Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 AM

554 posts, read 738,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
NOT A BLOODY CHANCE..... we tried to talk to police over in Spain about a stolen camera and were told to find an interpreter.. that was three years ago.. have things changed...here they get them on demand as their right...can you imagine Spain or Greece even trying to offer one of us a job with the crisis in work over in their own country.. very doubtful, and wouldnt blame them..
Whether the Spanish police force meet their obligations or not isn't my point. You're not thinking of Germany, France, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Finland and Austria; the populations and economies of which absolutely eclipse Spain and Greece. I have friends who have moved (at least temporarily) to every single one of those countries (with the exception of Finland) for work. They found their jobs online or through the companies they work for in the UK, in exactly the same way that you seem to be criticising.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
A hello???
It's not about complying to laws, they have already broken the law by overstaying their visas and taking advantage of our money, they need to get out.

The UK has a population of well over 63 million we do not need immigrants and we will not be a safe heavan for people flocking from poorer countries, that is for their countries to sort.
I'm sorry, but you aren't even responding to what I've said. Dizzy asked me about EU residents, who don't need a visa - therefore they cannot possibly have "overstayed" their visa's. Quite who you're arguing with in your own mind is quite beyond me.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,418,146 times
What I hate about the UK is some people's hatred towards immigration and racism towards Muslims.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:42 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,255,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What I hate about the UK is some people's hatred towards immigration and racism towards Muslims.

It's not just hatred either. It's an absolute moronic ignorance toward the whole issue of immigration; just look at some of the posts on this thread. One even mentions "Arabs" coming over and "forcing us into their laws"

It's like trying to debate with a bunch of 5 year olds.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,418,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
It's not just hatred either. It's an absolute moronic ignorance toward the whole issue of immigration; just look at some of the posts on this thread. One even mentions "Arabs" coming over and "forcing us into their laws"

Yep so true people are brainwashed by the media.

Another thing I do dislike is that their is a slight segregation between recently arrived immigrants and the rest of us. Its mainly people from the Middle east and South Asia.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
If it's not already apparent, I completely agree!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,165,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post

Yep

Quote:
Yep so true people are brainwashed by the media.

Another thing I do dislike is that their is a slight segregation between recently arrived immigrants and the rest of us. Its mainly people from the Middle east and South Asia.
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post
If it's not already apparent, I completely agree!
As do I.

There are enough people with minds that are closed to the issue that i've given up trying to use reason and logic with them and don't even talk about it on here anymore..... sadly it's pointless.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 AM

14,831 posts, read 12,107,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Hate may be too strong, but I don't get the plumbing. Maybe it was just the places I stayed but I would have liked just a normal shower head in the shower instead of those hand held thingies. But this was years ago and maybe they have better plumbing now.
Do you actually mean to say that EVERYWHERE you've stayed in the UK has had 'hand held' shower thingys only!!!!!!! lol

Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,672,094 times
I dislike the flippant attitude displayed towards the upkeep of the public realm by some people, and it seems to be more apparent amongst teenagers than any other age group. I wish people would take the time to make more of an effort to keep an area tidy, rather than leaving their rubbish wherever they feel like.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,942,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin (pronounced Owen) View Post
I'm sorry, but you aren't even responding to what I've said. Dizzy asked me about EU residents, who don't need a visa - therefore they cannot possibly have "overstayed" their visa's. Quite who you're arguing with in your own mind is quite beyond me.
Well EU citizens are the same to me. I don't think they should have all the benefits that they have because they are as foreign as anybody else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom