Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 11:35 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,921,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
It's not just hatred either. It's an absolute moronic ignorance toward the whole issue of immigration; just look at some of the posts on this thread. One even mentions "Arabs" coming over and "forcing us into their laws"

It's like trying to debate with a bunch of 5 year olds.
I think you have a lot of disrespect for people with different opinions to you. I don't agree with immigrants because this is a white christian country and to me I don't think we should really have any immigrants because we do not need them. I think that immigrants should be staying in their own country to solve problems there.

I know maybe it is hypocritical of me with alot of Irish and British going to the USA and Australia but in a way it is not because we are bringing alot of money to the economy and we integrate to society there.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,426,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I dislike the flippant attitude displayed towards the upkeep of the public realm by some people, and it seems to be more apparent amongst teenagers than any other age group. I wish people would take the time to make more of an effort to keep an area tidy, rather than leaving their rubbish wherever they feel like.
On the upside, I keep hearing that London is cleaner than New YorK.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,365,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Honestly, I found people throughout England to be very friendly. I really couldn't tell a difference between the north and the south - though naturally (as I think is common everywhere) people were a bit more jovial and talkative in smaller cities and villages than in large cities.

But everyone was really QUITE pleasant (and I mean that in the most American sense!).
People who work with tourists a lot tend to be more polite; their living depends on it. It's very different living there day to day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I don't like Cadbury's, but like someone else pointed out, I too love their fruit and nut bar! Heaven!
Just the right amount of chocolate mixed with those wonderful raisins and nuts~YUM! I do try to keep my chocolate consumption down though, so I don't eat it too often.
I know right? Everything else Cadbury's makes is foul, but that bar...mmmmmmmm...total taste party.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:03 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,641,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post

I know maybe it is hypocritical of me with alot of Irish and British going to the USA and Australia but in a way it is not because we are bringing alot of money to the economy and we integrate to society there.
And immigrants to the UK bring nothing but peanuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
On the upside, I keep hearing that London is cleaner than New YorK.
Never been to New York, but yes, I hear New York is a dirty city. London is a clean city, especially in the central touristy areas.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:04 PM

Well they don't exactly absorb into the local culture do they.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:07 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,641,282 times
I'm not going to devolve any further into that topic beyond my snide and sarcastic remark - as I'm sure the thread will get shut down. But you have been put in your place before regarding immigration, and the things you post are almost always incorrect and have no substance in reality.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:08 PM

Fine suit yourself.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:35 PM

554 posts, read 737,560 times
Quote:
Well EU citizens are the same to me. I don't think they should have all the benefits that they have because they are as foreign as anybody else.
Humour me. What benefits do these EU citizens get? (Hint: Habitual Residence Test)

Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,405,496 times
Quote:
I think you have a lot of disrespect for people with different opinions to you. I don't agree with immigrants because this is a white christian country and to me I don't think we should really have any immigrants because we do not need them. I think that immigrants should be staying in their own country to solve problems there.

Xenophobic fool

Old 07-31-2013, 01:02 PM

4,095 posts, read 5,555,472 times
Quote:

I've got this suspicion that you are a reincarnation of another racist, xenophobic kid who lives in NI and has not been seen here lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom