Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2017, 11:28 AM

141 posts, read 133,837 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one who is seeing Theresa May mutate into a robot before my eyes ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 11:09 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfc1 View Post
Am I the only one who is seeing Theresa May mutate into a robot before my eyes ?
When she is nervous, her mouth twists into strange shapes. She is a bureaucrat, and not at ease away from her desk. I find her fervent Brexit views strange for a woman who didn't campaign for it, or even really against it. She sat on the fence, and waited for her moment to come. I don't trust her, but she's all we have got. I don't see any greatness waiting in the wings.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:39 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,826,588 times
I read an article on a conservative American website that offered a possible explanation for the rise of Labour and Corbyn. It stated that memories of the IRA are fading among British voters, Corbyn supporters are successfully pushing back against negative publicity, and that voters are ready to "live a little" after seven years of Conservative austerity programs.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:35 PM

296 posts, read 260,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I read an article on a conservative American website that offered a possible explanation for the rise of Labour and Corbyn. It stated that memories of the IRA are fading among British voters, Corbyn supporters are successfully pushing back against negative publicity, and that voters are ready to "live a little" after seven years of Conservative austerity programs.
Nope, it's nothing to do Corbyn, the IRA, or voters memories. The answer is simple, the complete & utter cluster f**k that the Tories made of their manifesto.
In a stroke of sheer brilliance, Theresa May, decided it would be a good idea to steal money from pensioners, enact internet restrictions & completly ignore the real issues, ie jobs, immigration, health & housing.
So Labour/Corbyn is NOT getting more popular, it's just the Tories that are getting less popular.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:56 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,518,334 times
An ICM poll out this morning shows things have hardly moved with the Tories still on an 11 point lead.
I still don't see anything other than an 80-100 seat majority for the Tories.
Brexit is still driving this with former Ukippers and traditional Labour voters aghast at the thought of Corbyn as PM.
Anyone thinking Corbyn has a chance is deluded.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM

2,639 posts, read 1,998,210 times
One thing I can see as an accomplishment for Theresa May-assembling on short notice a trade network for the UK.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:03 AM

27,232 posts, read 13,521,447 times
Diane Abbott is not well - not another migrane Diane.

General election 2017: Diane Abbott 'takes indefinite break from campaign' - BBC News

It's a real shame as that interview you gave on Sky News the other day was the funniest thing I have seen in ages.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:55 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,301,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
the IRA blather which was reached for by the tory press has failed , most british voters have more important bread and butter issues to worry about , that corbyn met gerry adams and martin mc guinness a few years before the good friday agreement and at the same time the british goverment were talking to them anyway through back channells , is pretty irrelevant to most people

its a pathetic attempt by a leadership who know they have had a pretty awful campaign , corbyn could very well loose the battle but win the war , opposite for may

Old 06-07-2017, 05:05 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,518,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
the IRA blather which was reached for by the tory press has failed , most british voters have more important bread and butter issues to worry about , that corbyn met gerry adams and martin mc guinness a few years before the good friday agreement and at the same time the british goverment were talking to them anyway through back channells , is pretty irrelevant to most people

its a pathetic attempt by a leadership who know they have had a pretty awful campaign , corbyn could very well loose the battle but win the war , opposite for may
I beg to disagree,old chap.
Polling has shown that Corbyn's past association with IRA killers together with a number of other illegal organisations willing to murder innocent people has figured prominently in this election.
And Corbyn will not only lose the battle but be completely annihilated.
I predict a winning margin of 75-100 seats which would send Labour into political oblivion for at least a decade.
A shame really because there are many decent and very good Labour MPs who could quite easily form a government if they had a leader who was acceptable to millions of their traditional voters,something Corbyn plainly isn't.
Trouble is you we haven't heard from them in this election because they have no desire to be associated with Calamity Corbyn.
Instead we've had political heavyweights like,er,Diane Abbott to show how good they could be in government.
Oh dear,hang on a minute ...

Edit: Two key stats to remember before tomorrow's vote.

1.In 23 of the 50 Labour seats with the smallest majorities, UKIP is not fielding a candidate.
2.Not a single poll throughout the campaign has put the Tories below 40% (due to mass UKIP defection)

Last edited by Roscoe Conkling; 06-07-2017 at 05:24 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 01:18 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,440,782 times
All the talk is over now, and today it's about the people going out to vote. I sure hope the rain doesn't put them off........ I sent my postal vote off a while back.

I predict a increased majority for the Tories. Not saying if that's the right or wrong thing, just the way it is.

Once you look through the distractions of overexcited telly pundits, and polls all over the place, when push comes to shove, the vote will go for the Tories.

Hiding Diane Abbott away at this late stage of the game, was a few weeks too late..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom