Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 04:02 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,675,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Harris should go back to California and buy some new knee pads.
What are you implying here? Or is it just a misogynist insult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 11:20 PM

2,347 posts, read 854,994 times
Quote:
Your last line is a really tired straw man.
Those clowns aren’t any worse than the talking heads on the other cable shows, and just a fraction of the hardcore believers take the time to listen to their pap.

Talk about ending the “special relationship”…. If we sent them Trump, the Parliament would probably declare war on Washington. Lol
He should buy Epstein’s Sex Island, build a golf course on it and fade away there.

But BigPaul is correct about Biden. He belongs in a memory care nursing home.
Harris should go back to California and buy some new knee pads.
I have to agree. Cable News channel are very partisan. When they are rigidly against giving any credit whatsoever to the opposition, eventually they have to start lying to justify their opinions and claims.

However I think Fox spouts more bull than CNN or MSNBC:

The national deficit is sky high not because of Biden's so called spending. It's sky high because of the whopping great tax breaks Trump gave to the rich. With all the revenue the Fed lost not surprising in the least. They tossed the rest of us a few crumbs. Tell that to Sean Hannity.

I am pretty sure that if Trump had won and was now dealing with the Ukraine war the nukes would have been flying months ago. Laugh at Biden if you will but there have been endless reports from ex-Trump aides that Trump never listened to a word of advice or if he did he either ignored it or didnt even hear it.

I would recommend anyone read "Peril" by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa which covers in part Trump's final days in office and his bizarre behaviour as told by many who were around him.

This was reinforced today by ex-aid Cassidy Hutchinson testifying before the Jan 6 committee. Apparently in fits of rage Trump would throw plates of food at the dining room wall and pull the cloth from the table. She was an actual witness to one episode and I see no reason why she would commit perjury or make up stories.

Another falsehood is how Trump got the economy in such good shape again. It was already well on it's way when Obama left office after he inherited the mess that Bush left eight years before.

I have changed my mind about packing Trump off to England. I would not put it past him to try to plan a coup to seize the throne of England from Charles when the time comes to inherit...With his colossal ego anything's possible

Last edited by James Austen; 06-28-2022 at 11:28 PM..

Old 06-30-2022, 06:23 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
The mess Bush left was created by democrat banking policies that were passed during the Clinton administration.
But the fix for it started when W signed the firtst QE spending bill. Before he left office. Trump’s tax cuts stimulated business expansion and eventually revenue.
The majot driver of inflation we are seeing is the fiat Trillions printed out of thin air during the pandemic shutdown…. Not only here, but worldwide.
Tax cuts create more revenue in the long run. Ask JFK & RR about that.
Tax increases create more revenue in the short term, but are just passed on to the consumer.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
What are you implying here? Or is it just a misogynist insult?
Just pointing out how she rose in California politics as Willie Brown’s mistress.
Even the democrats know she isn’t fit for the job and is a drag on the ticket.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:25 AM

15,460 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Just pointing out how she rose in California politics as Willie Brown’s mistress.
Even the democrats know she isn’t fit for the job and is a drag on the ticket.
What is the basis for your claim that Pelosi and Brown had an affair?

Old 06-30-2022, 11:32 AM

35,105 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
The mess Bush left was created by democrat banking policies that were passed during the Clinton administration.
But the fix for it started when W signed the firtst QE spending bill. Before he left office. Trump’s tax cuts stimulated business expansion and eventually revenue.
The majot driver of inflation we are seeing is the fiat Trillions printed out of thin air during the pandemic shutdown…. Not only here, but worldwide.
Tax cuts create more revenue in the long run. Ask JFK & RR about that.
Tax increases create more revenue in the short term, but are just passed on to the consumer.
I've never heard of such a bill.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:46 AM

I think Harris was chosen as VIP mainly for her gender and ethnicity. Biden had no choice politically. I dont think she shines all that well when talking to reporters or addressing a political meeting. Biden appointed her to work on the southern border issues but as far as I can see she did either very little or nothing and only visited the border once. Correct me if I'm wrong on the visits.

If Biden chooses not to run again in 2024 the Dems would do well to be looking hard for a candidate who has a good chance to win and they will need it this time more than ever but that said the alternative leaves a very sour taste in one's mouth.

Who do they have? De Santis ? Well educated, smart but IMO can be faulted for his judgment during the pandemic crisis in forbidding school boards across State to impose mask mandates in schools which over 80 school districts ignored and went ahead with the mandates. '

As for Ted Cruz.... God help us !

Pence? Hated by a sizeable number in the GOP voting bloc for having done his duty under the Constitution and certified the Electoral College vote in favour of Biden instead of listening to Trump and his gangsta plan to stay in power.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:54 AM

1,499 posts, read 1,675,063 times
He's just using creative history to sidestep that the Republicans caused the last few economic downturns. Tax cuts always end up with less government revenue and more wealth goes to the already wealthy. In Bush's and Trump's cases it drove up the national debt for no economic benefit and then the economy tanked. The problem with Republicans is that there are only in favour of lower spending when they aren't in power, so their tax cuts (which somehow always favour the rich much more than anyone else) always end up as national debt.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:51 PM

California is not exactly a tax haven for anyone, quite the reverse in fact but still comes in sixth largest in the world's economy

Old 06-30-2022, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I've never heard of such a bill.
“The first QE bill”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom