Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 11:40 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,530,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I perefer to watch Bercow than Emily Thornberry.

Bercow: the screw top politician who convinced himself he was the full Chateau Laffite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 12:30 PM

1,877 posts, read 682,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
It was.
In 2016.
Were you asleep at the time ?
"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way"

Who was it said that again, could you remind me?

Old 10-25-2019, 01:56 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,299,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
"In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way"

Who was it said that again, could you remind me?
Some guy who never had any position to influence whether a referendum was called, nor what to do depending on the result. Indeed the person you're referring to has never held a political office in the UK Govt.

Why is his opinion of import?

Old 10-25-2019, 03:06 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,530,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Some guy who never had any position to influence whether a referendum was called, nor what to do depending on the result. Indeed the person you're referring to has never held a political office in the UK Govt.

Why is his opinion of import?
Without Farage and UKIP the referendum would never have been called and his second coming with the BXP in the European elections heavily influenced the Tory party's approach to Brexit.
Boris's deal should be the end of the road for him but there are many Northern Leavev areas that will never vote Tory come what may - he may have one last roll of the dice in the coming GE.

Old 10-25-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Without Farage and UKIP the referendum would never have been called and his second coming with the BXP in the European elections heavily influenced the Tory party's approach to Brexit.
Boris's deal should be the end of the road for him but there are many Northern Leavev areas that will never vote Tory come what may - he may have one last roll of the dice in the coming GE.
Indeed, but what I said isn't untrue. He's never held political office in the UK, he has no more real political influence than you or I. Sure his impact is quite significant, but he's still just the same as anyone else.

His statement on the referendum result and a dollar fifty will get you a cup of coffee.

Old 10-28-2019, 06:17 AM

1,129 posts, read 472,935 times
So, the madness continues.. ?

Quote:
In summary, then: We have a govt which has broken its central promise; an opposition which does not want an election to make them pay for it; two anti Brexit parties offering to break the deadlock in a way that could enable Brexit; & an EU which cannot do anything about any of it
https://twitter.com/TomMcTague/statu...75314467500033

And this https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/...-politics-live

Quote:
What parties are saying v what they’re doing : Tories say they want to get Brexit done but they stopped trying & called for an election. Labour say they want an election but won’t vote for one. Lib Dems & SNP say they want to block Brexit but are pushing for an early election ??????

Old 10-28-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
Totally agree NewSpeak is real and used in Westminster.

Although I do have sympathy for BoJo. He's tried hard to get his deal through and done by the 31st, but has been blocked by Labour, the Liberals and the Benn Act. It's hard to blame someone for doing something they're legally obliged to.

But yes the lunatics have certainly taken over the asylum.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:50 AM

35,410 posts, read 17,327,658 times
I heard on the radio on the way to work that the EU extended the deadline to January 31, 2020.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:16 AM

1,129 posts, read 472,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I heard on the radio on the way to work that the EU extended the deadline to January 31, 2020.
They have, its a flextention....

This is going to make any election interesting, even Farage wants to kill his deal.....

https://borisbrexitdeal.com/

Old 10-28-2019, 11:03 AM

434 posts, read 249,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Totally agree NewSpeak is real and used in Westminster.

Although I do have sympathy for BoJo. He's tried hard to get his deal through and done by the 31st, but has been blocked by Labour, the Liberals and the Benn Act. It's hard to blame someone for doing something they're legally obliged to.

But yes the lunatics have certainly taken over the asylum.
Nah he's gaming for an election the same as the rest of them.

He could have put his deal in earlier to give it plenty of time to go through.

He could have got the deal signed off rather then keep pulling it.

He could have resigned rather then send in the letter.

Plenty of stuff he could have done if brexit was his main aim. As it is he's just lining himself up for the GE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom