Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,410 times

Advertisements

Sorry about me posting again,saying practically the same thing. Didn't read the posts before and I just did now and realized I had already posted something. I am close to retirement so....must be the age. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,035 times
I moved here 3 years ago, brought my wife and our 2 young children from southern California, we are also not of the predominant religion, but that has not made any difference. We have made great friends, and I did get a great job, but there are not many great jobs here, so they do not pay as well as other places, but then it does not cost as much either, most of the time we take our family to one of the many FREE functions and parades, and the wonderful parks. When we first came here to look to see if we wanted to move here, we looked all over, St. George is nice enough, but is hot during the summer, has much more crime, and the schools do not rank as high. Cedar get it's share of snow, the first year we were here we rented a apartment on the north end of town (the town is not that big) and we got a lot of snow that year, but since we have moved in to a house, and I have to shovel snow 7-10 times a year. The spring though fall here is wonderful, the temp here is great, shorts and t-shirt type weather, there are some windy days (usaully the day before a storm). As far as crime I will not say this is the safest place, but I do not worry if my wife wants to go to Wal-Mart at midnight, I do not worry about my kids playing in the front yard. I dont worry about coming out and finding my car missing. The neighbors you will find here, will be the kind that will run to your aid when you move in, they will come help everytime they see you needing a hand.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Jim...we lived in Washington City from October 2005 until this past August...it's an interesting place, we finally made a few wonderful friends, but it took us a couple years, and only due to the city data board here...honest we were not of the predominant religion and it was hard on us..being from CA I guess we were just used to diversity. Again, I would suggest renting before you buy anywhere..
I TOTALLY Agree!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidawarrior View Post
Does anyone know about the employment in Cedar City, is it bad? good? We need to relocate from Yuma,AZ, 115 degrees outside right now, so one reason. Another we have the highest unemployment rate in the United States, another reason. We just need to relocate and soon, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I currently live in Cedar City and have for the last year and a half. Cedar City, doesn't have very many jobs, and if there are any it's mainly service oriented.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,907 times
Bump. I say, bring on the snow. I am going to scope the place out again this Fall. CC may become my final resting place, having the good fortune to be located close to the most breathtaking scenery on this planet.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:44 PM

239 posts, read 952,405 times
I love Cedar City, jobs are rough, being a college town. Bur we are faring better than many areas.

Not a lot of variety in shopping and dining, but it is a small friendly place.

I made this video last month from pictures I took driving around one day last month.

Cedar City

Old 06-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Here is a collection of resources for anyone interested in Cedar City area.
Mods, I hope this is ok, they are all news, local sites

Cedar City News - [domain blocked due to spam]
Cedar City
IronSheriff.net > Jail > Inmate Bookings (http://www.ironcounty.net/departments/sheriff/jail/bookings/book.html - broken link)
thespectrum.com | The Spectrum | St. George news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving St. George, Utah
KCSG Television - KCSG Television KCSG-TV Your Window of Southern Utah
Cedar City, Utah Pictures & Photos: Businesses
Welcome to Facebook (search facebook for more Cedar City Pages)
Welcome to Facebook
Cedar City Contractors ( check out the localism site)

Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,907 times
Nice video. I found that it's hard to take a bad picture in Utah. I really enjoyed my drive over Dixie Nat. Forest via Hwy 14. It was the end of May and all that snow! Navajo lake was still white, but you could see it starting to thaw around the edges. I put up hundreds of pics on my Facebook page, take a look. Southern Utah is just loaded with goodies and here I am staring at the angry heat rising off the asphalt and a paltry elevation of 103 ft. That's it, I'm moving.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Thanks, it is 110 down in St. George, about 90 here (west of Cedar) with a nice breeze!
I love that drive! I did check out your pix, very nice, must have been a great trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah