Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:32 PM

702 posts, read 1,984,232 times

Advertisements

Immigration problems here??? Im lucky if I run across a hispanic on a daily basis..try living in maryland and then we can talk...the driving suks badly here....no common sense on the road..no courtesy...NO BLINKERS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 07:20 AM

6 posts, read 12,908 times
i have read the paper! do you really belive everything you read? no disrespect, but its like beliving all the commercials on tv...

Old 10-14-2008, 07:28 AM

6 posts, read 12,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
Immigration problems here??? Im lucky if I run across a hispanic on a daily basis..try living in maryland and then we can talk...the driving suks badly here....no common sense on the road..no courtesy...NO BLINKERS
on the subject...bad drivers i would agree..but in my opinion, most of that comes from too many people moving here, and no-one in the state capitol thought about this could happen 15 years ago!
It seems in the bigger cities we have sub-standard freeways and then they come up with this train that no-one seems to wanna ride...do they honestly think they will get people out of their cars? i dont think so!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:54 PM

New York has better drivers than here..i have never in my life seen such idiots on the roadway

Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
New York has better drivers than here..i have never in my life seen such idiots on the roadway
The freeways here didn't go though a change till the start of 1998 when the expansion started for the winter Olympics in 2002

Before that it was more hickville "stop on the road wherever you want, there's no one else on the road" mentality that's still with us today.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1054 View Post
on the subject...bad drivers i would agree..but in my opinion, most of that comes from too many people moving here, and no-one in the state capitol thought about this could happen 15 years ago!
It seems in the bigger cities we have sub-standard freeways and then they come up with this train that no-one seems to wanna ride...do they honestly think they will get people out of their cars? i dont think so!
The Front Runner sounded like a good idea. I know my son used it when it first opened to get to Salt Lake and then biked the rest of the way to work. But he said they raised the price on it already...$5.00 each way..not worth it he says and says the freeways just as crowded even with Legacy.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:22 AM

Does any employers participate in a cheaper way to work?? I know MD did..if u took an alternative way to work the employer would reimburse or have monthly passes employees could buy..alot of employers participated in the program the state designed

Old 10-15-2008, 08:25 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,231,530 times
Back in SoCal most employers, did the Rideshare program. It was great.
They need something like that here. My DH's company has 2 parking lots for it's employees and they are always overfilled, with people having to park on the street, and between the buildings. It's crazy. No one seems to want to car pool.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,133,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
The Front Runner sounded like a good idea. I know my son used it when it first opened to get to Salt Lake and then biked the rest of the way to work. But he said they raised the price on it already...$5.00 each way..not worth it he says and says the freeways just as crowded even with Legacy.
My H takes the Frontrunner. He says in the mornings (from the earliest ones until 9 or so) by the time it get to Layton Sbound, it is already standing room only. I know that parking at the Layton Station is completely over-flowing...the surrounding businesses have got to be aggrivated. I imagine rush hour Nbound has got to be very full as well.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,133,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC dreamer View Post
Back in SoCal most employers, did the Rideshare program. It was great.
They need something like that here. My DH's company has 2 parking lots for it's employees and they are always overfilled, with people having to park on the street, and between the buildings. It's crazy. No one seems to want to car pool.
UTA does have a "share a ride" program. My H looked into it, and after learning a little about it, I have noticed the vans on the road. You need something like 3+ employees involved in it. I don't know enough about it to know why it doesn't seem to be working well here in Utah, I would love to see more of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah