Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 06:54 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

So the star UFO whistleblower was under psychiatric detention. Alcoholic and suicidal. Not traits I like in my whistleblowers.

UFO Whistleblower Kept Security Clearance After Psychiatric Detention. The star witness of Congress’s UFO hearings, David Grusch, retained his clearance despite alleged substance abuse issues, FOIA documents reveal.

But police records obtained by The Intercept under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act reveal that on October 1, 2018, Grusch was committed to a mental health facility based in part on a report that he “made a suicidal statement” after Grusch’s wife told him he was an alcoholic and suggested that he get help.

“Husband asked [complainant] to kill him,” a police incident report produced by the Loudoun County sheriff states. “He is very angry guns are locked up.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2023, 07:37 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So the star UFO whistleblower was under psychiatric detention. Alcoholic and suicidal. Not traits I like in my whistleblowers.
But attributes unfortunately extremely common in combat veterans. That's nothing but a hit piece.

Does it make his claims any less reliable? Will the names he's passed on to Congress members (apparently 40+) be called to testify? We can hope so, we all want to know if these things are true, but I fail to see how this article helps one way or the other. Combat veteran struggles with PTSD is hardly ground breaking is it?

Old 08-10-2023, 08:01 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Maj. David Grusch, a 36-year-old retired Air Force intelligence officer who also served as an adviser to the Pentagon’s Unidentified Aerial Phenomena task force.

Personally, I don't trust anyone under 40. Majority of people in their 30s are all lunatics from what I've seen..

Old 08-10-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
But attributes unfortunately extremely common in combat veterans. That's nothing but a hit piece.

Does it make his claims any less reliable? Will the names he's passed on to Congress members (apparently 40+) be called to testify? We can hope so, we all want to know if these things are true, but I fail to see how this article helps one way or the other. Combat veteran struggles with PTSD is hardly ground breaking is it?
Its horrible he is suffering from combat. Someone like him with a lack of stability probably has money problems and is more willing to take money from the government to lie for them.

My feeling all along is he is simply a stooge paid by the government to put into doubt what people are seeing which is likely top secret craft we are testing. If what he said was true a real whistleblower would not even get the whistle in their mouth before they are shut up forever. The 40 people are part of it too.

Old 08-10-2023, 09:18 AM

Quote:
My feeling all along is he is simply a stooge paid by the government to put into doubt what people are seeing which is likely top secret craft we are testing. If what he said was true a real whistleblower would not even get the whistle in their mouth before they are shut up forever. The 40 people are part of it too.
A conspiracy inside of a conspiracy, conspiracy-ception. An interesting theory, however the article writer has said that he received a tip of where to look, in regards to the FOIA, from the intelligence community. It's getting too meta. Warring factions inside the IC? It wouldn't surprise me.

I just want decent photos of UAPs and aliens if they exist. That's it.

Old 08-10-2023, 09:44 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:

UFO Whistleblower Kept Security Clearance After Psychiatric Detention. The star witness of Congress’s UFO hearings, David Grusch, retained his clearance despite alleged substance abuse issues, FOIA documents reveal.

But police records obtained by The Intercept under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act reveal that on October 1, 2018, Grusch was committed to a mental health facility based in part on a report that he “made a suicidal statement” after Grusch’s wife told him he was an alcoholic and suggested that he get help.

“Husband asked [complainant] to kill him,” a police incident report produced by the Loudoun County sheriff states. “He is very angry guns are locked up.”

This right there proves it.

Yep, someone in the government is scared sh*tless that this coverup is coming to an end.

That's the reason that they came up with this kind of "revelations," hoping precisely for this kind of reaction - "alcoholic, psychiatric problems, money problems" in order to discredit the whistleblower.

Busted.

Old 08-10-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
A conspiracy inside of a conspiracy, conspiracy-ception. An interesting theory, however the article writer has said that he received a tip of where to look, in regards to the FOIA, from the intelligence community. It's getting too meta. Warring factions inside the IC? It wouldn't surprise me.

I just want decent photos of UAPs and aliens if they exist. That's it.

I agree. I find the subject fascinating every since I was 6 or 7. Back then I was certain UFO's were real and visiting up. But I still believed in Santa Claus then too! But the government seems fine with hims speaking and that makes me feel there is more to this story. It may not be what it seems.

Old 08-11-2023, 06:10 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This right there proves it.
No. It doesn't. It proves that the man has psychiatric problems. It doesn't necessarily discount his testimony, but it does add suspicion to it.

All that aside, the fact remains all he has his testimony. Not a shred of verifiable evidence.

And the thing about all the whistleblowers over the years: They can't get their stories straight. Every whistleblower is whistling a different tune. "UFOs are aliens!" "They're friendly!" "They're hostile!" "There are nine different species invading --- some good, some bad!" "They are from other planets!" "They are from other dimensions!" "They're angels!" "They're demons!" "They're lizards!" "They're Atlanteans!" "They are actually demonic lizard Atlanteans!"

I might give more credence to all the whistleblowers if there was some commonality amongst all their "shocking testimony." But they are all over the map.

The only common thread amongst all the whistleblowers: "You can't trust the government!"

Old 08-11-2023, 08:02 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,786,886 times
This article and reporter is an insult to veterans, or any veteran who suffers from depression and ptsd, all in an effort to smear one man.

Old 08-11-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No. It doesn't. It proves that the man has psychiatric problems. It doesn't necessarily discount his testimony, but it does add suspicion to it.

All that aside, the fact remains all he has his testimony. Not a shred of verifiable evidence.
Should every veteran who's gone through PTSD and associated problems have their testimony viewed as more suspicious? Can their testimony be relied upon in a court of law for instance? This piece had no journalistic merit, it didn't look into his claims, didn't look into the new UAP disclosure act of 2023 that Schumer introduced on the back of the hearing, just went through the traumatic life events of someone who witnessed unimaginable horror. The fact he kept his clearances while battling these demons points to someone extremely well thought of in Intelligence circles.

Yes his testimony was based on his interviewing of 40+ other witnesses, he has passed those names onto Congress and we eagerly await new hearings.

What verifiable evidence could he produce if he were in possession of it? It would be classified and would lead to him being thrown into jail - in which case the Intercept would probably write another hit piece about how he's a hardened criminal and his testimony can therefore be thrown out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal