Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 02:17 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You're getting close. Depleted Uranium.
With a half-life of 4,500,000,000 years it's about as dangerous as wood. The radon gas in the basement of your home is far more deadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 02:32 PM

78,499 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
Then consider how many people in the world die of diseases related to an absence of safe drinking water, even though our poverty-profiteers make toxic plastic bottles of Coca Cola and Ice Mountan available at their neighborhood store.
Woo Hoo. Foreign corporations should be responsible for the health and welfare of other countries populations. I drank some seawater by accident and got the craps once....CLEARLY this is the fault of the profit mongering Lego company and thier tricky little interlocking blocks!

Meds, the breakfast of champions!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:17 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,038,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinNM View Post
Think about the millions who die of malaria every year because they no longer have access to DDT because some left-wing liberal environmentalist relied on a faulty study performed by another LWLE and banned it. Millions of deaths! Think about it. Let it sink in. Liberals killed more innocent people than all the depleted uranium will in a dozen generations. Deal with it.

Wrongful ban on DDT costs lives

DDT remains in use in nearly all countries in which malaria is endemic. So few, if any, people have contracted malaria on account of a DDT ban. According to your own link, a millkon people continue to die every year from malaria, even though DDT is used regularly in most countries where malria is endemic. Compared ts weapons and defense support, the amount of aid the US gives those countries to improve public health is minuscule, because America just doesn't care about people's lives.

However, the DDT ban did not have the express intent of killing human beings, like our wars of aggression against people who were minding their own business.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-02-2008 at 04:29 PM..

Old 09-02-2008, 06:04 PM

382 posts, read 1,228,032 times
Quote:
So few, if any, people have contracted malaria on account of a DDT ban.

However, the DDT ban did not have the express intent of killing human beings, like our wars of aggression against people who were minding their own business.
You obviously did not read the article:

More than 100,000 people died during malaria epidemics in Swaziland and Madagascar in the mid-1980s, following the suspension of DDT house spraying.

After South Africa stopped using DDT in 1996, the number of malaria cases in KwaZulu-Natal province skyrocketed from 8,000 to 42,000. By 2000, there had been an approximate 400 percent increase in malaria deaths.

It is clear that the banning of DDT caused millions of deaths, and contineues to do so. Perhaps the other wacko environmental agenda has something to do with it:

Dr. Charles Wurster, one of the major opponents of DDT, is reported to have said,

"People are the cause of all the problems. We have too many of them. We need to get rid of some of them, and this (referring to malaria deaths) is as good a way as any."

Perhaps there was intent. Either way, millions of dead people, resting soley on the shoulders of the environmental left. You cannot argue with facts. I can post a dozen studies, including the WHO which have come to the same conclusion: banning DDT killed more people than every war in the last century.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:17 PM

"Over 1 million people, mostly children, die from the disease each year, and over 300 million fall sick. . . . .
After South Africa stopped using DDT in 1996, the number of malaria cases in KwaZulu-Natal province skyrocketed from 8,000 to 42,000.

Using your own link's 300:1 ratio of cases-per-death, the increase in deaths in Natal would have been about 100.

You still have 999,900 to go.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Uhmmm why should the USA be responsible for health issues in other countries? Don't we have problems of our own that need attention first? Why should even 1 tax dollar be spent on any kind of foreign aid as long as we have even 1 needy US citizen?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:56 PM

15 posts, read 68,738 times
Default Chemtrails are cloud seeding operations

for all you ignorant folk, go to the search engine and type in 'Cloud seeding'. you will find corporations based out of Utah and Nevada that can ' be hired to change the weather DUH, I am from Australia and realize that the dry desert state of California has been making it's rain for 50 years!!
Where do you think they get that water from?, not just the Colorado River, I assure you.
Having lived in America for years , I uses to watch in horror as planes criss crossed over the desert wasteland that I called home, it certainly was no route for LAX! Flash flooding often caused devastation in my small desert town as they attempted to create violent systems that clashed wih REAL incoming monsoonal moisture streaming up from the Gulf of Mexico.
The recent Iowa floods were certainly an act of cloud seeding gone haywire.
You can call these cloud seeding operations, they have telephone numbers posted online!. They told me it was $10 a square foot for their sprayers!! They say they are simply spraying silver iodide but so many rain water samples collected have revealed insidious amounts of Barium and Aluminum.
Everyone these days seems to have allergies, mucous sitting at the back of their throats and Alzehimers which has been linked to aluminum which easily crosses the blood brain barrier.
Type in 'cloud seeding operations' I dare somebody to refute me-GO ON!! wake up. The government is doing this without the peoples permission, it is a travesty!!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:24 PM

382 posts, read 1,228,032 times
Quote:
"Over 1 million people, mostly children, die from the disease each year, and over 300 million fall sick. . . . .
After South Africa stopped using DDT in 1996, the number of malaria cases in KwaZulu-Natal province skyrocketed from 8,000 to 42,000.

Using your own link's 300:1 ratio of cases-per-death, the increase in deaths in Natal would have been about 100.

You still have 999,900 to go.
South Africa is one small example. The very first sentence is "over 1 million die each year". You then state I need 999,000 to go? You are incapable of basic comprehension and reasoning. I pity you.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,940,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I live where it's sunny 320 days a year. On most days, there is nothing but blue sky. But if there are clouds in the forecast, there will be a grid of chemtrails in the sky to precede the cloudy day. I have taken photos of lines criss crossing the sky extending to the distant horizon. These lines have nothing to do with incoming flights to the nearby international airport and can't possibly be due to regularly scheduled overhead flights otherwise they would be visible every day rather than on days before the arrival of clouds. I tend to get headaches when the lines coalesce into a white film that covers the sky. I have also taken photos of the same phenomenon in other states. I have pointed out these anomalies to bystanders who look at the sky, look at me, and say nothing as they go about filling up their gas tank or walking into the mall. People think they're clouds because they're idiots, unaware of the increasingly unnatural world around them.
So how do you know they are chemtrails, and not contrails. How does one differentiate between the two? Also - contrails would not show up daily even if planes went over the exact same spots. They are dependent upon altitude, temperature, moisture, winds, and stability at said altitude. On top of that - contrails will often fade in and out depending on the atmosphere. I have witnessed, literally hundreds of times, a plane ahead of us and above us, with us below, behind, and following - their contrail fade in and out, and in, and out. This is from the different parcels of air being flown through. Contrails are not a certainty, ever. Too many variables.

Additionally, contrails can in fact develop into cirrus or even cirrostratus clouds if the atmospheric conditions are favorable, due to the instability and mixing they cause in an otherwise stable air parcel.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:44 PM

We significantly reduce the lives of millions of Iraqis, with the use of weapons of mass destruction: Radioactive depleted unranium weapons:

In the years since, over 120,000 of the 697,000 U.S. troops who were stationed in the Gulf region have become chronically ill with undiagnosed diseases labeled the Gulf War Syndrome. Many experts, soldiers and activists connect the extremely high rates of illness in healthy young people to radioactive and toxic poisoning from the depleted-uranium weapons in the U.S. arsenal.

In Iraq the impact is still greater. Cancer rates have increased five-fold and 10-fold, as have immune diseases and deformities in children.

10 YEARS AFTER GULF WAR: NEW ERA OF STRUGGLE GIVES HOPE TO IRAQ

Consider this. Only a few months of exposure to toxins and radioactivity resulted in 1/6 of all US troops present having years taken off their lives. The Iraqis did not get to leave after a few months. They are still there living in the same contaminatin 17 yers later,with a great deal more DU being added to the environmental disaster area. Assuming that 17 years, instaed of a few months, had only the same effect on Iraqis, at least 1/6 of them would suffer from at least the equivalent effects as Gulf War Syndrome That is 5 million Iraqis. And 30-million more still there, who still have to live their lives in all that poisonous junk that is killing thousands of Americans here at home as I write.

And that doesn't count the people that died as a result of loss of their food and water infrastructures---a number that can never be known or even estimated:

Instead they expected that comprehensive and complete economic sanctions leveled against every sector of Iraq's economy would grind the country down. They expected sanctions to bring about a total government collapse and the rise of a puppet regime willing to follow Washington's dictates.

To that end, U.S. bombing systematically targeted Iraq's infrastructure. Every industry connected to food production, water purification and irrigation was targeted for destruction.

A baby formula plant, pharmaceutical plants, fertilizer plants, pesticide plants, food warehouses, storage, refrigeration, every grain silo in the country, electrical generation and communication plants--all were destroyed in order to intensify the sanctions' impact.

This all from the Gulf War in 1991. Not even talking yet about Iraqis dying slow and painful deaths from the current adventure. And unlike misjudgments about DDT and malaria, WE DID THIS ON PURPOSE! with slow-acting weapons of mass destructon, that affected children and soldiers alike.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-02-2008 at 10:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal