Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 12:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am going to try and keep this short if I can.

It is not the board that comes into play at all, it is the minds, and thoughts of the people involved with the board.
I have explained this in many other threads concerning these boards.

I often stated one could make a board out of cardboard, and get the same results, and apparently you did just that.

As for the "pieces moving", and "knowing the answers",all one needs to know and understand about spirits is, first they can move objects by thought, and secondly, they posses a supernatural ability of esp, and that is how they "knew the answers".

When in contact with spirits(which I am frequently), they can answer my question even before I ask them, because they can read my thoughts.
When you question a spirit, you already know the answer to the question you are asking, and the spirit hones in on your thoughts, and gives you the answer that you already knew.

Bob.
Whats strange about my experience though, I was not the one using the board, I was just standing around the girls who were using it, the girls remained silent, I asked questions, and it started spelling out the answers.

Another interesting thing I remember from those times, when you were in the process of asking a question, the 'piece of glass' moved in a particular pattern, and this changed when we contacted different spirits, the one that was present when I was asking questions, it was constantly making a figure 8, when it was not spelling out answers, as soon as I would ask the question, it would begin to spell it out, as soon as it answered, it would go back to making constant figure 8s, another spirit I recall, it made constant triangle patterns when it was not answering questions, the speed would also go up and down, depending on how 'connected' the spirit was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 01:07 AM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Whats strange about my experience though, I was not the one using the board, I was just standing around the girls who were using it, the girls remained silent, I asked questions, and it started spelling out the answers.

Another interesting thing I remember from those times, when you were in the process of asking a question, the 'piece of glass' moved in a particular pattern, and this changed when we contacted different spirits, the one that was present when I was asking questions, it was constantly making a figure 8, when it was not spelling out answers, as soon as I would ask the question, it would begin to spell it out, as soon as it answered, it would go back to making constant figure 8s, another spirit I recall, it made constant triangle patterns when it was not answering questions, the speed would also go up and down, depending on how 'connected' the spirit was.
You were in the same area with the girls who were using the board, and being there was an open door to any spirit to read your mind.
You asked the questions, and again, when asking, you already knew the answer to what you were asking.
The spirit just used it's esp to read your mind, so it already had the answers to anything you asked.

Again, it is NOT the board, it is the thoughts people have when "playing this game" that opens a portal for the spirits to enter.

Bob.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:06 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
No, No, NO, not a game. Back when I was a young woman, a friend and I were "playing" with a Ouija. The spirit on the board said it was a Native American Chief. My friend being part Native herself asked it show itself. Even then I got a sickening feeling when she said that. There on her living room sofa sitting on my navy wool coat a totally black figure appeared. It had no face whatsoever.

I had a white cat at the time. My coat was always full of white fur but after than shadow figure sat on it, there was no fur left on it at all.

That shadow figure followed my friend everywhere she went until she had a Priest bless her and her home. Don't mess with Ouija. It is not a GAME.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:58 AM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, No, NO, not a game. Back when I was a young woman, a friend and I were "playing" with a Ouija. The spirit on the board said it was a Native American Chief. My friend being part Native herself asked it show itself. Even then I got a sickening feeling when she said that. There on her living room sofa sitting on my navy wool coat a totally black figure appeared. It had no face whatsoever.

I had a white cat at the time. My coat was always full of white fur but after than shadow figure sat on it, there was no fur left on it at all.

That shadow figure followed my friend everywhere she went until she had a Priest bless her and her home. Don't mess with Ouija. It is not a GAME.
With all due respect, IT IS NOT THE BOARD.
It is the thoughts of the people involved that open a portal for spirits to enter.
One does not need any device but their own thoughts to open a portal that allows spirits to enter.

Bob.

Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times
Quote:
With all due respect, IT IS NOT THE BOARD.
It is the thoughts of the people involved that open a portal for spirits to enter.
One does not need any device but their own thoughts to open a portal that allows spirits to enter.

Bob.
thank you and please keep stressing that !

Old 03-25-2019, 01:36 PM

239 posts, read 156,088 times
I recall some girls in my art class in junior high playing it. They took a piece of notebook paper, wrote letters in pencil, and used a keyring for the planchette. They sat around, exchanging stories and scaring each other. I've also heard some interesting second hand stories from other people. The stories sound like the ones told on this forum.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:25 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Strange that you mentioned an all black entity with no face...that is the exact description from one of the girls that were using the board when we did (she was my GF at the time).

She saw this entity in her bedroom window, when she was outside on the driveway, she was pretty scared after that and if I recall, that is about the last time we played around with the board, she didnt want anything to do with it anymore. I dont remember her ever seeing this entity again though after that one time.

There were a few other odd events that happened during that time, and I do remember the girls being very scared, but myself and the other guys, especially at the age we were, we thought we were invincible and were almost daring something to show itself or try something with us. (we were idiots at that age).

Old 03-31-2019, 02:18 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
In my younger days, I toyed with the Ouiji with both my parents and even worked it myself. I was always a bit skeptical of it one way or the other.

As a teen, I "played" with it with a bunch of people I worked with. I was not even touching the board and I asked what my grandmother's name was. The board went crazy. I then said, "Is this because my mother was adopted?" It went to yes. Then I asked "What is my mother's original name." I knew the answer but the two people working the board didn't have a clue-and the board spelled out the name. I was not skeptical after that.

I have not touched a Quiji board since then. However, when my father passed away several years ago, I "inherited" his Quiji-the same one that I used with my parents so many years ago.

Cat

Old 03-31-2019, 02:35 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Not "just a game". I just don't want to think about it. I believe in God, pray to Him, & that's it. I never had a ouija board & don't plan to. I've never even been close to one to see it up close.

I'll still never, ever understand that it's still sold today, as it has for decades, in the board game section of a toy store nor will I understand why parents who buy them have to buy this for their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
When I was a teenager I went to some friends house who were playing the "game." Unknown to anyone in the group I had smuggled in a bible and kept it inside my coat out of view of anyone in the room. I did not play, just watched, but sat close to the board.

As they started the game, they kept asking the game "Will you play with us?" the "game" kept saying no, over and over. Finally one of the participants asked why. The next word they spelled was "bible." I got up and left and never would even sit in a room with that game. Evil stuff in my opinion.
Excellent thinking, good for you! The only better thing to do was not go to that house at all.

Quote:
I am going to try and keep this short if I can.

It is not the board that comes into play at all, it is the minds, and thoughts of the people involved with the board.
I have explained this in many other threads concerning these boards.

I often stated one could make a board out of cardboard, and get the same results, and apparently you did just that.

As for the "pieces moving", and "knowing the answers",all one needs to know and understand about spirits is, first they can move objects by thought, and secondly, they posses a supernatural ability of esp, and that is how they "knew the answers".

When in contact with spirits(which I am frequently), they can answer my question even before I ask them, because they can read my thoughts.
When you question a spirit, you already know the answer to the question you are asking, and the spirit hones in on your thoughts, and gives you the answer that you already knew.

Bob.
I believe you, sounds logical.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:51 PM

5,452 posts, read 4,054,839 times
I would not mess with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal