Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,446,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
A third time is not doing it over and over again. OTH, why not. We have the know how, the economy and the man power. Who is going to stop us? Not you?
Grow yourself a small tash under your nose, and give it a go red........... The uniforms were great back then in the German army. I wasn't too keen on the helmets though.........

I'm not too sure you have the manpower red........ aging population and all that. Unless you can convince the new immigrant Germans to go with you.

I can see it now....... you and Mrs Merkel atop the Kremlin.........

'Today Moscow....... tomorrow Athens.'............

Just don't try anything funny with us here in England........ didn't work out well last time.......

Old 03-03-2017, 10:44 AM

1,529 posts, read 918,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Probably a couple of Russian nukes would be sufficient.
Now that is a dumb suggestion. The fallout could easily reach the UK and some of Russia's friends. The French would not be to happy either and may just retaliate on our behalf.

We had better stick to conventional warfare. There is no country better than us. It took the rest of the world to beat us down, almost that is. After a few short years Germany rose from the ashes taking it's place at the top of the heap.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Grow yourself a small tash under your nose, and give it a go red........... The uniforms were great back then in the German army. I wasn't too keen on the helmets though.........

I'm not too sure you have the manpower red........ aging population and all that. Unless you can convince the new immigrant Germans to go with you.

I can see it now....... you and Mrs Merkel atop the Kremlin.........

'Today Moscow....... tomorrow Athens.'............

Just don't try anything funny with us here in England........ didn't work out well last time.......
No it didn't Dave. Of course you couldn't do it by yourself, had to ask your cousins (?) to come across the pond to help.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
No it didn't Dave. Of course you couldn't do it by yourself, had to ask your cousins (?) to come across the pond to help.
Didn't need 'em red, as well you know. Your air force was in tatters after the Battle of Britain in 1940. The Yanks didn't get here until 1942........ If you'd have tried anything by sea, the British navy would have blown them out of the water. Stick to the facts red.......

I do agree the German army was the greatest fighting force ever. They just bit off more than they could chew.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:00 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,950,129 times
Quote:
Now that is a dumb suggestion. The fallout could easily reach the UK and some of Russia's friends. The French would not be to happy either and may just retaliate on our behalf.

We had better stick to conventional warfare. There is no country better than us. It took the rest of the world to beat us down, almost that is. After a few short years Germany rose from the ashes taking it's place at the top of the heap.
Yeah, you only lost two major wars in a row. In the first, your civilian population was almost starved to death and, in the second, your cities were effectively bombed into rubble. And, in both wars, you introduced a special kind of terror and barbarity. And people like you want to have a third go at it.

Maybe Morgenthau was right.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Yeah, you only lost two major wars in a row. In the first, your civilian population was almost starved to death and, in the second, your cities were effectively bombed into rubble. And, in both wars, you introduced a special kind of terror and barbarity. And people like you want to have a third go at it.

Maybe Morgenthau was right.
Take it easy Jaggy. In both wars we had to take on the rest of the world. That is that. Bombing our cities into rubble, yes you are right. You should be very proud of yourself for killing millions of civilians in the process. Of course you are such a civilized country.

Do some research, you may discover that the name and concept of "Concentration Camps" was first invented and used by the British during the Boer War.

I know what we did and I am not proud of it. Get of your high horse and check on your colonial barbarisms.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:53 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,122,761 times
Come on guys; let's not jump the shark here! Focus on the future and the here and now, not the past.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:55 PM

Meanwhile Theresa May has been up in Scotland telling them to pull themselves together......... She reckons another vote for leaving the union would result in a bigger vote for remain. SNP think different.

Give 'em another vote, and if they lose again, and the union remains, then shut the **** up!!........

If they win, and vote to leave........ then don't let the door bang on the way out!!

Old 03-03-2017, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Meanwhile Theresa May has been up in Scotland telling them to pull themselves together......... She reckons another vote for leaving the union would result in a bigger vote for remain. SNP think different.

Give 'em another vote, and if they lose again, and the union remains, then shut the **** up!!........

If they win, and vote to leave........ then don't let the door bang on the way out!!
If Scotland did vote Yes, I know a lot of people - for the most part well educated with good skills and experience - who would be selling up and heading south.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Take it easy Jaggy. In both wars we had to take on the rest of the world. That is that. Bombing our cities into rubble, yes you are right. You should be very proud of yourself for killing millions of civilians in the process. Of course you are such a civilized country.

Do some research, you may discover that the name and concept of "Concentration Camps" was first invented and used by the British during the Boer War.

I know what we did and I am not proud of it. Get of your high horse and check on your colonial barbarisms.
You were the one talking about having a third go at Moscow. I wasn't around in WW2 so I don't have a particular axe to grind. My mother, who only avoided being killed when the German landmine dropped near her home failed to explode, might have a rather different outlook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom