarines extremely quiet (sounds like the movie: The Hunt for Red October). We are once again in a Cold War. But this time the Axis Powers are Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran. Where it gets scary is that both sides of this new cold war are turning towards the use of AI instead of imaginary psychic abilities.
I agree, I just posted that clip cause it was a funny movie, plus I thought I had heard of term remote viewing somewhere, that's where.

I am sure the movie embellished the narrative, but like you said the facts didn't support the hypothesis of remote viewing.

Old 04-05-2024, 02:15 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
I agree, I just posted that clip cause it was a funny movie, plus I thought I had heard of term remote viewing somewhere, that's where.

I am sure the movie embellished the narrative, but like you said the facts didn't support the hypothesis of remote viewing.
As I have stated in the past, I believe the government gave up on remote vision because it could not produce remote vision at will.
It is a sense that happens when it happens, and can not be controlled, or studied.
One can not be programmed to have a remote vision.
A vision could happen at any time, and could be completely unrelated to what a person may be involved in at the time of the vision.
One could be mowing the lawn, working on a vehicle, conversing with friends etc, and a "vision" may happen.

It is human nature to want to know why and how things occur, but I believe the human experience will never know the process behind remote vision.

Someone had mentioned earlier that the title of this thread should have been "Calguy's remote vision ", and in retrospect I think that would have been an approaite use of this thread.
The reason MH370 was initially invoked was because not only was it the subject of my vision at the time, but it being a catastrophic event involving many lives, it made it impossible to ignore, and not include the contents(short as it was) of the event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal