Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 11:09 AM

111 posts, read 98,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
You should try to get a camera and get video footage. Aim the camera at a flowerpot outside and try leaving gifts for them? (after all, you want to be friends with them - if they actually exist) Maybe food, fruit, sweets, colourful beads, anything you can think of which might be interesting to them. You might be the one who proves these things exist if you can consistently get video of them. There are many races who claim little people are real.
I'd love to set up a camera and see what comes up. Might do it tonight...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 11:12 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That36guy View Post
I'd love to set up a camera and see what comes up. Might do it tonight...
Do it!!!!

Old 04-05-2021, 01:39 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Not exactly what I would call strict scholarship, but this is still entertaining:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bL-UPd6x0

Old 04-05-2021, 01:57 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Which Bible are you reading???

A cubit was the length from your elbow to the tip of your middle finger. So roughly 16 - 18 inches. The only "giant" in the Bible (I Samuel) for which the text gives a height is Goliath, who is "six cubits and a span." That works out to between 9 ft and 10 ft tall.

So how are you going from 10 ft to 450 ft?

Biblical Hebrew is a language rich in metaphor and hyperbole. Don't read it with the literalness of Greek mathematician.

Read the physiological studies. A 30 ft tall humoid would not longer be human. It would literally be impossible for a creature that size to walk given the structure of a human's frame vs. the Earth's gravity.
Yes I understand that, however this kind of gets into the religious aspect...these 'giants', were not entirely human, (half human, half fallen angel), so who knows what the physical characteristics of these creatures would be?

Im sort of on the fence in regards to 'religion/Christianity'...but if real angels do exist, and can manifest in our world, Im not sure they would have 'human limitations', (point being, if they wanted to appear as a 450 ft tall humanoid...Im assuming they could pull it off)...

However, something I was reading about werewolves, in relation the 'demonic'...there is a theory that the people are not really morphing into a hybrid wolf creature...but its actually the demonic influence, making them, (or other people) see them in this shape...this could be whats going on with 'giants'

Old 04-06-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes I understand that, however this kind of gets into the religious aspect...these 'giants', were not entirely human, (half human, half fallen angel), so who knows what the physical characteristics of these creatures would be?

Im sort of on the fence in regards to 'religion/Christianity'...but if real angels do exist, and can manifest in our world, Im not sure they would have 'human limitations', (point being, if they wanted to appear as a 450 ft tall humanoid...Im assuming they could pull it off)...
In terms of Christian theology, angels are immaterial beings. Pure spirit. They don't have bodies, though they can appear to have bodies. And fun aside: Nowhere in Scripture do they appear as cute chubby babies with dove wings. There are two ways that angels appear in the Bible: They look so thoroughly human that very often people speaking with them don't realize they are angels, or they look so weird and freak-out terrifying that it makes a Japanese kaiju movie almost look quaint.

That said: All cultures in the world --- Greek, Roman, Judeo-Christian, Native American, African, Asian, etc., etc., etc. --- have myths of supernatural beings, gods, demons, etc. either falling in love with or just flat-out raping human women and producing children that either end up as great demi-godlike heroes or monsters. How we might explain that ... interesting topic. But I seriously doubt it represents actual events and that at one time there were 450 ft giants roaming the Earth. If anyone have evidence for it, I'd love to see it. But myths and folktales aren't evidence of actual fact.

Quote:
However, something I was reading about werewolves, in relation the 'demonic'...there is a theory that the people are not really morphing into a hybrid wolf creature...but its actually the demonic influence, making them, (or other people) see them in this shape...this could be whats going on with 'giants'
Yeah, I have read that too. Is it true? I don't know.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
In terms of Christian theology, angels are immaterial beings. Pure spirit. They don't have bodies, though they can appear to have bodies. And fun aside: Nowhere in Scripture do they appear as cute chubby babies with dove wings. There are two ways that angels appear in the Bible: They look so thoroughly human that very often people speaking with them don't realize they are angels, or they look so weird and freak-out terrifying that it makes a Japanese kaiju movie almost look quaint.

That said: All cultures in the world --- Greek, Roman, Judeo-Christian, Native American, African, Asian, etc., etc., etc. --- have myths of supernatural beings, gods, demons, etc. either falling in love with or just flat-out raping human women and producing children that either end up as great demi-godlike heroes or monsters. How we might explain that ... interesting topic. But I seriously doubt it represents actual events and that at one time there were 450 ft giants roaming the Earth. If anyone have evidence for it, I'd love to see it. But myths and folktales aren't evidence of actual fact.

Yeah, I have read that too. Is it true? I don't know.
Angels are 'pure spirit' IN OUR WORLD...however, in the realm they reside, I would assume the weird/bizarre form is probably their true form.

Im sure you know, there are different types of angels too, the bible names and describes a few, but we really have no idea if there are other types, (that are not mentioned)...it could be, some kind of angel once manifested in the form of a 450ft tall human...who knows...anything is possible with this topic.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Angels are 'pure spirit' IN OUR WORLD...however, in the realm they reside, I would assume the weird/bizarre form is probably their true form.
Spirit has no form. But that is more of a semantic / ontological debate.

Quote:
Im sure you know, there are different types of angels too, the bible names and describes a few, but we really have no idea if there are other types, (that are not mentioned)...it could be, some kind of angel once manifested in the form of a 450ft tall human...who knows...anything is possible with this topic.
Well, according to Thomas Aquinas, who is considered the foremost expert on angels within Roman Catholic theology, there are indeed various "orders" of angels, but each angel is its own unique "species" as we understand the word.

As for how an angel might appear to a human, it can apparently appear in any form it wants, so long as it is granted the authority by God. So, at least theoretically, an angel could appear as a butterfly or a homeless person or the mailman or a box of cornflakes. But "could" and "did" are two very different things.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Spirit has no form. But that is more of a semantic / ontological debate.

Well, according to Thomas Aquinas, who is considered the foremost expert on angels within Roman Catholic theology, there are indeed various "orders" of angels, but each angel is its own unique "species" as we understand the word.

As for how an angel might appear to a human, it can apparently appear in any form it wants, so long as it is granted the authority by God. So, at least theoretically, an angel could appear as a butterfly or a homeless person or the mailman or a box of cornflakes. But "could" and "did" are two very different things.
Right, an angel could probably manifest as a huge purple dinosaur too (if it wanted to), unfortunately all we can do is speculate on whether they did these things.

The topic of 'form' as it relates to angels is a tough one to discuss, while they are spirit on our plane, its likely they do have a true form in their realm, otherwise, why would the bible give such detailed descriptions of their form, such as in the throne room of God?

Think of it like this...when we die and go to that 'other realm'...its probable we will able to see these beings/angels and other things as having true forms, they will not be 'pure spirit' there in that place.

Old 04-06-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
The topic of 'form' as it relates to angels is a tough one to discuss, while they are spirit on our plane, its likely they do have a true form in their realm, otherwise, why would the bible give such detailed descriptions of their form, such as in the throne room of God?
Because the prophets were using symbols in an attempt to describe the indescribable.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Because the prophets were using symbols in an attempt to describe the indescribable.
If those things were 'symbolic'...how do we know the entire account of Jesus was also not symbolic/metaphorical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal