Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 02:08 AM

18,581 posts, read 18,884,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I remember the atrocity in Halabja in 1988 when Saddam used a chemical weapon on the Kurds. Between 3,200 & 5,000 people died and are still dying because of that criminal act.
Will have to read about that Alibion, as dont know the history.. do remember something on the news about that time..... many countries have dropped chemical weapons, coloured agents on thousands without being brought down..funny how different rules for differerent countries on causing torture on innocents, hellish way to fight a war but happens..

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-07-2016 at 03:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 04:19 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,462,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Will have to read about that Alibion, as dont know the history.. do remember something on the news about that time..... many countries have dropped chemical weapons, coloured agents on thousands without being brought down..funny how different rules for differerent countries on causing torture on innocents, hellish way to fight a war but happens..
You're right dizzy, and so is Albion. Saddam used chemical weapons, and the world is a better place without him. I just don't see what getting rid of him had to do with us, and the Americans.

There were no Iraqi terrorists flying those planes into the twin towers. But, someone had to pay for it. The American public wanted revenge for this awful event. Saddam was the fall guy - literally.

I think you're talking about Agent Orange, which the Americans used in Vietnam. This also is thought to have caused cancer among the people of Vietnam.

I think President Bush was pushed into invading Iraq by Dick Chaney and Donald Rumsfeld. They were the puppet masters. Tony Blair was flattered by all the attention he received, and came under great pressure to commit us into going along with America. He made a massive mistake, but still tries to convince himself he was right to do so. I guess he will spend the rest of his life confirming this to himself.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:40 AM

18,581 posts, read 18,884,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You're right dizzy, and so is Albion. Saddam used chemical weapons, and the world is a better place without him. I just don't see what getting rid of him had to do with us, and the Americans.

There were no Iraqi terrorists flying those planes into the twin towers. But, someone had to pay for it. The American public wanted revenge for this awful event. Saddam was the fall guy - literally.

I think you're talking about Agent Orange, which the Americans used in Vietnam. This also is thought to have caused cancer among the people of Vietnam.

I think President Bush was pushed into invading Iraq by Dick Chaney and Donald Rumsfeld. They were the puppet masters. Tony Blair was flattered by all the attention he received, and came under great pressure to commit us into going along with America. He made a massive mistake, but still tries to convince himself he was right to do so. I guess he will spend the rest of his life confirming this to himself.
yes Dave Ive always thought Sadaam was the Patsy.. for the twin towers.. shameful... even if he was some kind of warlord in his own country.. there were other agents Dave, not just Orange used on civilians and that should never be forgotten, there are people still suffering today .. not only did they harm innocent civilians they harmed and killed US personnel too.. http://www.agentorangerecord.com/ima...1537(2)(1).pdf this shows the different agents used and what they did.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:59 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,777,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
That's absolutely untrue, as 3000 Americans died long before Bush ever invaded Iraq, and there were numerous terror attacks prior to that. It would be ridiculous to think that it would have stopped without an invasion of Iraq.
Those Americans died also because Washington didn't want to leave the Middle East alone. It is not like the US didn't interfere with ME affairs, sometimes "changing regimes", before 911.

Trust me, the Arabs had no intention to harm Americans before America started to intervene in each and every event in the region tens of thousands miles away. You can't expect no consequences. It is karma. I am actually surprised there were not many terrorist attacks caused by Latin American countries considering how meddling America has been.

Those 3000 lives are on Washington's policies, not Iraq.

God, why not just leave other countries alone.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:49 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,899,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I remember the atrocity in Halabja in 1988 when Saddam used a chemical weapon on the Kurds. Between 3,200 & 5,000 people died and are still dying because of that criminal act.
That number is small, very small, in comparison to the deaths that occurred due to the power vacuum left by the ouster of Saddam.

Also, something it seems many people forget or do not know; the chemical weapons attack was during the Iraq-Iran war, the Kurds sided with Iran, and the US provided intel data to Iraq to target chemical weapon attacks, and even tried to blame Iran for the attacks. Additionally, you can just go and look at who provided these weapons to Iraq, with the US removing Iraq off the state sponsored terror list so they could legally export dual use material.

Iraq of course is ultimately responsible, however, Iraq's use of chemical weapons was not in a bubble, they had plenty of support.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:34 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,777,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That number is small, very small, in comparison to the deaths that occurred due to the power vacuum left by the ouster of Saddam.

Also, something it seems many people forget or do not know; the chemical weapons attack was during the Iraq-Iran war, the Kurds sided with Iran, and the US provided intel data to Iraq to target chemical weapon attacks, and even tried to blame Iran for the attacks. Additionally, you can just go and look at who provided these weapons to Iraq, with the US removing Iraq off the state sponsored terror list so they could legally export dual use material.

Iraq of course is ultimately responsible, however, Iraq's use of chemical weapons was not in a bubble, they had plenty of support.
Most people are too brainwashed to realize that. They still stupidly hold the view that removing a merciless dictator should be something to celebrate.

It is extremely hypocritical for people to say "we had to invade Iraq because Saddam was killing his people" - really? That was the reason, to save innocent people? Why doesn't the US/UK go to war to save lives in millions of Africans under various sorts of government oppression? Why doesn't the US remove the Kings of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain to stop them from killing dissidents (instead US/UK is BFF with those kings)?

And like you said, the death and misery caused by removal of Saddam is far more than that caused by the Saddam regime - yet they don't do the math and pretend the war did the world a favour and Iraqis are living a better, promising life now. It is sickening to even hear "Saddam/Bassad must go" because these people are clueless about the political situation in those countries and what kind of disastrous consequence the region will suffer from removal of those dictators.

The Iraqi war is completely unjustified, out of pure aggression, and the cons massively outweighs the pros. Bush and Blair should be prosecuted and put in prison.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:03 PM

3,954 posts, read 5,108,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
The Iraqi war is completely unjustified, out of pure aggression, and the cons massively outweighs the pros. Bush and Blair should be prosecuted and put in prison.

In the United States, Bush and Cheney had the CIA unleash a weaponized anthrax attack through the mail service one week after 9/11. That was the extra push needed to convince citizens that dictators like Saddam Hussein might be harboring "weapons of mass destruction". Of course the whole thing seems laughable now especially to anyone who's ever heard of Operation Northwoods.

Here's something else amusing to consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgrunnLcG9Q

Old 07-07-2016, 03:09 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,192,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
In the United States, Bush and Cheney had the CIA unleash a weaponized anthrax attack through the mail service one week after 9/11.
Nope. There's no room for conspiracy theories when we're discussing serious matters like the Iraq War.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:50 PM

3,954 posts, read 5,108,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyDerp View Post
Nope. There's no room for conspiracy theories when we're discussing serious matters like the Iraq War.
I'm being deadly serious. One week after 9/11 a mysterious weaponized anthrax attack occurred in the U.S. that killed 5 people.

2001 anthrax attacks

Then Colin Powell gave this famous speech to justify invading Iraq.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5Ggfn9PYM

You don't think Americans would have gone along with the reckless plan to invade Iraq if they weren't manipulated in to doing so do you?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,192,501 times
Quote:
I'm being deadly serious. One week after 9/11 a mysterious weaponized anthrax attack occurred in the U.S. that killed 5 people.
I live in the United States and I remember it well. I also remember that it was the work of a crackpot scientist, not an orchestrated act of terror initiated by the government. Like I said, conspiracy theories are a waste of time.

Quote:
You don't think Americans would have gone along with the reckless plan to invade Iraq if they weren't manipulated in to doing so do you?
Yes, I do. Because Americans had watched Saddam Hussein shooting at Americans almost daily from 1991 until 2003.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom